BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Its been a tough day Mani, emotions are running high, I'm guilty I know, but things are about to get really bad and its been on our watch.....

I get that people are worried mate. I'm as worried as any but SO many on here are passing blind guess work off as fact.

The facts are that no one knows what is going to happen! So why are grown men arguing with each other over something which not one of them actually knows about? It's unbelievable...

This thread is for transfers and we had two trialists playing tonight who haven't been mentioned!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries, Petschi is in the building. Took him even less time to get injured than Grella did. Someone also mentioned he was shocking before the injury. So we got Grella and Goulon in the same package. Still someone think signing Petschi over Furman had nothing to do wages?

Of course it was about wages. A 3rd division player over the captain of South Africa. I'm just biased, but we have make do with what we have

• Backroom

No worries, Petschi is in the building. Took him even less time to get injured than Grella did. Someone also mentioned he was shocking before the injury. So we got Grella and Goulon in the same package. Still someone think signing Petschi over Furman had nothing to do wages?

How much have you seen of either of them?

Today's been a real mixed bag of emotions, the Rhodes news is a blow but I am heartened to learn that Dunnfc is about the most impressive human that ever lived, every cloud.

Guys can we please stay on topic, I know that emotions are running high today with what has been going on today,

Rhodes - a lot of disappointment internally that he went public with his views, believe that Gary and Shelfie will be responding within the next 24 hours (most likely via the LT). A good Middlesbrough contact saying that they will be back with one more offer, it will be a take it or leave it type offer. No point second guessing how Venky's will react as simply no one knows.

Kim move is on hold until they can get a decision on whether he will get a work permit, his agent has confirmed to me that although Rovers are in pole position to sign him there are some other Championship clubs interested.

As well as the trialists tonight there are a few more due next week. Gary also has a list of potential loan players from Premier League clubs should Rhodes/Rudy leave.

There is also a rumour (which I don't believe) doing the rounds that should Rovers sell both Rhodes and Rudy that Gary will walk and join Forest coaching staff.

How much have you seen of either of them?

Today's been a real mixed bag of emotions, the Rhodes news is a blow but I am heartened to learn that Dunnfc is about the most impressive human that ever lived, every cloud.

:lol:

Tickled me that Tom. I doff my cap.

Regarding Rhodes / Gestede and their replacement (s) - If it's not already here in the shape of "Browny". I am terrified about this season. Not that it was looking brilliant last week. I dread to think where we'll be come December never mind bloody May.

Never mind the "false 9" GB is gonna have to invent the "no 9" formation. 4 at the back, 3 sitters, 3 "attacking" - No sniggering at the back!! Midfielders. Lump it, hope we nick a goal, cling on for dear life.

Repeat til administration.

• Backroom

I have not heard of any bids for Gestede since the Watford one that we rejected a few weeks ago.

Sounds like the trialists did ok tonight, be interesting to see if they stay around a bit longer

Guys can we please stay on topic, I know that emotions are running high today with what has been going on today,

Rhodes - a lot of disappointment internally that he went public with his views, believe that Gary and Shelfie will be responding within the next 24 hours (most likely via the LT). A good Middlesbrough contact saying that they will be back with one more offer, it will be a take it or leave it type offer. No point second guessing how Venky's will react as simply no one knows.

Kim move is on hold until they can get a decision on whether he will get a work permit, his agent has confirmed to me that although Rovers are in pole position to sign him there are some other Championship clubs interested.

As well as the trialists tonight there are a few more due next week. Gary also has a list of potential loan players from Premier League clubs should Rhodes/Rudy leave.

There is also a rumour (which I don't believe) doing the rounds that should Rovers sell both Rhodes and Rudy that Gary will walk and join Forest coaching staff.

Does he want a lift to Nottingham ?

Any News on Villa coming in as rumoured in the press this morning or is it Gestedes agent putting the story out

I have not heard of any bids for Gestede since the Watford one that we rejected a few weeks ago.

Thanks again Kamy for the reply.

Just hope we can get a couple of decent PL loan strikers in to replace JR and RG.

And I cant see Bowyer walking away either.

This is the pits.

I'm not old enough but I get the impression that last time we dropped to the third tier we shouldn't have (given our squad). This time we will deserve to.

Yeovil

Doncaster

Blackpool

Wigan

Will we be any better? This is going to be an awful season. :(

This is the pits.

I'm not old enough but I get the impression that last time we dropped to the third tier we shouldn't have (given our squad). This time we will deserve to.

Yeovil

Doncaster

Blackpool

Wigan

Will we be any better? This is going to be an awful season. :(

But it could signal the end game for Venkys Stuart, I'd take that now pal, I really would.

The club will rise again, but not until they've crawled back up the rock from where they came.

Gestede is not going to play tomorrow due to a new 'knee injury'. Seems like he's going one step further than Rhodes to get his move.

On a sidenote it's good to see that the warm weather training has worked wonders. Taylor, Evans, Brown and Lenihan are all injured.

Something I flagged up on the first day back of pre season training was that they were inside training on the hard surfaces. It was brushed off as having them inside with the fans on because it was a hot day ( before they went warm weather training anyway). Jogging about on hard surfaces after most of them have done nothing for a few months I found puzzling.

I'm no physio but spent plenty time with a professional one after busting my knee and he used to detest the all weather surfaces. He worked for North End when they had the plastic and said the players had constant niggles that never went away because of it. Obviously surfaces have changed a bit but it's still not the same. All the niggles last season as well, are they being trained on the all weather pitches too much these days ?

Archived