BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot express how much I would love Boro to get to the Playoff Final and lose to a 90th minute handball goal.

Set of horrible, arrogant smug smoggy @#/?.

I'd rather see them languish in mid table after pissing that money away... It's not the first time a team has spent money to go up only to struggle...

That is my preference!

Uruguayan striker Christian Stuani to join Middlesbrough from Espanyol, hopefully ending interest in Rhodes.

Also Fabbrini to join for Watford. Sure they splash cash at the moment.

Also would love a loan move for Patrik Bamford

You would think that having signed Downing for an estimated £5 million and now this Uruguayan chap that Middlesbrough would be all spent up. After all, FUP is designed to limit clubs spending and prevent clubs with wealthy owners from throwing unsustainable levels of money around in pursuit of success....

Oh wait a minute, that's just us. If you're Steve Gibson (local lad) and well liked by the people holding the power in this country then you are allowed to spend whatever you want if it helps achieve Premier League football. Net summer spend of about £20 million this summer if the Rhodes deal gets done. Not bad if other clubs are prohibited from spending.

Karanka has now been quoted in the media as saying that we should let Rhodes go following the comments he made last week. Since Karanka is such a brilliant manager I wonder if he could point us in the direction of a 20 goal a season striker to replace Rhodes with on a free transfer? On second thoughts, if he's such a good manager with such good contacts then why does he need to spend £12 million on one player?

Its a pity that somebody has well regarded in the game as Karanka still hasn't learnt the meaning of 'class'. It was obvious when we drew with them at their place last season when he was running around accusing us of cheating after Gestede scored in the last minute, then the home game when he couldn't cope with a 0-0 draw and now with these unprofessional comments in the media about another clubs' player.

My guess is that Boro have had a word with Jordan, probably via his uncle Steve, and encouraged him to make comments in the media thinking that it will help them get the transfer done faster/cheaper than if he kept quiet, but that despite these comments and Gibson's attempts to contact Mrs Desai it hasn't made any difference. Now Karanka is doing his bit to try and push the move through and is being shown up in the process as an unprofessional chump.

Some managers just don't know how to conduct themselves properly. Thankfully for his faults Bowyer does know how to conduct himself in an appropriate manner.

We have to fight to keep our best players. If the offer was £50 million there's no getting round the fact that we won't find a 20 goal a season striker on a free/loan. I hope people remember that if we sell the pair of them and are at the bottom of the division at Christmas.

Maic Sema would had improved us for sure. But Bowyer wants Kim more so hope that deal become reality.

Also expect some loanies. I wonder why Doneil Henry deal drags on? He would replace Baptiste.

Yes but he havent yet. Waiting for Rhodes to be or not.

New manager at West Ham and in the Uefa preliminaries, he probably wants to have a good look at the squad.

Maic Sema would had improved us for sure. But Bowyer wants Kim more so hope that deal become reality.Also expect some loanies. I wonder why Doneil Henry deal drags on? He would replace Baptiste.

Yes but he havent yet. Waiting for Rhodes to be or not.

They have been waiting for a work permit

You would think that having signed Downing for an estimated £5 million and now this Uruguayan chap that Middlesbrough would be all spent up. After all, FUP is designed to limit clubs spending and prevent clubs with wealthy owners from throwing unsustainable levels of money around in pursuit of success....

Oh wait a minute, that's just us. If you're Steve Gibson (local lad) and well liked by the people holding the power in this country then you are allowed to spend whatever you want if it helps achieve Premier League football. Net summer spend of about £20 million this summer if the Rhodes deal gets done. Not bad if other clubs are prohibited from spending.

Karanka has now been quoted in the media as saying that we should let Rhodes go following the comments he made last week. Since Karanka is such a brilliant manager I wonder if he could point us in the direction of a 20 goal a season striker to replace Rhodes with on a free transfer? On second thoughts, if he's such a good manager with such good contacts then why does he need to spend £12 million on one player?

Its a pity that somebody has well regarded in the game as Karanka still hasn't learnt the meaning of 'class'. It was obvious when we drew with them at their place last season when he was running around accusing us of cheating after Gestede scored in the last minute, then the home game when he couldn't cope with a 0-0 draw and now with these unprofessional comments in the media about another clubs' player.

My guess is that Boro have had a word with Jordan, probably via his uncle Steve, and encouraged him to make comments in the media thinking that it will help them get the transfer done faster/cheaper than if he kept quiet, but that despite these comments and Gibson's attempts to contact Mrs Desai it hasn't made any difference. Now Karanka is doing his bit to try and push the move through and is being shown up in the process as an unprofessional chump.

Some managers just don't know how to conduct themselves properly. Thankfully for his faults Bowyer does know how to conduct himself in an appropriate manner.

We have to fight to keep our best players. If the offer was £50 million there's no getting round the fact that we won't find a 20 goal a season striker on a free/loan. I hope people remember that if we sell the pair of them and are at the bottom of the division at Christmas.

Good post JH.... until the 50m comment.

Uruguayan striker Christian Stuani to join Middlesbrough from Espanyol, hopefully ending interest in Rhodes.

Also Fabbrini to join for Watford. Sure they splash cash at the moment.

Also would love a loan move for Patrik Bamford

For a guy in the know and sources at the club you seem to be really behind the football world...also was wrong with saying petshi been released

Although i appreciate the info that you do give

As others habe said I don't think Bowyer has a problem with a flair player as long as they are a quiet well adjusted person. Would sign a Beckham, Bale or Fabregas but could never handle a Cantona, Bellamy or Balotelli.

That's fine if you can find players who are both talented and well adjusted. But we have limited resources and have to make the most of what's available

Also leaders are more likely to be difficult big personality types (there are exceptions to that like Nelsen and Freidal but they are in the minority). Savage, Niall, Bellamy, Samba, Todd, Flitcroft, Sherwood etc were all pretty arrogant difficult people (as were Hughes, Souness and Allardyce), but they organised the people and demanded dedication from their team mates. They raised peoples performances.

We need people like that. I just think Bowyer feels he can't handle dissent. And he is right - every time it has happened he has responded by freezing players out.

I just think his in built over cautious nature steers him away from those flair/maverick on the pitch kind of players. Off it he doesn't come across as a discipliner or hard liner, just tells players what he expects of them and that's that. Easier to plod along with ones who toe the line rather than need bringing into line or kicking up the arse now and again. Sadly that usually applies the more decent players.

Agree on the strong personality types as like coco before him he'd find it intimidating having people who may take over in certain situations and have a big influence over other players. Another reason he prefers the more young and nieve lads but it can be hidden behind in terms of only recruiting ones who's value may increase. All rookie managers are probably similar when they start out but they should be able to handle it after 2 or 3 years.

Is Bowyer taking the pish with these trialists? Maybe its time we get in trialists who dont do well, maybe just maybe one of them strikes it lucky. I mean really now, Furman, Then these 2 did apparently well, but then told its cool, off you go.

Is Bowyer taking the pish with these trialists? Maybe its time we get in trialists who dont do well, maybe just maybe one of them strikes it lucky. I mean really now, Furman, Then these 2 did apparently well, but then told its cool, off you go.

These two did well against a Conference side - from those at the Accy match Furman didn't look anything special (even if he did score a good goal). Limited number of places in the squad - so Bowyer has to be very careful. For me he can have 20 trialists between now and the start of the season providing he eventually picks the right ones to keep.

These two did well against a Conference side - from those at the Accy match Furman didn't look anything special (even if he did score a good goal). Limited number of places in the squad - so Bowyer has to be very careful. For me he can have 20 trialists between now and the start of the season providing he eventually picks the right ones to keep.

well its time he closes out these deals. A few weeks to go before the season, and we are still giving guys trials. By now he should have sorted out the squad, and let them play together. Every season we have this issue, with squad not settled yet before the official season starts.

Come the season, then every week we have a different starting 11, why? Because Bowyer doesnt know who his best 11 is. You can see that by the amount of trialists he has had in recently, as he still isnt sure who he should take or let go.

That is a big problem with GB, he just isnt up to keeping a steady 11 week in and week out. Granted there are injuries, but you really have to know in the back of your mind, that those are my 11, and ill ask them to perform week in and week out or lose your place.

Everyone's favourite read the Daily Mail now saying that we are set to 'step up' our interest in Jeffery Sarpong following his performance at Tranmere on Friday.

Presumably their source is different to that of the Lancashire Telegraph, who this morning said that Sarpong had departed.

The lesson to learn is to never believe anything written in the Daily Mail.

Indeed. Well known fact that our fax doesn't work at weekends. :rolleyes:

Blimey. Are we still using the same fax machine as when Roy Keane popped down to Ewood to sign and no-one was in?

No wonder it doesn't work it must be well over 20 years old.

:o

• Backroom

Everyone's favourite read the Daily Mail now saying that we are set to 'step up' our interest in Jeffery Sarpong following his performance at Tranmere on Friday.

Presumably their source is different to that of the Lancashire Telegraph, who this morning said that Sarpong had departed.

The lesson to learn is to never believe anything written in the Daily Mail.

We may still be in neogitations with him even if his trial has ended. I certainly hope so.

Bowyer stating that Sarpong's definitely gone:

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13500456.Striker_Nathan_Delfouneso_to_be_handed_extended_trial_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

"Ghanaian winger Sarpong netted for Rovers in their 2-0 win at Tranmere Rovers on Friday night, in a game in which Swedish wide man Sema hit the crossbar.

Both had been on trial with Rovers but Bowyer has confirmed that the duo have now departed without being offered deals.

“We had a chat with them on Saturday morning,” he said. “Obviously our places are limited and I had to make a call on that. They’ve both been great lads but we’ve decided that we’re not going to push that any further."

Why did we even bother trialing Sema/Sarpong? They were given a half arsed look at, but Bowyer never intended to sign them at all by the sounds of things. If Delfouneso warranted an extended trial surely they should've? They showed that they had at least a little bit about them, and deserved another 45 mins or a few training sessions, no? Pointless.

Any further news on Kim's permit? Being a Rovers fan atm I'm expecting us to be shafted out of a deal due to yet another awfully written rule.

Archived