BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning, warning, sense of humour failure down on the South Coast.

I've no real views on this lad one way or the other. I wouldn't expect him to be up to much but that's probably the market we're in for the next 12 months. (At least) If he comes in and turns out to be a star, fine.

I will say though that the fact GB refers to certain players in such matey terms, indicates he is too close to or pally with the majority of them and that appears to have been reflected in performances on the pitch

Odd given his biggest influence (Brian Clough) who always referred to players by their full names... e.g. 'Edward' Sherringham.

Odd given his biggest influence (Brian Clough) who always referred to players by their full names... e.g. 'Edward' Sherringham.

It's come from his youth coaching days i think.

I've a couple of pals who were on our books when Gary was there coach and they always say he was loved by everyone, great spirit in the team but he was very pally with x,y,z and you just had to be in that click. Gary apparently always used mates names for everyone and this was one way of generating the atmosphere in the camp.

Allegedly he also has a good sense of humor and loves a joke. Down with the kids is our "GAZ"

It's come from his youth coaching days i think.

I've a couple of pals who were on our books when Gary was there coach and they always say he was loved by everyone, great spirit in the team but he was very pally with x,y,z and you just had to be in that click. Gary apparently always used mates names for everyone and this was one way of generating the atmosphere in the camp.

Allegedly he also has a good sense of humor and loves a joke. Down with the kids is our "GAZ"

I wonder how many players called Hughes 'sparky' or 'Hughesy'? Similar with Kenny, Souness, Woy or Big Sam. Once someone sits in a Manager's chair they have to remain apart from the players and encourage respect above and beyond anything else and especially above mateyness and cronyism. Maybe this is why so many promoted coaches fail to make good Managers?

I wonder how many players called Hughes 'sparky' or 'Hughesy'? Similar with Kenny, Souness, Woy or Big Sam. Once someone sits in a Manager's chair they have to remain apart from the players and encourage respect above and beyond anything else and especially above mateyness and cronyism. Maybe this is why so many promoted coaches fail to make good Managers?

I remember an article and a lad who at the time was still at Sheff Utd, later Fernavacos telling me the senior team upon hearing Gary Speed (RIP) had taken up the reigns at Bramall Lane. The squad replied with cutting his tie and suit up and leaving it outside the changing room door. A practical joke nonetheless but it showed not only at the time was he a respected captain of a youngish team who'd left the team to become management.

The players respected him and from then on he became Speedo to some to Gary. He was also a very good manager! Such a shame what happened to him but at the time it was a pretty good tale to be told.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33654992

Watford have signed the striker Berghuis...Villa have also agreed/signed Ayew too, options could be running out for Rudy.

I think you have made some very good point there.

Gestede could been running out of options now.

Villa have signed Ayew and wanted Adebayor now.

Watford have 4/5 strikers now so don't see where Gestede would fit in.

WBA still need a striker but I don't them coming in for Gestede.

He'll have to go round all the Staff at Ewood and say hello.

Well just imagine this scenario come the wolves game, neither Gestede or Rhodes have gone, we already have the frenchy from Marseilles, Kim signs, all last years crocks are fit, maybe a couple more additions, oh and fonzy, well that sounds like a half decent squad, Gaz to actually go for it, oops woken up. stranger things have happened. Football its a funny old game.

Well just imagine this scenario come the wolves game, neither Gestede or Rhodes have gone, we already have the frenchy from Marseilles, Kim signs, all last years crocks are fit, maybe a couple more additions, oh and fonzy, well that sounds like a half decent squad, Gaz to actually go for it, oops woken up. stranger things have happened. Football its a funny old game.

That scenario is actually very appealing... Dare to dream!

I would say that is exactly what is going to happen, the rest of the league cannot afford what the Venky's want just to consider picking up the phone, tough sh1t boro

ps

Buckshaw Rover beat me to it by seconds :)

And maybe Sofia Vergara wants to sit on my face.

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth...

I can't see either striker staying to be honest, yes we need to find buyers at the right price, but as we all know Premiership clubs leave it until the last minutes/hours of the window to get the best deals.

Both will go, think we just need to accept it, if they don't that's a bonus but it's only delaying the inevitable.

And maybe Sofia Vergara wants to sit on my face.

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth...

Hopefully that's a tongue in cheek reply - get it sit on your face, never mind you can dream as you say but do me a favour, if my scenario is correct send me thumbs up, if of course you are right i will do the same. by the way i would rather have Cheryl's tattooed arse on my face.

I can't see either striker staying to be honest, yes we need to find buyers at the right price, but as we all know Premiership clubs leave it until the last minutes/hours of the window to get the best deals.

Both will go, think we just need to accept it, if they don't that's a bonus but it's only delaying the inevitable.

What if they are here and come Christmas we are somehow near the top, that would mean they are scoring goals keeping their value, maybe even higher.

Hopefully that's a tongue in cheek reply - get it sit on your face, never mind you can dream as you say but do me a favour, if my scenario is correct send me thumbs up, if of course you are right i will do the same. by the way i would rather have Cheryl's tattooed arse on my face.

Always thought Cheryl Cole was overrated. I mean, objectively she is attractive but she has dead eyes and a smile as fake as her singing.

Always thought Cheryl Cole was overrated. I mean, objectively she is attractive but she has dead eyes and a smile as fake as her singing.

Neither of which you could see if she mounted your chops Toppers. I certainly wouldn't tell her that seat was taken because of her fake smile.

Sorry, this is getting a little graphic.

Don't understand villa splashing out 9 million on a player who has a poor goalscoring record, whose record is similar to Rhodes at international level rather than take a chance on an English player like Rhodes. (Yes, he is English)

What if they are here and come Christmas we are somehow near the top, that would mean they are scoring goals keeping their value, maybe even higher.

Fingers crossed on that one Pete!

Archived