BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

From Alan Nixon

JORDAN RHODES. Has NOT asked Blackburn for a transfer. Both player and MIDDLESBROUGH waiting on news from Venkys.

Nixon said that so what it really means is Rhodes faxed in his request and Shelfie still hasn't figured out hiw to work the fax.

Not really, who'd want to go to Wolves? :P

Really?City Club with good ambitious manager on the up or a sinking shambles.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully expect Rhodes and Rudy to leave and have done for a while but if Marsh goes that will be the final straw for me. Sell Hanley even, lad is replaceable but Marsh could be our most important player next season.

Hopefully he shows up more and is not forced to play fullback.

New players of the Savage / Barton type do come through from time to time, so perhaps we should be scouring the lower leagues for someone like Will Huighes of Derby County, who had two excellent games against us last season. Not that he'd be available at £10k per week, but someone in that mould from a lower league club might... Just a thought, and an alternative to looking at someone with considerable baggage such as Barton.

As others habe said I don't think Bowyer has a problem with a flair player as long as they are a quiet well adjusted person. Would sign a Beckham, Bale or Fabregas but could never handle a Cantona, Bellamy or Balotelli.

That's fine if you can find players who are both talented and well adjusted. But we have limited resources and have to make the most of what's available

Also leaders are more likely to be difficult big personality types (there are exceptions to that like Nelsen and Freidal but they are in the minority). Savage, Niall, Bellamy, Samba, Todd, Flitcroft, Sherwood etc were all pretty arrogant difficult people (as were Hughes, Souness and Allardyce), but they organised the people and demanded dedication from their team mates. They raised peoples performances.

We need people like that. I just think Bowyer feels he can't handle dissent. And he is right - every time it has happened he has responded by freezing players out.

You make a good point. Not sure a few of those would like to be referred to as 'difficult' ha ha...but I get your point about strong characters.

I can straighten this out for this thread though. Gaz and his team are not scared of big characters. Far from it, they actively look for leaders. Think of the staff they have in there. Think about the likes of Craig Short - honest, hard working, strong minded guy.

They had their fingers burnt by a lot of egotistical, money grabbing charlatans who were bought by the last regime and were work shy and divisive in the dressing room.

Todd, Flit, Sherwood and Bellamy were brilliant, hard working pros with strong work ethos. Samba was quiet and Savage a complete myth. More interested in the circus around him and getting the fans than the team plan.

I like the fact that all of our players are decent human beings. I'll never criticise that.

Venkys are trying to sell him Yoda, hasn't it been confirmed by Kamy? and Rhodes wants to leave because of this, hence his comments in the press.

I think :wacko:

If venkys are trying to sell him Gav then why is he still here? More to the point why aren't they at least speaking to Gibson to try and get a deal done? Venkys can't be that keen can they?

I'd suggest that some people at the club benefit more when there is a churn of players.

I'd love to know what their thought process is over the continued employment of Derek Shaw, I really would.

Uruguayan striker Christian Stuani to join Middlesbrough from Espanyol, hopefully ending interest in Rhodes.

Also Fabbrini to join for Watford. Sure they splash cash at the moment.

Also would love a loan move for Patrik Bamford

Uruguayan striker Christian Stuani to join Middlesbrough from Espanyol, hopefully ending interest in Rhodes.

Crystal Palace agreed with you about Bamford. Also - thought I had read something that Stuani was lined up before the Rhodes offer - so not certain their pursuit is over yet.

Bamford gone crystal palace

You make a good point. Not sure a few of those would like to be referred to as 'difficult' ha ha...but I get your point about strong characters.

I can straighten this out for this thread though. Gaz and his team are not scared of big characters. Far from it, they actively look for leaders. Think of the staff they have in there. Think about the likes of Craig Short - honest, hard working, strong minded guy.

They had their fingers burnt by a lot of egotistical, money grabbing charlatans who were bought by the last regime and were work shy and divisive in the dressing room.

Todd, Flit, Sherwood and Bellamy were brilliant, hard working pros with strong work ethos. Samba was quiet and Savage a complete myth. More interested in the circus around him and getting the fans than the team plan.

I like the fact that all of our players are decent human beings. I'll never criticise that.

If Bowyers team are actively looking for leaders why have they signed none in 3 years when we desperately lack experienced captain material?

Gestede, Conway, Cairney,Evans, Williamson, Spurr, Marshall, Kilgallion etc are decent and hard working and in some cases very talented. But none of them will impose themselves on the game, the opposition and their team mates like the Bellamys, Savages, Flitcroft etc.

While I want Rovers to employ decent people you don't get any extra points for being nice.

Bamford gone to Palace.

They still want Rhodes even tho they have signed Stuani. They had Vossen and Bamford last season but both have since left Boro when loan deals ended.

In Today's Sun is reporting that Southampton are ready to allow Sam Gallagher hold talks with us and Wolves about a loan move.

If one of the ITKs could try to get the inside scoop on why we haven't signed Sarpong or even kept him around for more than a few minutes, whilst ND gets an extended trial, I'd love to know.

I'm guessing it might be attitude related, or GB not wanting too many foreign/non-English speaking players arriving all at once (though I expect he speaks English after living in Holland all his life, they all seem to), since he seemed disinterested even after Sarpong played well and scored in the friendly. Which implies he'd already decided before the game.

Maic Sema would had improved us for sure. But Bowyer wants Kim more so hope that deal become reality.

Also expect some loanies. I wonder why Doneil Henry deal drags on? He would replace Baptiste.

Stuani was signing for boro ages before Rhodes thing came up

Stuani was signing for boro ages before Rhodes thing came up

Yes but he havent yet. Waiting for Rhodes to be or not.

• Moderation Lead

Cannot express how much I would love Boro to get to the Playoff Final and lose to a 90th minute handball goal.

Set of horrible, arrogant smug smoggy @#/?.

Archived