BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

My senior contact in Pune has told me that Steve Gibson has tried to make direct contact with Mrs Desai and has even offered to fly out to Pune to have face to face talks to try and sort out the Jordan Rhodes transfer. At the moment she has not returned his call, ha ha probably thinks it is someone trying to buy the club!

So it is a state of limbo at present, Rhodes is unhappy but for the moment it seems Venky's aren't prepared to talk about this any further.

Happy that we are being linked with Sam Gallagher, I haven't seen him play but he is very highly regarded by people whose judgement I trust.

Kamy is there any inkling that they may pot Bowyer and Shaw, that would be the best news since Kean

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Rhodes on a 4 year contract and was expensive so we should not rush it. We cant spend money anyway. Gestede was cheap and maybe a one season wonder. Get 6-8m and sell. Sell Hanley. Get Donei Henry in. That could be enough and also sort the embargo. Keep Marshall and Rhodes.

Unfortunately that won't sort the embargo even if it did would we start shopping a level above b and m.. Doubt it

Kamy is there any inkling that they may pot Bowyer and Shaw, that would be the best news since Kean

No indication that they will do that.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Gary, while I totally agree that the last season was a failure and most of it down to Gary no being able to take us forward into top 6. He is having to do a lot of fire fighting at present with little or no support from the executive board and owners who take an age to make decisions. He is having to deal with players who were happy to stay at Rovers but then the board started to tout them around as potentially being available for sale, which has unsettled these players when bids have come in and the owners have rejected them due to them not matching whatever Venky's valuation are. On top of that he is having to work the transfer market to find freebies/loans who can improve our squad which isn't an easy task. Honestly under these circumstances I think any manager would struggle, in fact most would walkaway.

So while I am still angry and disappointed at what happened last year and the fact that we didn't push into the top 6, I am cutting Gary some slack with what has been going on over the last 2 weeks, a lot of which he cannot control at present.

My senior contact in Pune has told me that Steve Gibson has tried to make direct contact with Mrs Desai and has even offered to fly out to Pune to have face to face talks to try and sort out the Jordan Rhodes transfer. At the moment she has not returned his call, ha ha probably thinks it is someone trying to buy the club!

So it is a state of limbo at present, Rhodes is unhappy but for the moment it seems Venky's aren't prepared to talk about this any further.

Happy that we are being linked with Sam Gallagher, I haven't seen him play but he is very highly regarded by people whose judgement I trust.

They don't talk to our manager and treat Rovers supporters as it we don't exist. Perhaps it's good that someone from outside now realises the frustration and difficulties of what we have to endure living with our owners.

Welcome to our world, Steve Gibson.

He is having to deal with players who were happy to stay at Rovers but then the board started to tout them around as potentially being available for sale, which has unsettled these players when bids have come in and the owners have rejected them due to them not matching whatever Venky's valuation are.

I think it's important to ask you to clarify, is this part from your inside track, or your opinion from interpreting events? The bit about players being happy to stay, then unsettled by being touted and now wanting out?

Yes I hear he has gone to pune to clean Madame's toilet, do the ironing, wash her feet, make her tea and be her footstool

Oh, well done! No, really, hats off to you. Very interesting and inciteful stuff.

No indication that they will do that.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Gary, while I totally agree that the last season was a failure and most of it down to Gary no being able to take us forward into top 6. He is having to do a lot of fire fighting at present with little or no support from the executive board and owners who take an age to make decisions. He is having to deal with players who were happy to stay at Rovers but then the board started to tout them around as potentially being available for sale, which has unsettled these players when bids have come in and the owners have rejected them due to them not matching whatever Venky's valuation are. On top of that he is having to work the transfer market to find freebies/loans who can improve our squad which isn't an easy task. Honestly under these circumstances I think any manager would struggle, in fact most would walkaway.

So while I am still angry and disappointed at what happened last year and the fact that we didn't push into the top 6, I am cutting Gary some slack with what has been going on over the last 2 weeks, a lot of which he cannot control at present.

Bowyer himself mentions player values in every interview too.

Never has a player got out of a contract citing miss management, if that was the case we would not have one player left the way GB and shelfy miss manages our beloved Rovers, and for what it's worth i think it hilarious that Gibson thinks he can persuade Madame to sell JR when no one else can even get in contact, she just does not answer to anyone, so come the wolves match JR may be starting for US., unless of course Bowyer starts to sulk and says he's injured so he can play Browny.

Surely, if a club make an offer and a player express a desire to leave then is it reasonable for that situation to continue until the end of a player's contract because a decision maker won't answer the phone. The key word here is reasonable combined with the terms of Rhodes contract.

Archived