BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked my friend who is a season ticket holder at Blackpool re ND and this is what he's said...

'As for the Fonz, all the skill in the world but he is lazy. Very frustrating player'

So if we could get him to sort his head out we may have a half decent player

Regarding agents, Maguire and Moyes were brought in by Shagnew to get Rhodes deal finalised after the deal was brokered by Singh .

This was certainly controversial at the time as , pieces of pie and fees were plenty . I'm pretty sure any deal to sell Rhodes now would see Rovers and Venkys have their pants pulled down again

Response to Darwen007. I remember him playing very well against us at bloomfield rd when Berg was here. Completely over powered young Adam Henley and I think he scored . ...

playing for Blackpool must have been a real trial at times over the last few seasons. I think he's better than what he's been showing and would take him

Response to Darwen007. I remember him playing very well against us at bloomfield rd when Berg was here. Completely over powered young Adam Henley and I think he scored . ...

playing for Blackpool must have been a real trial at times over the last few seasons. I think he's better than what he's been showing and would take him

Certainly fits the bill of Bowyer's criteria... Former youth international, lost his way in need of guidence... Would only take a chance if wages were low though.

Also, how tall is he? Duffy ran over when he scored and didn't look that much smaller than him and he must be 6,2 - 6,3

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/07/26/13899422/newcastle-announce-signing-of-mbemba-subject-to-work-permit?ICID=OP

Newcastle sign player subject to work permit... Why can't we do the same with Kim?

Not sure why Venkys are at fault here. A bid was made for Rhodes which they rejected and they probably consider that to be the end of the story. Why Steve Gibson thinks that he can talk them round to get a better deal for himself I don't know. He made an offer and it was rejected. Time to either make another offer or move on.

I wonder if Shaw has told Gibson to go direct to Venkys as it might improve the speed/chance of getting the deal done.

Rhodes hasn't asked for a transfer. He chose his words very carefully. He made it clear he wasn't happy at not being given the chance to speak to Middlesbrough but stopped short of saying that he wasn't happy at Rovers or wanted to leave. He can't lose.

Asked my friend who is a season ticket holder at Blackpool re ND and this is what he's said...

'As for the Fonz, all the skill in the world but he is lazy. Very frustrating player'

So if we could get him to sort his head out we may have a half decent player

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2152408-nathan-delfouneso-from-future-england-star-to-football-mediocrity

seems he just lost his way and didn't realise the potential he had as a kid. The plus side is that at 24 he's still young enough to make a good career for himself. Let's hope it's with us because he doesn't appear lacking in ability.

Certainly fits the bill of Bowyer's criteria... Former youth international, lost his way in need of guidence... Would only take a chance if wages were low though.

Also, how tall is he? Duffy ran over when he scored and didn't look that much smaller than him and he must be 6,2 - 6,3

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/07/26/13899422/newcastle-announce-signing-of-mbemba-subject-to-work-permit?ICID=OP

Newcastle sign player subject to work permit... Why can't we do the same with Kim?

Or we could just do what QPR did last season with Sandro - sign him and play him all season without a permit.

Not sure why Venkys are at fault here. A bid was made for Rhodes which they rejected and they probably consider that to be the end of the story. Why Steve Gibson thinks that he can talk them round to get a better deal for himself I don't know. He made an offer and it was rejected. Time to either make another offer or move on.

I wonder if Shaw has told Gibson to go direct to Venkys as it might improve the speed/chance of getting the deal done.

Rhodes hasn't asked for a transfer. He chose his words very carefully. He made it clear he wasn't happy at not being given the chance to speak to Middlesbrough but stopped short of saying that he wasn't happy at Rovers or wanted to leave. He can't lose.

You've posted in defense of Venkys a few times on this JH.

The reason people are angry at Venkys is because they've been trying to sell our best player for 2yrs now, they're also trying to sell Gestede and possibly Hanley and Marshall, but certainly the 2 front men.

Its a side show I know, but how can this uncertainty help the coming campaign? how can it help Gary Bowyer? touting players for sale at the right price, we're not playing football manager 2010 here, this is our football club thats at stake.

They're dragging the club through the mud, taking the p1ss out of the fans that have bought season tickets and generally treating the club, its supporters and the footballing world in general with contempt.

That was my reading of it too

You've posted in defense of Venkys a few times on this JH.

The reason people are angry at Venkys is because they've been trying to sell our best player for 2yrs now, they're also trying to sell Gestede and possibly Hanley and Marshall, but certainly the 2 front men.

Its a side show I know, but how can this uncertainty help the coming campaign? how can it help Gary Bowyer? touting players for sale at the right price, we're not playing football manager 2010 here, this is our football club thats at stake.

They're dragging the club through the mud, taking the p1ss out of the fans that have bought season tickets and generally treating the club, its supporters and the footballing world in general with contempt.

Gav, I am convinced it is Shaw Shaw that is doing this, I have been told JR does not want to leave

This is exactly why the way they run the club doesn't work. You can't run a business when people can't get hold of you for decisions. Crazy that the decision maker at the club doesn't have a clue about football and also doesn't care about the club.

Spot on, this has caused so many problems through delays, poor communication and, above all, ignorance about running a football club.

People can scoff at Gibson all they want but he's bright enough to have worked out that Shaw is no more than a stooge and Desai is (mis)managing the show.

I am glad that people on here seem to have their eyes open regarding Bowyer's failings - particularly last season. His job will be tougher than ever this season and if he does keep us in mid table, that would be actually a bonus. On other sites, like FB, Bowyer has an angelic status who many are in awe of, many deem him above criticism. To some, he is the only man on earth who could have possibly kept a squad with a 40+ strike partnership in the Championship. I don't agree and his mundane and quite gutless way of playing, constant tinkering and (although nothing compared to the bald one) his delusional comments - have riled me for some time. I know it's off topic but I'm glad I haven't imagined it.

Pedro spot on.

Not many managers have ended up going backwards with such a strike force.

I wonder why Gary thought it happened.......................I suspect he doesn't have a clue.

John Carver in disguise...............................huh where did thta sh@t perfromance come from.

Useless

No but I live in hope.

So Rhodes on 40k has to leave because we can't afford his wages? but Gestede, who will want 40k can stay?

You're a card Gordon, you really are :tu:

BRFC most successfull town club ever Englands 10th most successfull club.......punching above our weight dream on fella

Way way above our weight.

Forget ancient history the modern world began the minute they abolished the maximum wage in the early 60's. Since then we've been 2nd / 3rd div only and we only enjoyed the limelight because of one man. Heaven forbid that he had been born 10 miles east!!! Take the Fantasy Island Walker years away and we are just another Lancashire town team along the lines of Blackpool / Preston / Bolton / Burnley.

Corrected for you.

By the way, we did have the fan base - look at our average attendances in the Prem.

But only paying half price..... May as well have had half as many playing the going rate.

Venkys are trying to sell him Yoda, hasn't it been confirmed by Kamy? and Rhodes wants to leave because of this, hence his comments in the press.

I think :wacko:

Rhodes has said he wants to talk to Boro ....What Boro offer him maybe nowhere near what hes on here ..

Rhodes has said he wants to talk to Boro ....What Boro offer him maybe nowhere near what hes on here ..

Downings on a reported 35k

Rhodes will be on the same at the very least.

But it's irrelevant anyway,

Heard from a very good source that Rudy has said goodbyes to certain members of staff ( ones he doesn't see that often ) he really thinks he's on his way

You can imagine that, he's a bloody high opinion of himself that one even if a deal isn't done!

Archived