BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Really surprised Guthrie has turned up out of the blue. In many ways would be the perfect signing. Experience of promotion (Newcastle 2010), good alround player, passionate and committed, technically strong, scores from midfield, at 28 the right sort of age, desperately needs to restart his career. With his rapid fall from grace you do have to suspect their are mentality issues at play though.

He is exactly the sort of player that Bowyer hasnt signed before though - falls out with managers, in with a dodgy crowd off the pitch etc. Plus with his pedigree you have to suspect someone will offer more than we can.

If we sign Delfanueso, Kim, Koita and Guthrie within our restrictions that is a very successful window, beyond what I thought was possible to be honest. Still few goals there though.

If we can keep one of Rhodes/Gestede it will be great in our context. If not then I would be worried unless we unearth a scorer. Still not been linked to one as far as I can tell.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Paul Robinson up front, sticks his head in where it hurts, has scored a couple from long range and is decent from a free kick.

I know Robbo scored a goal before, but no need to change position ;)

Would people take Stuart Holden? Currently without a club. I know the man has legs of glass BUT if we could keep him fit, he's prem quality and would tear this league apart imo. He's desperate to get back to football as well so shouldn't cost much. Worth a look in a pay as you play deal?

Some pretty serious injuries he has had.

2005: Fractured eye socket in England

2010: Broken leg vs. Netherlands

2011: Fractured femoral condyle (broken leg/knee) vs. Manchester United

2011: Second surgery for cartilage after pin came loose in left knee

2013: Torn ACL, right knee (Gold Cup Final)

2014: Second torn ACL, right knee (Bolton)

Full story: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/stuart-holden-rehab-diary-soccer/If he could manage to stay healthy I'd love to take him.

The rules are rules but it's stupid if Kim's work permit is denied. He has been in England for few years now and mostly included in the team. The rules should be tighter for new comers. If Kim is now denied then the next cases shouldn't be even considered.

QPR of course is another case. They can do what ever they want.

Stuart Holden could be a real difference maker. Chris Brown is also feeling lonely after Dunny left.

Some pretty serious injuries he has had.

2005: Fractured eye socket in England

2010: Broken leg vs. Netherlands

2011: Fractured femoral condyle (broken leg/knee) vs. Manchester United

2011: Second surgery for cartilage after pin came loose in left knee

2013: Torn ACL, right knee (Gold Cup Final)

2014: Second torn ACL, right knee (Bolton)

Full story: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/stuart-holden-rehab-diary-soccer/If he could manage to stay healthy I'd love to take him.

That's some collection of injuries. Our injury record recently hasn't been great either.

Can't really take him on, if he somehow makes it to 5 apps, that's a squad place gone, in all likelihood he would be seriously injured again sooner rather than later.

Rover from Finland

The rules have been changed to limit the number of average non-Eu players. It is aimed at players like Kim who are nowhere near the top in their field. The Kim the Architect equivalent of Kim the footballer wouldn't get a work permit.

Personally I think it's a good rule change. Sometimes you have to see beyond short termism and club loyalties. It's a shame no similar ruling can be made over the average EU players too in order to give English players the chance.

My friend is a Villa fan and told me Robinson was praised on their fan sites by yesterday's performance.

Kozak netted twice. They already have Ayew, Agbonlahor and healthy Kozak. Adebayor will be confirmed later today. If even they wanted Rudy should he go? Can't see Rudy getting too many starts over there.

Rover from Finland

The rules have been changed to limit the number of average non-Eu players. It is aimed at players like Kim who are nowhere near the top in their field. The Kim the Architect equivalent of Kim the footballer wouldn't get a work permit.

Personally I think it's a good rule change. Sometimes you have to see beyond short termism and club loyalties. It's a shame no similar ruling can be made over the average EU players too in order to give English players the chance.

Yes, I do know the rules has changed. The country should be in top 50 by FIFA ranking and South Korea is now 52nd. He also doesn't lack much for international matches within two years. I think it was mentioned he should have been included few times more.

I do agree the rule has a good meaning. But he is already in the country and settled after living for 3 years or something like that. Maybe the rules should be seen tighter for those who are first comers in UK or EU? No need to argue on this but it's also cruel for the player.

its a bit daft, i mean even though Petshi came from the French league, he is hardly an international, well he is not a full international. Also playing in the 3rd tier, yet Kim has to wait for a work permit? Crazy. I know France being part of the European union or whatever, its easier to get one, but cmon now really?

It's the collective clubs fault in the end. They want a premium for English players but also want cheap players. So as they drive the price up for English players cheaper, and in a lot of cases poor, EU players are brought in. Hence we end up in the situation we are now where clubs would rather take a chance on released 3rd division players from other EU countries than give their own youth or English lower league players the same chance.

Then the clubs are the first to skrike when it's made harder for them to sign inferior non-eu players because of the above situation they have created.

It's not easier to get one. You just don't need one

well, something like that Mrs C.. just the level that Kim has been on compared to Petshi, and him having played in England before for a number of years, should at least guarantee him a permit.

Its scandalous. No other word for it. Though I expected that the authorities would find a way of preventing this deal going through as soon as we were linked with him. A good player available on a free transfer and willing to take the wages we can offer? Can't be having that now.

Why should it have any relevance whether South Korea are in the top 50 in the world or not? They are a modern, progressive and stable nation that as recently as 2002 hosted the World Cup and got to the semi finals. Its not as if he is from some complete backwater with dodgy political status and no footballing tradition.

Kim was able to get a work permit when joining Cardiff and again last season when joining Wigan. He's not applying for the first time. He's been based in the UK now for nearly 3 years and there have been no issues.

Once again it is the bureaucrats at the FA/FL making life hard work and restricting us as a club whilst others are able to go around doing what they want. Why should it make any difference how good the player is? If you've got an offer to work at a football club what difference does it make?

Never been any issues with Man City and Man United signing countless Brazilians, Argentinians, Chileans, Africans, most of whom had never played on these shores before, yet that's ok because they are in the Premier League? Double standards which makes a mockery of the concept of fairness.

And as for limiting the number of foreigners in the game, how many non-EU players have we had at the club in the last 3 years? Gestede, Etuhu, that's about it. So perhaps the FA should be targeting their measures and new rules at clubs where there is a recent history of lots of non-EU players being used at the expense of English players. Chelsea would be a good place to start. Can't see that happening though.

Looks to be alot happening at ewood atm according t contact also trying to free up places in squad...deadwood....giving promotion a real go this season....season starts next week.

Giving promotion a real go?

Looks to be alot happening at ewood atm according t contact also trying to free up places in squad...deadwood....giving promotion a real go this season....season starts next week.

A real go or a right good go? If its a right good go, your contact is clearly GB himself!

Let's wait until the end of the transfer window where we will find out whether it's relegation or promotion that we are aiming for!

Let's wait until the end of the transfer window where we will find out whether it's relegation or promotion that we are aiming for!

Er bowyer has already stated top 6 minimum and bonus if top 2 .

Let's not be moving his goalposts for him .its on record .

Er bowyer has already stated top 6 minimum and bonus if top 2 .

Let's not be moving his goalposts for him .its on record .

Here you go Abbey

I found this on audioboom

https://audioboom.com/boos/3143562-audio-blackburn-onerovers-3-ipswich-2-gary-bowyer

At 4mins 30 talking after the Ipswich game about next season

"We've just said there, erm, it really has to be us that are in the dressing room celebrating getting through to the playoffs, if not better"

My friend is a Villa fan and told me Robinson was praised on their fan sites by yesterday's performance.

Kozak netted twice. They already have Ayew, Agbonlahor and healthy Kozak. Adebayor will be confirmed later today. If even they wanted Rudy should he go? Can't see Rudy getting too many starts over there.

Prob what every agent wants to hear. Big wages and being saved for the last 20 mins if the game requires a more direct approach means little chance of a player getting injured.

When Bowyer talks about another championship team being ambitious, then forget about promotion for now. When Bowyer and Venkys sell our players to teams in the same division as us, rivals, then forget about promotion.

When we can't even argue why certain teams are spending when they shouldn't , and we have to scrape the barrel then forget about promotion.

When we have a clown as owners and a useless MD in charge, then don't expect to much or get excited.

The only saving grace for Bowyer, will be if the players he has at his disposal, somehow step up and drag us into the play offs

Lets be fair here, if neither Rudy or Jordan have left, and we get some of the players mentioned, which to be honest i never would have thought, we will have a dammed good squad, certainly capable of top six. One week to go and optimism - that cant be right can it. :blink:

Archived