BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Speaking of attitudes I remember you thinking all your birthdays had come at once when the news came out that the new owners had sacked Allardyce. You were beside yourself with joy despite me and a few others issuing grave warnings at the time. Maybe your glee encouraged them to bin off Williams et al too? Hows that for attitude gav?

For a man that said he'd NEVER go again whilst Venkys remained at the club you're got some front Gordon.

They're still here, you are to, what went wrong?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His life mate, not yours. Not what I'd do either, I admit, but everyone makes choices freely.

I'd suggest that preferring to follow Rovers meant it wasn't a relationship worth staying in.

My Dad used to always tell me a story from his younger days when he was on the books of a professional team.

He'd got himself injured during a game and was on the treatment table. His girlfriend at the time came in, upset that he'd found himself injured again and decided to confront him about it.

"That's it, it's either football or me" she said.

"Goodbye* then!" he replied.

(*dialogue may have been ever so slightly amended to be suitable for the messageboard!)

You've lost a wife/family and jobs over Rovers?

You need to get a life and your priorities straight.

You know what DunnFC, you could learn a thing or two from what people like Abbey have been through supporting the club.

It's clearly something you'll never understand, the club gets inside you, it's all that mattered for many, me included well into my 30's.

You're 24/25 and couldn't give s toss, I'd give up if I was you, it clearly means nothing to you.

Your whole attitude above just displays what is relevant, you stated you'd lost a wife, girlfriends and a job over BRFC. I doubt that extends itself to a limited period of time such as the 80's. Christ you were moaning about CSA not so long ago.

Your age isn't of concern to me other than i'm guessing at the fact your near enough to 40 and you still take great admittance in admitting the above. Personally i'd be embarrassed to admit as such.

From your link above in that period since 2009:

I now have a family, a house i own, chartered within my profession and engaged.

We will leave it there before you entertain the CAPS LOCK.

Your comments display a breathtaking arrogance, naivety and inexperience. At the age of 24, I suggest you know little about life nor the stark realities of the profession within which you work which can't be learnt from text books !

Your comments display a breathtaking arrogance, naivety and inexperience. At the age of 24, I suggest you know little about life nor the stark realities of the profession within which you work which can't be learnt from text books !

Nope just served my time and gained the hands on approach with relevant qualifications and self employment, before going to uni at 21 and and working myself onwards again professionally with a prestigious degree attained via evening study and a chartership within a highly valued profession.

Yep all at the age of 24 going on 25. Brfc have been a sacrifice worth taking to get this far.

Your age isn't of concern to me other than i'm guessing at the fact your near enough to 40 and you still take great admittance in admitting the above. Personally i'd be embarrassed to admit as such.

From your link above in that period since 2009:

I now have a family, a house i own, chartered within my profession and engaged.

We will leave it there before you entertain the CAPS LOCK.

What's that got to do with the price of eggs? This is a Rovers messageboard. Let's keep it relevant.

If we all started spouting our respective degrees/qualifications and whatnot on here, debate would become even more tedious than it already is.

This isn't the place for willy waving. We get enough of that with Gordon reminding us how right he was about Venky's. And we all know what we're in for from Mercerman, now that Jordan looks to finally be off...

Ps you're the same age as me and you're engaged. Unlucky mate ;)

What's that got to do with the price of eggs? This is a Rovers messageboard. Let's keep it relevant.

If we all started spouting our respective degrees/qualifications and whatnot on here, debate would become even more tedious than it already is.

This isn't the place for willy waving. We get enough of that with Gordon reminding us how right he was about Venky's. And we all know what we're in for from Mercerman, now that Jordan looks to finally be off...

Ps you're the same age as me and you're engaged. Unlucky mate ;)

Haha Struck gold with this one! Just check your pm mate.

For a man that said he'd NEVER go again whilst Venkys remained at the club you're got some front Gordon.

They're still here, you are to, what went wrong?

I refused to put any of my money into the pockets of that regime. Everything they did was just so wrong. The venkymob, Kean and Anderson appeared one and the same at the time and their names were over the door. Since then I've come to the conclusion that the venkys have spewed countless millions too and that the real rogues who have destroyed all that Jack built were those two spivs. May be wrong but I believe that the venkys were the innocent but gormless and gullible victims of a massive sting.

As I've pointed out elsewhere gav it's a shame that Mark Hughes wasn't here and had access to the bunce that they've blown.

Nope just served my time and gained the hands on approach with relevant qualifications and self employment, before going to uni at 21 and and working myself onwards again professionally with a prestigious degree attained via evening study and a chartership within a highly valued profession.

Yep all at the age of 24 going on 25. Brfc have been a sacrifice worth taking to get this far.

Please see my comment above. There are plenty on here with qualifications that likely surpass your own. I could name a good few but I shall not. Once again, what relevance does it have? None at all.

I refused to put any of my money into the pockets of that regime. Everything they did was just so wrong. The venkymob, Kean and Anderson appeared one and the same at the time and their names were over the door. Since then I've come to the conclusion that the venkys have spewed countless millions too and that the real rogues who have destroyed all that Jack built were those two spivs. May be wrong but I believe that the venkys were the innocent but gormless and gullible victims of a massive sting.

As I've pointed out elsewhere gav it's a shame that Mark Hughes wasn't here and had access to the bunce that they've blown.

innocent your kidding yourself..I'd say your 99.9% wrong

Might I suggest you crawl out of your own arse hole.

We're talking Blackburn Rovers not playing a p1ssing competition.

Please see my comment above. There are plenty on here with qualifications that likely surpass your own. I could name a good few but I shall not. Once again, what relevance does it have? None at all.

Might not to a person with a 'prestigious degree' but it might do to a 'layman'. :)

innocent your kidding yourself..I'd say your 99.9% wrong

So please explain why would anybody spew over 100 million quid?

From the off I couldn't see what they wanted to own BRFc for and tbh I suspected an asset stripping exercise but if it is then losing many times more than you can possibly take out is a damned funny way of going about it.

Well GB did not offer Maguire any deal. Not good enough for Sheff W? Not good enough for Rovers!

As long Gestede and Rhodes stays no striker will arrive making it complicated Im afraid.

Rovers remain interest in Doneil Henry.

Some great info mate. This should be the stuff we're discussing. Keep it coming..

Utter Plonker of a comment.

Some of us are able to switch from work, personal life to enjoyment and create a healthy balance.

You can't change those things in which you have no say in i.e Brfc but you can over personal matters. Brfc is enjoyment like the cinema, bowling etc. If required you could say no to BRFC. Up to last season i was a season ticket holder for a few years but as im approaching my mid-twenties (24) and accelerating in my career and life then BRFC interests are losing there priority.

I 'll have a stab at re-writing your first sentence:

" I really disagree with that."

Actually, I think your analogy of BRFC with going to the cinema may actually work with the glory hunters, who merely turn up to watch a successful team. However, with most supporters of most clubs, it is a completely different thing. Hence, the passion on this and many other message boards.

Casablanca and "A matter of Life and Death" may be great films, but I woudn't expect to see many message board arguments about script or dramatic tension!

• Backroom

Hughes would have been shown the door exactly as Allardyce was. SEM/Kentaro came to Rovers with a plan and an established manager within the game was not part of it. Hughes would have either been shown the door or quit when he realised what was going to happen, as happened with pretty much every other respectable person at the club with any influence.

Transfers guys....TRANSFERS!!!!!

Its been a tough day Mani, emotions are running high, I'm guilty I know, but things are about to get really bad and its been on our watch.....

I've just come on to the last page of this thread to find any transfer news and all I find is bitchiness.

I might as well have watched Eastenders on telly.

Kean off the lot of you

I've just come on to the last page of this thread to find any transfer news and all I find is bitchiness.

I might as well have watched Eastenders on telly.

Kean off the lot of you

Way to much info

Its been a tough day Mani, emotions are running high, I'm guilty I know, but things are about to get really bad and its been on our watch.....

and what exactly could we have done Gav. It's no use beating ourselves up. We couldn't have stopped the train crash if we'd all stood together in the middle of Ewood park and refused to move until something good happened. There was absolutely nothing to stop the trust selling the club, nothing to stop venkys buying it, nothing to stop them doing anything they wanted with their possession. We tried. But it's futile if you have no way whatsoever of affecting the owners.

Archived