BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Backroom

Would people take Stuart Holden? Currently without a club. I know the man has legs of glass BUT if we could keep him fit, he's prem quality and would tear this league apart imo. He's desperate to get back to football as well so shouldn't cost much. Worth a look in a pay as you play deal?

No his goal got Large Sam sacked

(And other influences maybe contributed)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would people take Stuart Holden? Currently without a club. I know the man has legs of glass BUT if we could keep him fit, he's prem quality and would tear this league apart imo. He's desperate to get back to football as well so shouldn't cost much. Worth a look in a pay as you play deal?

Too fragile, may no longer qualify for a work permit, with only being allowed a small squad we can't afford injury prone types.

Was a good player, but must be 3-4 years since he played a lot of games.

Guthrie is as good as we could hope for in this position I think.

Villa still after Gestede even tho they have signed 2 strikers. (from the Daily Mail)

Aston Villa are hoping to strike agreement with Blackburn Rovers on a £6million deal for Rudy Gestede.

Manager Tim Sherwood wants four strikers and, following the departure of Christian Benteke and Andreas Weimann this summer, has signed Jordan Ayew from Lorient and is advancing talks with Tottenham over a loan for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Gestede was outstanding for Blackburn last season scoring 22 goals in 44 games and was considered by West Brom, Hull, Crystal Palace and QPR in January.

He was discussed by Watford also this summer but they never came forward with a formal offer.

Blackburn value the Benin international at £8m but Villa hope they can reach a compromise and may allow some of their younger players to join Blackburn on loan as part of the deal.

Blackburn have already rejected a £12m offer from Middlesbrough for Jordan Rhodes and could yet dig in their heels.

maybe that's where the link to Callum Robinson has come from. he coming in on loan for the season.

also from the page that Brighton have offer 2.25 million pounds for Ben Marshall.

here the link to the article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3177246/Chelsea-interested-Galatasaray-defender-Alex-Telles-alternative-Abdul-Baba-Rahman-Aston-Villa-hope-sign-Blackburn-striker-Rudy-Gestede.html

10k a week is bloody good wage in this league, don't think many people realise this! Sick and tired of hearing this! If this wasn't the case then players like Kim bo Yung and Guthrie wouldn't waste their time here

Guthrie comes with a premiere league pedigree though and will be more used to prem league wages, not saying he wont come because as you say he wouldn't be here otherwise, I'm just saying it surprises me.

I'm a bit like you. I often know the name but haven't seen enough of them to have even the remotest clue about whether they could do a job for our current team,

Chaddy is an expert judge...if though he's only seen them on telly

Guthrie comes with a premiere league pedigree though and will be more used to prem league wages, not saying he wont come because as you say he wouldn't be here otherwise, I'm just saying it surprises me.

He's just been released by a bottom-end-of-the-table championship club. Offers from other clubs in our league may be in short supply so he may have to re-assess his expected salary levels.

Chaddy is an expert judge...if though he's only seen them on telly

we have been linked with Callum Robinson today. I haven't see him at all. the only thing I know about him is he has pace. that's only a comment made by pundit on BBC Radio Lancashire.

Yes. I would very much like to see this. Lots of talent and work ethic. Does have injury issues. I don't think he's done yet, though.

Too fragile, may no longer qualify for a work permit, with only being allowed a small squad we can't afford injury prone types.

Was a good player, but must be 3-4 years since he played a lot of games.

Guthrie is as good as we could hope for in this position I think.

I agree he's fragile, but on a pay as played deal he's worth the risk?

While an American now, I think he was born in Scotland so doesn't that give him some flexibility on getting a permit?

• Backroom

Jake Kean Hopfully off to Norwich City ... Frees up 1 more Place ...

Unleaded, I've not seen you posting much recently, just so you know your posts are really appreciated as you've proven to be spot on - on many occasions.

Thanks!

Good luck to Jake, strange how a good team might want a so called poor keeper B)

Wouldn't surprise me to see him do well down the line, think he has the talent, but his situation at Rovers is pretty much untenable. He had his chance, and sadly didn't take it.

• Backroom

Good luck to Jake, strange how a good team might want a so called poor keeper B)

Worst keeper I've seen at Ewood other than Fettis.

Remember he's been offered around everywhere and nobody has wanted him. Premier league teams often have lemons as their 4th choice keepers so I wouldn't read much into it.

Worst keeper I've seen at Ewood other than Fettis.

Remember he's been offered around everywhere and nobody has wanted him. Premier league teams often have lemons as their 4th choice keepers so I wouldn't read much into it.

Harsh, short memory in play there Tom he was good for half a season when the team was utter crap. Every bit as good as Eastwood but think things went to his head a bit and anyway his face didn't fit with the then new keeper coach. No point arguing though as he'd have had to go anyway because of his wages and that's why no one would take him on.

Archived