BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I think both Sema and Sarpong is better than alot of our current players. But you need to motivate them and give them games and confidence.

Him buying his contract out tells us one thing... He can't have been on that much so very low risk.

if only Best had did the same. The rat.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure how to feel. Surprised? Not really. Angry? Not sure who to be the most angry at.

The reason Rhodes is going is due to mistakes made 18 months to 2 years ago. The Kean era has led us into the embargo which has ultimately put any realistic chance of promotion to bed. No one person is to blame but everyone involved needs to have a long look in the mirror.

Can't blame Rhodes for wanting out but I'm a bit dissappointed that he didn't at least hold out for a prem team. Venkys will hold out for the money but it's all fairly meaningless now.

I just can't see us avoiding a relegation battle this season. May as well get back to dusting off the 95 season VHS tape.

The Kean era which is now getting passed off only as the Shebby Singh era in every article in that rag the LT these days.

I think both Sema and Sarpong is better than alot of our current players. But you need to motivate them and give them games and confidence.

if only Best had did the same. The rat.

If Sarpong had the extra naughts on his contract then he'd have done the same probably... Not that it makes it acceptable.

The Kean era which is now getting passed off only as the Shebby Singh era in every article in that rag the LT these days.

Isn't a good old re-writing of history brilliant?

Hardly surprising though as you can bet that Agnew, Bowyer and Shaw are still p1ssing in the same pot.

I have seen the odd article saying how well kean is doing obviously has a good agent doing his pr to keep his profile alive to try him get a role back in the UK, personally he doesn't even deserve a cheese roll

I don't know anything about Saprong BUT what I viewed today just seemed to remind a little bit of a young David Dunn, quick feet, eye for a pass, strong on he ball, can win a tackle and can score/lay on for a goal etc.

Bear in mind this was against a Conference side.

Bowyer was gutted at the Cairney sale, that's clear from his comments on the subject.

They've sold nobody else of note under Bowyers watch, so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Gutted ? I really don't think so, probably on commission.

They also did their very best to sell Rhodes last season, but it seems they didn't get the approval of the owners first.

The squad has been 'pedestrian' for the whole of Bowyers tenure and now he has recognised that? The only player of genuine pace left as he got frustrated with little game time he got.

That kind of sums Bowyer up.

Well I'm sort of in agreement but rem King spent a lot of time injured and also that Rhodes's place in the team almost seemed sacrosanct for some reason. :glare:

Personally my two favoured strikers would have been Gestede and King with Gestede playing deeper of the two to either flick on balls to King to run on to or to play long balls down to Cairney / Marshall again to release King. With Rhodes as back up on the bench there wouldn't be many stronger and varied attacking partnerships in the Division.

He may well be on a small percentage of players sold fees as this happens in football if it's wrote in his contract hence why he keeps going on about increased player value this is quite common but must a very grey area for the authorities

In other words Bent so if this is the case it certainly is fill your flipping pockets gazza

2 famous managers who were on this game were Holloway and redknapp

Totally wrong if you ask me

And Souness

Pity we didn't put Hughes on a 20% commission for buying cheap and selling dear cos he might still be here. He and his tafia must have made BRFC close to £50m! Instead we didn't appear to lift a finger to keep him/them.

• Backroom

Well I'm sort of in agreement but rem King spent a lot of time injured and also that Rhodes's place in the team almost seemed sacrosanct for some reason. :glare:

Personally my two favoured strikers would have been Gestede and King with Gestede playing deeper of the two to either flick on balls to King to run on to or to play long balls down to Cairney / Marshall again to release King. With Rhodes as back up on the bench there wouldn't be many stronger and varied attacking partnerships in the Division.

Release King to do what, miss or get injured? The reason Rhodes was selected was because he stayed fit and scored goals. King had a couple of cup games where he was good in front of goal, but he's not been prolific at any point in his career. With the rest of the team failing to provide goals we needed somebody on the pitch alongside Rudy who could bang them in.

Release King to do what, miss or get injured? The reason Rhodes was selected was because he stayed fit and scored goals. King had a couple of cup games where he was good in front of goal, but he's not been prolific at any point in his career. With the rest of the team failing to provide goals we needed somebody on the pitch alongside Rudy who could bang them in.

I rather liked King on his own up top. It's where he plays for Norway. When he was selected with JR he was forced onto the wing and that limited his effectiveness imo. Anyway he's gone.

Oh and as far as JR staying fit.... when have you ever seen anyone pull a hamstring when walking or jogging?

A little confused here with all these trialists. Delfouneso, him I have seen playing. Swedish lad (was it Sema) was apparently one of the best performers yesterday. What is his position?

Sarpong is a winger, isn't he?

Nolan is nobody so he likely gets a deal.

Kim is an attacking midfielder who is likely to join if gets a work permit.

Am I missing someone?

Not saying I'd be comfortable with signing him but I went Blackpool away last season and he was probably their best player... For what it's worth.

Didn't we play Blackpool very early in the season ?

That would fit in with him going off the boil after a decent start.

Not saying I'd be comfortable with signing him but I went Blackpool away last season and he was probably their best player... For what it's worth.

If he's back up to Rhodes then a decent signing. If a replacement, dreadful signing.

A little confused here with all these trialists. Delfouneso, him I have seen playing. Swedish lad (was it Sema) was apparently one of the best performers yesterday. What is his position?

Am I missing someone?

We lost a lot of attacking players: Cairney, King, Gestede (going), Dunn, and Varney.

Kim to replace Cairney, Koita to replace King, Delfonsou to replace Varney, Sema or Sarpong to replace Dunn. Petchi has replaced Spearing.

Am I missing someone?

Nope...all seems about right. I believe we will keep one of Rudy or Rhodes and that we'll play a 451.

Kim and N.D will be good additions.

Archived