BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Tbh , I dont care if they are knobs , this or that.

What id do to have a Robbie Savage or a Diouf.

If they can play football and have a bit of attitude which they take into the game i'm all for that.

Its something rovers have been missing for a few seasons . All this nice lad, cracking family counts for nothing if we play like a bunch of scared kittens.

Under Bowyer especially , our team lacks steel and leaders.

I'm a fan of win at all cost , if thats ugly then fine. Its a results business!!

Of course i'd like to see fast flowing football, but come 5pm on a saturday i'd much rather be toasting 3 points rather than scratching my head that we've lost again.

Lets get Joey Barton, free agent.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sod that. I'd rather wash my balls in acid and dry them off with sandpaper.

If this club is potentially going to the wall, one of my last enduring images of it is NOT going to be Joey Barton scumbagging his way around the pitch in a Rovers shirt.

Looking at it from the outside Bowyer really seems to struggle with anyone with any kind of attitude. Workman like son in law types seem his preferred players.

Sod that. I'd rather wash my balls in acid and dry them off with sandpaper.

If this club is potentially going to the wall, one of my last enduring images of it is NOT going to be Joey Barton scumbagging his way around the pitch in a Rovers shirt.

Ability wise he's just what we need and I think someone like him in the middle would make a massive difference to our team. He's also a bit of a leader on the pitch but yes he is a cretin off it. Hates Burnley fans though and had regular spats with them on twitter .

Ability wise he's just what we need and I think someone like him in the middle would make a massive difference to our team. He's also a bit of a leader on the pitch but yes he is a cretin off it. Hates Burnley fans though and had regular spats with them on twitter .

Couldn't care less about any of that except the 'he is a cretin' part. Balls. Acid. Sandpaper.

Yoann Gourcuff is a free agent still without a club.

Also Abou Diaby is still a free agent.

Guy Demel strong defender available.

Ryan Taylor defender/midfelder.

Is Diaby not going WBA

Ryan Taylor good shout lost his way slightly definitely worth a go

Wages answers that

If they can play football and have a bit of attitude which they take into the game i'm all for that.

Its something rovers have been missing for a few seasons . All this nice lad, cracking family counts for nothing if we play like a bunch of scared kittens.

I'm a fan of win at all cost , if thats ugly then fine. Its a results business!!

Of course i'd like to see fast flowing football, but come 5pm on a saturday i'd much rather be toasting 3 points rather than scratching my head that we've lost again.

My sentiments exactly. We need winners, motivators and to be honest, a couple of no nonsense a***holes. Over the last 5 years we have ridden the squad of desire, opinion or experience. We are absolutely leader-less. That, more than anything (come match day) bugs the hell out of me. Too nice. Too accepting. And too easy to beat.

My sentiments exactly. We need winners, motivators and to be honest, a couple of no nonsense a***holes. Over the last 5 years we have ridden the squad of desire, opinion or experience. We are absolutely leader-less. That, more than anything (come match day) bugs the hell out of me. Too nice. Too accepting. And too easy to beat.

Absolutely Pedro, same goes for the fans to.

Ryan Taylor set to sign for Hull City. Around 15k a week

I'd of took him but hey its FFPs fault.. Er where have we heard that one before it'll be like a tired old record before long

In all honesty it's now more appropriate to hang on to our better players

I've said this all along. You need egos in professional sport and Bowyer has either got rid or avoided signing them since the beginning. I don't blame him - I'd do the same. If you're not a manager and your put in a position to manage, you need people who you can manage (so I'd probably ask the lads from 5-a-side if they fancy a run out), however ultimately you don't get results.

I think we're talking about different things here mate...

Nothing wrong with nasty players with a win at all costs mentality.

The issue they have are with divisive personalities. People like Orr and Best. No place for those types on any dressing room.

He's terrified of flair players and prefers robots but to be fair he's never had cash to bring in flair types apart from Marshall and he cost a million.. We had two and they've flogged one.

He's terrified of flair players and prefers robots but to be fair he's never had cash to bring in flair types apart from Marshall and he cost a million.. We had two and they've flogged one.

As others habe said I don't think Bowyer has a problem with a flair player as long as they are a quiet well adjusted person. Would sign a Beckham, Bale or Fabregas but could never handle a Cantona, Bellamy or Balotelli.

That's fine if you can find players who are both talented and well adjusted. But we have limited resources and have to make the most of what's available

Also leaders are more likely to be difficult big personality types (there are exceptions to that like Nelsen and Freidal but they are in the minority). Savage, Niall, Bellamy, Samba, Todd, Flitcroft, Sherwood etc were all pretty arrogant difficult people (as were Hughes, Souness and Allardyce), but they organised the people and demanded dedication from their team mates. They raised peoples performances.

We need people like that. I just think Bowyer feels he can't handle dissent. And he is right - every time it has happened he has responded by freezing players out.

The more I think about it the more signing Joey Barton could be a good idea, if of course he would take 10k a week.

If he takes 10k a week I'll eat my hat. At QPR he was probably on 50k+

Also he is an awkward bugger who has never really managed to be worth the effort. I'm all for a Savage, Diouf or Bellamy who give you grief but do make a big difference on the pitch, Barton on the other hand goes missing and while he is mouthy doesn't really inspire the people around him, indeed he sometimes seems to diminish their performances. He also has a really nasty habit of attacking his team mates and undermining the manager from the off, and does it very publicly in a way I've never seen anyone else do. He'd eat Bowyer alive.

I want us to sign some big characters but Barton is one to avoid.

It's not often I agree with you. Maybe even a first. But this is absolutely bang on the money. All they had to do was keep the status quo. I'm pretty sure even their £5m a year pledge would have been enough to keep us up. And now they'd be sitting on a gold mine. Never mind town / city status or crowd numbers. They shot themselves in the foot.

I believe they were led a merry dance by Anderson et al. And I believe they had good intentions of righting that wrong. But I think even they now realise the game is up.

But, despite the demographic agreeing with the points mani makes, I can't accept we are where we should be. If dear old uncle jack felt that way we'd never have those cherished memories.

That's the heartbreaking thing about rovers. We had two chances to establish ourselves in the big time. One, after we won the Pl and the other when this rabble marched in to town. Both times we blew it. Once for honourable reasons. The other because of greed and stupidity.

The game is not up if they had the grey matter to bring in some top football people. Manager on up.

Archived