BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Heard from a very good source that Rudy has said goodbyes to certain members of staff ( ones he doesn't see that often ) he really thinks he's on his way

You can imagine that, he's a bloody high opinion of himself that one even if a deal isn't done!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So could someone please enlighten me as to how we 'can't afford' Rhodes on our income under FUP yet Middlesbrough can afford to buy him from us and presumably pay him at least what we are, yet still be FUP compliant?

And please lets not start pretending that Middlesbrough are some huge club with far greater income and potential than us. That is simply not the case, as their 15-17000 crowds last season, despite being top 4 throughout, will prove.

Its complete nonsense. It all comes down to what the owners of the club want to do. Steve Gibson is presumably willing and able to pay the money, and up to this stage so have Venkys.

For some untold reason the £20 million Middlesbrough lost last year doesn't count towards FUP calculations. Perhaps a statement from the League as to why not would be appropriate at this stage.

Heard from a very good source that Rudy has said goodbyes to certain members of staff ( ones he doesn't see that often ) he really thinks he's on his way

He has been moaning for so long that I honestly can say that I prefer him to go. Just keep Rhodes , Marshall , bring someone who would be happy to be here and if we sign Kim then we will be more than fine

So could someone please enlighten me as to how we 'can't afford' Rhodes on our income under FUP yet Middlesbrough can afford to buy him from us and presumably pay him at least what we are, yet still be FUP compliant?

And please lets not start pretending that Middlesbrough are some huge club with far greater income and potential than us. That is simply not the case, as their 15-17000 crowds last season, despite being top 4 throughout, will prove.

Its complete nonsense. It all comes down to what the owners of the club want to do. Steve Gibson is presumably willing and able to pay the money, and up to this stage so have Venkys.

For some untold reason the £20 million Middlesbrough lost last year doesn't count towards FUP calculations. Perhaps a statement from the League as to why not would be appropriate at this stage.

The trouble we have is that we don't have anyone at the club clued-up and honest enough to fight our corner.

Shaw won't draw attention to us while he can still bleed us for a few more quid.

• Backroom

Heard we were one of many clubs looking at Giorgios Samaras.

Anyone else heard the same?

Imagine he would be after a last pay day somewhere far away

Heard today from a friend who currently manages a League 1 team that Delfounso is an absolute

knob...so I'd be surprised now if we signed him!

Tbh the fact that he got through the door initially makes me worry about how desperate we are for players.

Usually a strictly no knob head policy!!

Heard today from a friend who currently manages a League 1 team that Delfounso is an absolute

knob...so I'd be surprised now if we signed him!

Tbh the fact that he got through the door initially makes me worry about how desperate we are for players.

Usually a strictly no knob head policy!!

Clough won the 1st Div title and two European Cups with players with personality flaws.

Tbh , I dont care if they are knobs , this or that.

What id do to have a Robbie Savage or a Diouf.

If they can play football and have a bit of attitude which they take into the game i'm all for that.

Its something rovers have been missing for a few seasons . All this nice lad, cracking family counts for nothing if we play like a bunch of scared kittens.

Under Bowyer especially , our team lacks steel and leaders.

I'm a fan of win at all cost , if thats ugly then fine. Its a results business!!

Of course i'd like to see fast flowing football, but come 5pm on a saturday i'd much rather be toasting 3 points rather than scratching my head that we've lost again.

Yoann Gourcuff is a free agent still without a club.

Also Abou Diaby is still a free agent.

Guy Demel strong defender available.

Ryan Taylor defender/midfelder.

Far too expensive

Barton still without a club. He'd be good. Perhaps too expensive though.

Archived