BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I don't think they would improve us one iota though.

Taking up valuable squad numbers if anything considering the loan market will be freeing up in the next week or two.

i see you point, surely Gaz would only want players he's aware of and believes can genuinely strengthen us...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it looks like Middlesbrough are on to Plan C then.

Plan A - send in a bid and hope that Venkys are desperate for the cash and accept the first offer - FAILED

Plan B - persuade the model professional Jordan to go making comments to an American sports network & hope that has the desired impact. Also get the disrespectful and unprofessional Karanka (who everyone raves about) to talk about him in his media interviews to add fuel to the fire. Attempts made by Gibson to contact Mrs Desai directly to talk her round - ALL FAILED

Plan C - dangle a couple of bench/squad players under Bowyer's nose as part of a part-exchange programme, hopeing that for a club under a transfer embargo the opportunity to sign a couple of okay players as part of the deal will be too good to resist. Bowyer heads over to Barnsley to have a look through the catalogue and see which ones he likes - IN PROGRSS

Middlesbrough being quite clever with this latest attempt, as Bowyer will no doubt fancy one or two of their players and probably be much more supportive of a sale of Rhodes for £9 million with the remaining difference topped up with players.

Also goes down a lot better with the Blackburn supporters who are desperate to see some half decent arrivals after a woeful summer.

Middlesbrough, if this plan works, get Rhodes for less than the £12 million sought and offload some players they clearly don't think will be featuring for them next season. Also in the process probably avoid an embargo when if they were to pay £12 million they wouldn't be able to get out of it.

Very clever. I hope Venkys stick to £12 million cash or nothing. Lets remember that these deals will be designed to suit Middlesbrough, not us. If they are offering us players it will be to reduce the cash payment for Rhodes and the players they are willing to get rid of will not be great.

Plan A - send in a bid and hope that Venkys are desperate for the cash and accept the first offer - FAILED

Plan B - persuade the model professional Jordan to go making comments to an American sports network & hope that has the desired impact. Also get the disrespectful and unprofessional Karanka (who everyone raves about) to talk about him in his media interviews to add fuel to the fire. Attempts made by Gibson to contact Mrs Desai directly to talk her round - ALL FAILED

Plan C - dangle a couple of bench/squad players under Bowyer's nose as part of a part-exchange programme, hopeing that for a club under a transfer embargo the opportunity to sign a couple of okay players as part of the deal will be too good to resist. Bowyer heads over to Barnsley to have a look through the catalogue and see which ones he likes - IN PROGRSS

Middlesbrough being quite clever with this latest attempt, as Bowyer will no doubt fancy one or two of their players and probably be much more supportive of a sale of Rhodes for £9 million with the remaining difference topped up with players.

Also goes down a lot better with the Blackburn supporters who are desperate to see some half decent arrivals after a woeful summer.

Middlesbrough, if this plan works, get Rhodes for less than the £12 million sought and offload some players they clearly don't think will be featuring for them next season. Also in the process probably avoid an embargo when if they were to pay £12 million they wouldn't be able to get out of it.

Very clever. I hope Venkys stick to £12 million cash or nothing. Lets remember that these deals will be designed to suit Middlesbrough, not us. If they are offering us players it will be to reduce the cash payment for Rhodes and the players they are willing to get rid of will not be great.

Where did you get £12 million in cash from ?

I suspect it will take significantly more just to play the message machine

Could be just as clever to get 12 million and a replacement for King...

Where did you get £12 million in cash from ?

I suspect it will take significantly more just to play the message machine

Just going off the rumours on the internet. £12 million is apparently the 'magic number' which will get Venkys to agree to a sale.

Personally I don't think Mrs Desai has any intention of selling at any price. Perhaps her conversation over the phone with Jordan might sway her if she listens to his pleas to realise his boyhood dream of playing for Middlesbrough, but I doubt it.

I think that every player at the club apart from Rhodes has a price. We saw that with Cairney and will also see it with Gestede if the money is right. But I think Rhodes is her special case and it will take a seismic shift to get her to back down and sell. She doesn't need the money so a couple of million extra quid she couldnt care less about.

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out. Maybe I'm wrong in my head but I'm actually enjoying watching her make life hard work for Boro and Rhodes, rather than just rolling over and letting them do what they want.

Could be just as clever to get 12 million and a replacement for King...

We won't get that though. I doubt very much that Boro have made it to £12 million guaranteed cash yet, and if they were to go that high wouldnt then throw in a player on top. If they are offering players then their cash offer will be well below £8 million and will be another trick to avoid trouble re. FUP.

Anyway, I thought Koita was our replacement for King?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33691770

Dunno if that link works or not. And before anyone gets on their high horse, I'm not suggesting any of the list would be applicable for us. It just made me laugh. The editor obviously said "we need ten out of contract players to write an article about". The poor journo got to nine and hit a dead end. Then, with minutes remaining before the deadline he chucks in Andy Wilkinson and hopes for the best.

Turns out there was one realistic name in that article after all. And we'll probably end up chucking him in minutes before the deadline too.

What a pisser.

I just wish Venkys, would just buggar off

Take Shaw , the rest of the board and Bowyer with then so we can have our club run with some normaility

One friendly left and then its all systems go as the season starts.

I know we think at times they cannot get any worse, but they dont disappoint and continue to show why we are one of the most disfunctional clubs in world football.

STABLE?????????

For gods sake, this club aint been stable in 5 years.

I cannot remember going into a season with so much uncertainty and unprepared.

We are nearly as bad as Blackpool were last summer.

Lots of players have gone, some quite rightfully so, whilst we have our key players on the verge of jumping the sinking ship.

We dont appear to have enough life boats!!

We have signed two no-bodies who better be better than what has left , whilst we are working 24/7 to bring in anything with 2 legs who we have the correct letters in the club shop to spell their names.

Venkys silent.

Myers Silent

Bowyer like a broken Record

Auditors gone

Under an embargo.

Accounts awful reading

Players telling media they want out because club incapable of going up

Getting seriously cheesed off with the whole circus

I just wish Venkys, would just buggar off

Take Shaw , the rest of the board and Bowyer with then so we can have our club run with some normaility

One friendly left and then its all systems go as the season starts.

I know we think at times they cannot get any worse, but they dont disappoint and continue to show why we are one of the most disfunctional clubs in world football.

STABLE?????????

For gods sake, this club aint been stable in 5 years.

I cannot remember going into a season with so much uncertainty and unprepared.

We are nearly as bad as Blackpool were last summer.

Lots of players have gone, some quite rightfully so, whilst we have our key players on the verge of jumping the sinking ship.

We dont appear to have enough life boats!!

We have signed two no-bodies who better be better than what has left , whilst we are working 24/7 to bring in anything with 2 legs who we have the correct letters in the club shop to spell their names.

Venkys silent.

Myers Silent

Bowyer like a broken Record

Auditors gone

Under an embargo.

Accounts awful reading

Players telling media they want out because club incapable of going up

Getting seriously cheesed off with the whole circus

Odd outburst considering the V's appear to be doing something right for once over Rhodes.

I've also been pleasantly surprised with some of the names we've been linked with considering we're under embargo.. Everything could change of course between now and the end of the window but I'd rather wait until then and see where we're at before reaching for the revolver.

not with me it wouldnt

Only bothered to watch half that vid but from what i saw he's half the player King is.

I watched the whole video, and think that's harsh (or overly generous to King...who I do rate, but still has plenty to prove). For one thing, he's definitely got a better shot on him, at least from distance. Seems pretty quick, hard-working, direct, and reasonably strong. Probably not as strong or fast as King, but does look like he has more in his locker in other areas. From the vid, I wouldn't be outraged if we signed him, though it is starting to look like we are collecting wingers again.

From Alan Nixon

VILLA. BLACKBURN. Gestede price may be dropping ... was 8 guaranteed ... now may be less ... so that could come on. #notsurewhyallthesame

Too many "may" s and "could" s to really be in the know information. Surely it would be Venky's will accept less than £8m - he is just guessing.

From Alan Nixon

VILLA. BLACKBURN. Gestede price may be dropping ... was 8 guaranteed ... now may be less ... so that could come on. #notsurewhyallthesame

So they speed up the Gestede deal and dig in with Rhodes hey? Wouldn't you just know it!!? Haha

9 mill in cash plus a few players means Hudds only get 20% of 1 mill profit right ? Also a couple of players as makeweights may have a future decent sell on value. This falls down though when you consider the final 2 mill instalment owed to Hudds and jjust how would a deal like that help our embargo. Unless of course they don't want to pay much to Hudds and DON'T really want to come out of embargo. It might have legs after all........

Sounds like Nixon has only just clocked that there is a Villa interest in Gestede, which had been doing the rounds for the last week or so.

Not sure myself why Villa would want or need him. They've already got Agbonlahor and Adebayor and seemingly have cash to burn after the Benteke sale. Why would our asking price suddenly drop if dealing with a club with loads of cash in the bank?

Odd outburst considering the V's appear to be doing something right for once over Rhodes.

I've also been pleasantly surprised with some of the names we've been linked with considering we're under embargo.. Everything could change of course between now and the end of the window but I'd rather wait until then and see where we're at before reaching for the revolver.

Give over Simon, you're old school and should be up in arms about the idiots ruining the club.

Venkys are doing nothing right, they're systematically ruining the club and the town, lets grow some balls and get rid of these idiots.

From Alan Nixon

With all due respect Chaddy, and I appreciate your efforts, but Nixon is an idiot, clueless, and has got nowt right since Allardyce and Agnew were tipping him the nod.

So why was Austin refused one?

Good question.

Most likely answer is that when Leeds want to spend a bit of money on a striker then that is acceptable to the 'panel' of anonymous individuals who make these decisions.

Ridiculous that in today's age of globalisation that citizens of former members of the British Empire are better placed to get work permits than Koreans for example.

Archived