BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Yep it is nothing personal but I don't agree that relegation was inevitable, Sam would have had us midtable for a few seasons and now with this new TV deal coming in we could have built on that

It's not often I agree with you. Maybe even a first. But this is absolutely bang on the money. All they had to do was keep the status quo. I'm pretty sure even their £5m a year pledge would have been enough to keep us up. And now they'd be sitting on a gold mine. Never mind town / city status or crowd numbers. They shot themselves in the foot.

I believe they were led a merry dance by Anderson et al. And I believe they had good intentions of righting that wrong. But I think even they now realise the game is up.

But, despite the demographic agreeing with the points mani makes, I can't accept we are where we should be. If dear old uncle jack felt that way we'd never have those cherished memories.

That's the heartbreaking thing about rovers. We had two chances to establish ourselves in the big time. One, after we won the Pl and the other when this rabble marched in to town. Both times we blew it. Once for honourable reasons. The other because of greed and stupidity.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRFC most successfull town club ever Englands 10th most successfull club.......punching above our weight dream on fella

Yes - but this success was largely built on the generosity of two men. Ultimately attendances, catchment area etc will catch up with small town clubs in a game where big money dominates. We have never had a significant hard core of support - for a number of reasons the ambition of Jack was never really matched by the town - and for this reason it was always a struggle to maintain a Premiership position. Without doubt the Venky charade hastened our demise - and financially has made it considerably harder than it should have been. But it was always on the horizon - one bad managerial appointment, a few bad signings. At the very best we would have become a team bouncing between the divisions - but even that will get increasingly hard.

I can see the points trying to be made but nothing was inevitable... Are Crystal Palace bigger than us? They seem like they are establishing themselves in the premier league without spending a great deal. It's a well run club with a good manager, just like we used to be. It might have been a struggle at times but with the new tv deal, the prem is getting ever closer to a closed shop that they'd love it to be, and we were comfortably part of that.

From Today Sun on Sunday:-

"Blackburn's Scotland defender Grant Hanley is being touted in the 4 million bracket

Lancashire rivals Burnley like the centre half, 23, while Fulham and Norwich are also keen

But the high price demanded by Rovers owners Venkys is putting of any serious moves. "

From Today Sun on Sunday:-

"Blackburn's Scotland defender Grant Hanley is being touted in the 4 million bracket

Lancashire rivals Burnley like the centre half, 23, while Fulham and Norwich are also keen

But the high price demanded by Rovers owners Venkys is putting of any serious moves. "

Can anyone verify whether this is accurate or standard tabloid bs?

If they are hawking him about it sounds like a proper fire sale is going on.

Why don't they just hire an empty shop in the town centre displaying in the window pics of the players like an estate agents. Put up the details of price and what discount is available for cash and let's get them all sold. If you don't have players, you're not a football club, they can wind us up and be done with us. That's how bad it feels to be a rovers fan atm

TBH you would imagine that Hanley is one of the bigger wage earners. His career has somewhat faltered and could be replaced by someone like Henry. Definitely easier to replace than Gestede, Rhodes or Marshall.

This to me seems like anyone can go once a certain price is met and everyone is for sale. .The price may drop towards the end of the window.. Let's hope it's the beginning of the end of the venkys reign as other wise we have no hope

• Backroom

Chaddy chaddy chaddy

@reluctantnicko: WOLVES in for Craig Noone at Cardiff ... top wing target ... also active on Sam Gallagher ... and so are BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Happy birthday / christmas!

£4m for Hanley is dreamland. Really strange that Lowe is never linked anywhere. Maybe Bowyer has put his foot down and said 'not for sale at any price'. and come to an understanding with Nixon not to make up any rumours. ^_^

Sadly, such is the pace of the downgrade that the pair of them are fast becoming our best players.

Why don't they just hire an empty shop in the town centre displaying in the window pics of the players like an estate agents. Put up the details of price and what discount is available for cash and let's get them all sold. If you don't have players, you're not a football club, they can wind us up and be done with us. That's how bad it feels to be a rovers fan atm

They don't need to they have got Swiss Tony oops sorry Gaz doing it through his interviews etc and no doubt the little nobender will be working his magic behind the scenes with his rogue magic pen

Chaddy chaddy chaddy

@reluctantnicko: WOLVES in for Craig Noone at Cardiff ... top wing target ... also active on Sam Gallagher ... and so are BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Happy birthday / christmas!

Ha ha looks like he'll soon be sporting the gold and black

TBH you would imagine that Hanley is one of the bigger wage earners. His career has somewhat faltered and could be replaced by someone like Henry. Definitely easier to replace than Gestede, Rhodes or Marshall.

I agree with that. He's been villified on here every week for years! We can hardly complain if we can get rid!

£4m for Hanley is dreamland. Really strange that Lowe is never linked anywhere. Maybe Bowyer has put his foot down and said 'not for sale at any price'. and come to an understanding with Nixon not to make up any rumours. ^_^

Sadly, such is the pace of the downgrade that the pair of them are fast becoming our best players.

It is strange, Lowey is such a good player after all. Always gives it a right good go.

• Backroom

I just think he would good loan player for us.

I know mate, just thought you would be happy about us potentially being interested.

Wonder if we get trialists news in the next couple of days

From Alan Nixon

JORDAN RHODES. Has NOT asked Blackburn for a transfer. Both player and MIDDLESBROUGH waiting on news from Venkys.

What did Nixon have for breakfast ? It's a weird obsession you have with him .

Yep it is nothing personal but I don't agree that relegation was inevitable, Sam would have had us midtable for a few seasons and now with this new TV deal coming in we could have built on that

It's not often I agree with you. Maybe even a first. But this is absolutely bang on the money. All they had to do was keep the status quo. I'm pretty sure even their £5m a year pledge would have been enough to keep us up. And now they'd be sitting on a gold mine. Never mind town / city status or crowd numbers. They shot themselves in the foot.

I believe they were led a merry dance by Anderson et al. And I believe they had good intentions of righting that wrong. But I think even they now realise the game is up.

But, despite the demographic agreeing with the points mani makes, I can't accept we are where we should be. If dear old uncle jack felt that way we'd never have those cherished memories.

That's the heartbreaking thing about rovers. We had two chances to establish ourselves in the big time. One, after we won the Pl and the other when this rabble marched in to town. Both times we blew it. Once for honourable reasons. The other because of greed and stupidity.

2 of the best posts I've seen here in a long time.

Why would any business plan never have a 5 year forward vision?

We could have maintained PL status even under the W ankers (deliberate as it stands for a tense of keaners) by keeping Sam or similar.

Did no-one forward plan on TV uptake? FFS it was thriving in 2010 and the PL are a money making machine so whomever they sold the rights to year on year would always be on a massive up grade. Think for a momemt expotential.

I am sick and tired of hearing that Blackburn is a small towm, therefore small aspirations. We had the chance but 2 bunches of TcsUn blew it. The Trust and the Tangric or whatever that feckin dance was called era.

So now I will get back the s hite that is ''we are where we are'' - well we are not, we are Rovers and from this shi t fest I am sure we will re-emerge.

How I have no idea but we will. There are enough good people even on this MB to make it happen.

Archived