BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Certainly looks like Bowyer is looking for more pace and power next season. Our squad is too pedestrian so that's a good strategy. Sema and Sarpong both have pace and power; koita has pace; peschi has muscle. Kim can run with the ball and take players on.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly looks like Bowyer is looking for more pace and power next season. Our squad is too pedestrian so that's a good strategy. Sema and Sarpong both have pace and power; koita has pace; peschi has muscle. Kim can run with the ball and take players on.

I'm praying they sign the duo that played tonight but judging by the LT article bowyer didn't sound to enthusiastic

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Gary Bowyer says he will hold discussions tomorrow about whether to retain trialists Jeffrey Sarpong and Maic Sema.

The duo both played in tonight’s 2-0 friendly win at Tranmere Rovers, with Ghanaian right winger Sarpong netting in the 76th minute from long range.

Swedish left winger Sema hit the crossbar and created a couple of good chances for others but Bowyer says he must still weigh up whether any new signings will improve his squad – particularly given the transfer embargo Rovers are currently under.

“They did all right, it’s always difficult for any trialists coming in, they’ve been with us for a couple of days, their attitudes are fine and they showed signs tonight,” Bowyer said.

“But we have to try to make sure that whoever we bring in under the restrictions of the embargo can really make a difference to our first team. That’s the challenge.”

Asked whether they would stay with Rovers beyond tonight’s match, Bowyer said: “We’ll see in the morning and have the conversation.

“We’ve got a limited number of places available and we’ll just assess that and try to come up with the right decisions.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13499024.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_to_make_decisions_on_trialist_duo/?ref=mac

judging by the LT article bowyer didn't sound to enthusiastic

Bowyer never sounds enthusiastic. The charisma of a cardboard cut-out.

A dark, dark day. Many knew these days were fast approaching, but accepting and preparing for them hasnt diminished the dread and doom. :(

We train outside all the time, hot, cold, wind, rain whatever. These players are just a bunch of fairies

It was hot by our standards but not unbearable. It was the fitness tests, sprinting etc on the hard surfaces on the first day back I found a bit odd. Not good on the joints especially after they ain't been doing anything for weeks.

looking good for next season then. :0

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Gary Bowyer says he will hold discussions tomorrow about whether to retain trialists Jeffrey Sarpong and Maic Sema.

The duo both played in tonight’s 2-0 friendly win at Tranmere Rovers, with Ghanaian right winger Sarpong netting in the 76th minute from long range.

Swedish left winger Sema hit the crossbar and created a couple of good chances for others but Bowyer says he must still weigh up whether any new signings will improve his squad – particularly given the transfer embargo Rovers are currently under.

“They did all right, it’s always difficult for any trialists coming in, they’ve been with us for a couple of days, their attitudes are fine and they showed signs tonight,” Bowyer said.

“But we have to try to make sure that whoever we bring in under the restrictions of the embargo can really make a difference to our first team. That’s the challenge.”

Asked whether they would stay with Rovers beyond tonight’s match, Bowyer said: “We’ll see in the morning and have the conversation.

“We’ve got a limited number of places available and we’ll just assess that and try to come up with the right decisions.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13499024.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_to_make_decisions_on_trialist_duo/?ref=mac

The cheapest decisions he means.

It was hot by our standards but not unbearable. It was the fitness tests, sprinting etc on the hard surfaces on the first day back I found a bit odd.

Train and run on a surface, that you will be playing or running on. Those hard ish indoor surfaces are not ideal imo.

Bowyer Quote "But we have to try to make sure that whoever we bring in under the restrictions of the embargo can really make a difference to our first team. Thats the challenge."

Yes I have a bee in my bonnet about him saying this and then signing a player WHO WAS RELEASED BY a french 3rd division side who were a bats nipple off going down to the 4th division. Its like signing someone from Bamber Bridge FC

Then the pillock says he's nowhere near ready for this level and needs time. The mans a complete arse.

And going back a few pages why can't those twits in Pune be as belligerent over our managetial position and promotion abitions as they are over outgoing transfer fees.

The club stinks and two faced lying Bowyer is part of it.

Bowyer never sounds enthusiastic. The charisma of a cardboard cut-out.

A dark, dark day. Many knew these days were fast approaching, but accepting and preparing for them hasnt diminished the dread and doom. :(

Just hope we're about to see the end game COB.

If they remain in charge we'll have no club left.

Bowyer But we have to try to make sure that whoever we bring in under the restrictions of the embargo can really make a difference to our first team. Thats the challenge.

Yes I have a bee in my bonnet about him saying this and then signing a player WHO WAS RELEASED BY a french 3rf division side who were a bats nipple off going down to the 4th division. Its like signing somsone from Bamber Bridge FC

Then the pillock says he's nowhere near ready for this level and needs time. The mans a complete arse.

The whole situation is unfathomable.

Bowyer Quote "But we have to try to make sure that whoever we bring in under the restrictions of the embargo can really make a difference to our first team. Thats the challenge."

Yes I have a bee in my bonnet about him saying this and then signing a player WHO WAS RELEASED BY a french 3rf division side who were a bats nipple off going down to the 4th division. Its like signing somsone from Bamber Bridge FC

And going back a few pages why can't those twits in Pune be as belligerent over our managetial position and promotion abitions as they are over outgoing transfer fees.

Give it a rest Shaun, surely you see it's not about Bowyer, it's gone way beyond that, start spitting venom at the owners, that's where the focus needs to be not on a pawn like Bowyer.

Yes I have a bee in my bonnet about him saying this and then signing a player WHO WAS RELEASED BY a french 3rd division side who were a bats nipple off going down to the 4th division. Its like signing someone from Bamber Bridge FC

We trial some players who are average but may have a bit of experience at this level, even take them on holiday then knock them back. Meanwhile two guys unheard of turn up and sign almost out of the blue. Maybe it's just down to who their agent is at the end of the day :blink:

Roughly translating his comments it comes across like we can't give these two lads deals because we're waiting on Kim to get permission, and we're going to have to replace Rhodes and Gestede (impossible task) if (once) the asking price is met... If that's the case then why take them on trial in the first place?

I think we all know what he means when he says "have the conversation"...

(Gaz) "How much do you want?"...

(Player) "£10,000 a week" ...

(Gaz) "I'll give you ten bob, some chicken and a reach-around"

My venom is aimed everywhere. And everywhere it is deserved. The man is becomming the midland Steve Kean

Rubbish.

Get some perspective, the Scottish drunk helped ruin the club whilst lining his own pockets, Bowyer is out of his depth but trying to work for the 3 stooges that can't work out if it's Monday or Saturday.

Completely different.

Nicko (for what its worth) is saying that Forrest want Jukewietcz as part of the deal for Lansbury... They are under embargo aren't they?

I do think this is interesting if true and viable for Forest. It would surely change the landscape on any sales of Rudy or Rhodes if it were to happen.

Do we fancy any Boro or Watford strikers that might take 10k p/w guys?

Rubbish.

Get some perspective, the Scottish drunk helped ruin the club whilst lining his own pockets, Bowyer is out of his depth but trying to work for the 3 stooges that can't work out if it's Monday or Saturday.

Completely different.

Some folk might have begun to wonder how honest Mr nice guy Gaz is.

Personally I've had my doubts about his and Shaw's dealings for quite sometime.

Unless of course someone else is involved in all the recruitment and sales ?

In that case he could resign, many an honest manager has.

• Backroom

Unless he's playing it down it really doesn't sound like they will sign although people at the game commented they looked dangerous throughout.

It begs the question why even bother playing them; one set up a goal the other scored a goal, seems like the game itself has no impact on any decisions.

Archived