BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets be fair here, if neither Rudy or Jordan have left, and we get some of the players mentioned, which to be honest i never would have thought, we will have a dammed good squad, certainly capable of top six. One week to go and optimism - that cant be right can it. :blink:

My comment has been misinterpreted slightly. I responded to Neophox and his 'aiming for promotion'line. My point is simple, forget promotion if Rhodes and Gestede leave then relegation is more likely!

I do think if we keep Gestede and add a few more players we could sneak a top 6 position.

Its scandalous. No other word for it. Though I expected that the authorities would find a way of preventing this deal going through as soon as we were linked with him. A good player available on a free transfer and willing to take the wages we can offer? Can't be having that now.

Why should it have any relevance whether South Korea are in the top 50 in the world or not? They are a modern, progressive and stable nation that as recently as 2002 hosted the World Cup and got to the semi finals. Its not as if he is from some complete backwater with dodgy political status and no footballing tradition.

Kim was able to get a work permit when joining Cardiff and again last season when joining Wigan. He's not applying for the first time. He's been based in the UK now for nearly 3 years and there have been no issues.

Once again it is the bureaucrats at the FA/FL making life hard work and restricting us as a club whilst others are able to go around doing what they want. Why should it make any difference how good the player is? If you've got an offer to work at a football club what difference does it make?

Never been any issues with Man City and Man United signing countless Brazilians, Argentinians, Chileans, Africans, most of whom had never played on these shores before, yet that's ok because they are in the Premier League? Double standards which makes a mockery of the concept of fairness.

And as for limiting the number of foreigners in the game, how many non-EU players have we had at the club in the last 3 years? Gestede, Etuhu, that's about it. So perhaps the FA should be targeting their measures and new rules at clubs where there is a recent history of lots of non-EU players being used at the expense of English players. Chelsea would be a good place to start. Can't see that happening though.

Maybe Robert Coar with his FA tie could put a word in for us. Oh hang on a minute

With 10 days to Wolves match, I think the result at that one may tell us quite a lot about the Season ahead.

Your right. Might even see a rude awakening at AFC Fylde next week. I wonder how many first teamers will be in that one.

With 10 days to Wolves match, I think the result at that one may tell us quite a lot about the Season ahead.

Was just thinking of this when people were talking of promotion... We could get absolutely tubbed off Wolves.

Imagine if we kept Rhodes and Rudy.

We'd have lost King and Cairney but potentially added, Guthrie, Kim, Doneil Henry and the french lads.

Would we not possibly be stronger?

I think we would. The one thing that knocks that back is Bowyer's inability to set the team out. I'm hearing all these things about Kim, but if Bowyer tells him to pass it sideways/ not attack anything, like our midfield have regularly done under him, he's likely to be another nobody.

Can imagine we're struggling at the start of season, with Gestede and Rhodes still playing? Bowyer would surely get the chop!

We'd have lost King and Cairney but potentially added, Guthrie, Kim, Doneil Henry and the french lads.

That's a fair point but it looks a long shot at the min. Either way though we'll still play the same way and if Hanley and Duffy are together in the centre of defence that cancels out any new strengths for me.

I think we probably would be a stronger team.

However, I expect the Kim transfer to be 'prevented' by the FA. Imagine if Chelsea decided they wanted him - would they be trying to stop Chelsea? Not a chance.

I'd be surprised if we signed Guthrie or if Bowyer was seriously looking at adding another central midfielder when we already have Evans-Lowe-Williamson-Petshi-Lenighan to play there.

Its imperative that we sort out the 'chuckle brothers' situation with Duffy and Hanley in central defence. Those two just don't work together. Kilgallon has to be starting and one needs dropping. Last night was another example of the problems we have when Duffy and Hanley are together.

We might be, the only problem being is that we haven't definitively managed to keep R +R yet, nor is there any guarantee Guthrie KIm and Henry will arrive either!

We wouldn't be stronger as Rhodes and Rudy do not want to be here. I'd imagine any performances will reflect that heavily.

Considering we can't sign anyone, we wouldn't be weaker?

I think we would. The one thing that knocks that back is Bowyer's inability to set the team out. I'm hearing all these things about Kim, but if Bowyer tells him to pass it sideways/ not attack anything, like our midfield have regularly done under him, he's likely to be another nobody.

What's Kim like at RB? Bowyer probably wants to sign him to play him there.

Can't see him signing Kim and Guthrie. He's probably trialing Guthrie in case the Kim thing doesn't come off. Who's would he drop for either of those though ? Get ready for Lowey the right back folks :wacko:

Archived