BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

From today Sun newspaper,

Rovers will not be allowed to sign Southampton's Sam Gallagher on loan.

The Saints want a £300,000 loan fee for Gallagher. But Rovers are banned from paying for a player as punishment for breachinf FFP rules.

What about the sky bet transfer fund, plus £50k donation from the Telegraph?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From today Sun newspaper,

Rovers will not be allowed to sign Southampton's Sam Gallagher on loan.

The Saints want a £300,000 loan fee for Gallagher. But Rovers are banned from paying for a player as punishment for breachinf FFP rules.

They figure we are coming into some money so looking to get some of it. So to loan him would cost more than we paid for Gestede, give or take. Ridiculous.

Rovers have confirmed that an agreement has been reached with Bournemouth for compensation for Josh King, meaning the figure will not have to be set by a tribunal.

I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. I wonder whether Rovers have accepted Bournemouth's offer now to get the money in and avoid the lengthy process of arbitration?

Contrast with Danny Ings' move to Liverpool whereby Burnley could not agree a fee so that case is going to tribunal.

Rovers have confirmed that an agreement has been reached with Bournemouth for compensation for Josh King, meaning the figure will not have to be set by a tribunal.

I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. I wonder whether Rovers have accepted Bournemouth's offer now to get the money in and avoid the lengthy process of arbitration?

Contrast with Danny Ings' move to Liverpool whereby Burnley could not agree a fee so that case is going to tribunal.

Probably 20% for degsy and GB the rest to the venky's - but little do they know.

• Backroom

I wasn't expecting that much, quite pleased with that.

Rather quiet on the transfer front today, no news is good news at the moment though I suppose!

I wonder how this transfer window would be without our ffp restrictions. Would cairney, rhodes, gestede, king still have been lookin to leave, if they would have and we got what we was asking for them wpuld that money have been used for transfers or just as it is now go towards clearing some debt.

I wonder how this transfer window would be without our ffp restrictions. Would cairney, rhodes, gestede, king still have been lookin to leave, if they would have and we got what we was asking for them wpuld that money have been used for transfers or just as it is now go towards clearing some debt.

My guess is that Gestede would still be pushing to move to the Premier League, and that King would always have taken the Bournemouth deal regardless of our situation. Infact the embargo actually meant that King would have been a more regular player for us yet he still turned down the contract offer to leave. As for Cairney being sold off who knows, but his seemingly sudden and shock sale combined with the embargo I imagine has contributed to Rhodes' looking elsewhere. Its my belief that Cairney was treated shoddily with a deal being struck between the owners and Fulham out of the blue with nobody on the coaching staff knowing what was going on. Rhodes probably looked at the treatment his mate got in being sold to a rival and was unimpressed.

In terms of money available, if we brought in £20 million from Rhodes and Gestede I would expect the owners to back Bowyer with some of that for replacements, probably up to £5 million with the rest being used for running costs.

I don't subscribe to the theory that FUP is a means for Venkys to stop spending. Even after horrific losses for 3 years they have still allowed players to join and were backing Bowyer with cash for transfers last summer. Maybe they don't want to throw millions around but every transfer window up to last summer money has been available for players.

Its all speculation at this stage anyway.

Interesting that they refer to the £20 million loss, yet attempt to justify that by referring to 'community schemes' and the multi-million pound cost of running a Category 1 academy.

Two things that Rovers also spend quite heavily on. So the cost of the Academy down at Brockhall, the training ground, stadium investment and the Community Trust are exempt from FUP calculations.

Maybe that is worth noting when some are advocating closing these things down in an attempt to cut costs to meet FUP, as in theory it is irrelevant how much the club spends on those things.

The article also mentions the £2 million Middlesbrough spent on Adam Forshaw in January and the near £1 million cost of Jelle Vossen's loan deal, not to mention the Downing signing this summer. So despite trying their best to show where the money is coming from, a figure of £10 million+ for Rhodes simply isn't possible if FUP is being enforced properly.

Good article, thanks. This bit stood out to me :-

"During the credit boom years many unscrupulous profiteers took over clubs and borrowed heavily using them as collateral, pocketing the matchday and TV revenue and letting debts mount, debts they left behind when they bailed out with many later docked points after going into administration."

Danny Guthrie & Villla Winger Callum Robinson (loan) both latest players under the micro scope .....

I mentioned Guthrie earlier this summer, a passer and a right nasty so and so when the going gets touch which is perfect for us and what we lack.

Robinson was at PNE last year and scored a few, fast as lighting by all accounts.

Archived