BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Some folk might have begun to wonder how honest Mr nice guy Gaz is.

Personally I've had my doubts about his and Shaw's dealings for quite sometime.

Unless of course someone else is involved in all the recruitment and sales ?

In that case he could resign, many an honest manager has.

Again you're dealing with a pawn, we need the king and queen to win the game.

Aim higher WYR, Bowyer is a side show.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless he's playing it down it really doesn't sound like they will sign although people at the game commented they looked dangerous throughout.

It begs the question why even bother playing them; one set up a goal the other scored a goal, seems like the game itself has no impact on any decisions.

What I don't get is why play them with the youth team against non - league opposition ?

why not against Oldham tomorrow with the seniors ?

That may be the case, but it doesn't excuse him or Shaw if they are using the situation to their advantage.

They have been a bit too keen to sell our best players for my liking, given we can't spend a penny to buy replacements.

That may be the case, but it doesn't excuse him or Shaw if they are using the situation to their advantage.

They have been a bit too keen to sell our best players for my liking, given we can't spend a penny to buy replacements.

Bowyer was gutted at the Cairney sale, that's clear from his comments on the subject.

They've sold nobody else of note under Bowyers watch, so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Gorgon or noddingdog Robbers rob other robbers like drug dealers tax other drug dealers they can't exactly go to the law can they ????

? What have you been taking?

Does anyone still believe that Bowyer and Shaw didn't recommend the sale of Cairney ?

Me. Probably dictated by the owners and/or the bankers.

Guys can we please stay on topic, I know that emotions are running high today with what has been going on today,

Rhodes - a lot of disappointment internally that he went public with his views, believe that Gary and Shelfie will be responding within the next 24 hours (most likely via the LT). A good Middlesbrough contact saying that they will be back with one more offer, it will be a take it or leave it type offer. No point second guessing how Venky's will react as simply no one knows.

Kim move is on hold until they can get a decision on whether he will get a work permit, his agent has confirmed to me that although Rovers are in pole position to sign him there are some other Championship clubs interested.

As well as the trialists tonight there are a few more due next week. Gary also has a list of potential loan players from Premier League clubs should Rhodes/Rudy leave.

There is also a rumour (which I don't believe) doing the rounds that should Rovers sell both Rhodes and Rudy that Gary will walk and join Forest coaching staff.

I believe that using simple intuition I beat you to it Kamy. :tu:

But it could signal the end game for Venkys Stuart, I'd take that now pal, I really would.

The club will rise again, but not until they've crawled back up the rock from where they came.

What makes you say that gav?

Bowyer never sounds enthusiastic. The charisma of a cardboard cut-out.

A dark, dark day. Many knew these days were fast approaching, but accepting and preparing for them hasnt diminished the dread and doom. :(

Never mind all the inane comments to date, if he stays this season will be the acid test for GB.

Certainly looks like Bowyer is looking for more pace and power next season. Our squad is too pedestrian so that's a good strategy. Sema and Sarpong both have pace and power; koita has pace; peschi has muscle. Kim can run with the ball and take players on.

The squad has been 'pedestrian' for the whole of Bowyers tenure and now he has recognised that? The only player of genuine pace left as he got frustrated with little game time he got.

That kind of sums Bowyer up.

Bowyer Quote "But we have to try to make sure that whoever we bring in under the restrictions of the embargo can really make a difference to our first team. Thats the challenge."

Yes I have a bee in my bonnet about him saying this and then signing a player WHO WAS RELEASED BY a french 3rd division side who were a bats nipple off going down to the 4th division. Its like signing someone from Bamber Bridge FC

Then the pillock says he's nowhere near ready for this level and needs time. The mans a complete arse.

And going back a few pages why can't those twits in Pune be as belligerent over our managetial position and promotion abitions as they are over outgoing transfer fees.

The club stinks and two faced lying Bowyer is part of it.

Ever thought this could actually be good management ? Petshi seemed to get a fair amount of positive attention from fans (Bowyer sign him up etc). Depending who you talk to - he has looked good in pre-season. Could GB be just trying to take pressure of a player who will always be noticed because of his physique.

Some folk might have begun to wonder how honest Mr nice guy Gaz is.

Personally I've had my doubts about his and Shaw's dealings for quite sometime.

Unless of course someone else is involved in all the recruitment and sales ?

In that case he could resign, many an honest manager has.

He may well be on a small percentage of players sold fees as this happens in football if it's wrote in his contract hence why he keeps going on about increased player value this is quite common but must a very grey area for the authorities

In other words Bent so if this is the case it certainly is fill your flipping pockets gazza

2 famous managers who were on this game were Holloway and redknapp

Totally wrong if you ask me

Not quite sure how to feel. Surprised? Not really. Angry? Not sure who to be the most angry at.

The reason Rhodes is going is due to mistakes made 18 months to 2 years ago. The Kean era has led us into the embargo which has ultimately put any realistic chance of promotion to bed. No one person is to blame but everyone involved needs to have a long look in the mirror.

Can't blame Rhodes for wanting out but I'm a bit dissappointed that he didn't at least hold out for a prem team. Venkys will hold out for the money but it's all fairly meaningless now.

I just can't see us avoiding a relegation battle this season. May as well get back to dusting off the 95 season VHS tape.

Mg road passed this to greasy fat venky ...were winning em over Gav thinks your the king and big sis is the Queen

He has to be cautious about the trialists. He can't get their hopes up too much by saying they were outstanding and then decide we can't offer them a deal. We have to remember they were up against non league opposition, cant just give them a contract after that.

Seem like the type of players we need though and a decent background, particularly Sarpong.

He may well be on a small percentage of players sold fees as this happens in football if it's wrote in his contract hence why he keeps going on about increased player value this is quite common but must a very grey area for the authorities

In other words Bent so if this is the case it certainly is fill your flipping pockets gazza

2 famous managers who were on this game were Holloway and redknapp

Totally wrong if you ask me

Sorry - this is totally wrong to speculate in this way. You have absolutely no idea what Gazza's contract is - and yet then go on to infer that it is influencing the decisions he makes regarding sales. IMO this goes beyond speculation - you are effectively tarring the reputation of our manager without any evidence.

I will give him to see if he backs his radio lancs statement ... He knew what the crack was after the Ipswich match regarding sales . Fans knew . He's either confident beyond belief ,stupid or gullible .

Sorry - this is totally wrong to speculate in this way. You have absolutely no idea what Gazza's contract is - and yet then go on to infer that it is influencing the decisions he makes regarding sales. IMO this goes beyond speculation - you are effectively tarring the reputation of our manager without any evidence.

Rubbish I'm just speculating at why a manager may or not want to punt on such a player

You must know that quite a few managers do this

Why would you sell knowing you cannot replace

• Backroom

Seem like the type of players we need though and a decent background, particularly Sarpong.

Why was Sarpong released one year into a three year contract with Breda? Was he just not good enough or were there other issues? I'm assuming not good enough as he had a trial as Sheff Weds in Jan 13 and they chose not to sign him, but it's strange for a player to be terminated when they're not even half way through a contract.

Edit: Never mind, just found a dutch article which says he quit his contract voluntarily and apparently didn't want to play in the Netherlands any more.

Why was Sarpong released one year into a three year contract with Breda? Was he just not good enough or were there other issues? I'm assuming not good enough as he had a trial as Sheff Weds in Jan 13 and they chose not to sign him, but it's strange for a player to be terminated when they're not even half way through a contract.

He bought out his contract because he didn't want to play in the 2nd division in Holland.

He has to be cautious about the trialists. He can't get their hopes up too much by saying they were outstanding and then decide we can't offer them a deal. We have to remember they were up against non league opposition, cant just give them a contract after that.

Must admit that having just checked their backgrounds I was surprised to see they are both in their mid-20's - they looked a lot younger at Prenton Park or maybe I'm just getting old and everyone looks young!!! Both seem to have plenty of experience but, as you say, Bowyer needs to be cautious with decisions and much will depend on what other trialists he has lined up.

• Backroom

He bought out his contract because he didn't want to play in the 2nd division in Holland.

Better not give him any more than a one year contract then... don't think he'd fancy League One much either!

Better not give him any more than a one year contract then... don't think he'd fancy League One much either!

Him buying his contract out tells us one thing... He can't have been on that much so very low risk.

Archived