BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

With all due respect Chaddy, and I appreciate your efforts, but Nixon is an idiot, clueless, and has got nowt right since Allardyce and Agnew were tipping him the nod.

To be fair to Chaddy I would rather read gossip than nothing. We all know the source is dodgy but it's something

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick Q - IF Rovers only sold Gestede before September and signed Kim, Guthrie, Delfounso and Henry would most still believe we had dealt badly in the market?

It would probably be the best summer anyone could have hoped for, although I would like a further striking option.

If we manage to keep Rhodes then lord knows what kind of attitude he will have. Delfouneso should be a bench player and not a first choice starter. Brown cannot be relied upon and it seems Koita isn't an out an out goalscorer. I would like someone to replace Gestede with physical presence.

As I said earlier though - Kim is looking unlikely, Guthrie has only just joined and we are well stocked in his position and Henry won't get in ahead of the chuckle brothers Duffy and Hanley so not really much point in that one unless we get an injury or two.

Quick Q - IF Rovers only sold Gestede before September and signed Kim, Guthrie, Delfounso and Henry would most still believe we had dealt badly in the market?

S

Quick Q - IF Rovers only sold Gestede before September and signed Kim, Guthrie, Delfounso and Henry would most still believe we had dealt badly in the market?[/quote

Ifs and buts ,

It don't matter if we sign Ronaldo ,

The fact remains another pre season where we are slow on the button.

Most teams will have a good idea who starts for them next Saturday , Rovers couldn't tell you who will be playing for us this Saturday .

You can't judge any signings until at least Christmas ,

At present they are just names , who have not signed , whilst Gestede is still here .

Be foolish to judge any player until he's played 20 games or so for us

Sounds ok but we'd still have lost a 20 goal target man and we still have a manager who would find a way of not sending out the best settled 11 every game. Anyway it just won't happen.

S

Quick Q - IF Rovers only sold Gestede before September and signed Kim, Guthrie, Delfounso and Henry would most still believe we had dealt badly in the market?[/quote

Ifs and buts ,

Most teams will have a good idea who starts for them next Saturday , Rovers couldn't tell you who will be playing for us this Saturday .

Hmm. I think signing Ronaldo would make it an ok window. I could settle for that.

Quick Q - IF Rovers only sold Gestede before September and signed Guthrie, Delfounso and Henry would most still believe we had dealt badly in the market?

Would be very decent window cos we at least keep 1 striker..

Glen, as for our starting 11 for the starting 11 I would we know around 8 players. Places up for grabs are the keeper, centre back and Striker.

Bowyer seems to want to play 4-2-3-1 formation this season. Based on the formations we have played all pre season we have mainly used this one. Looking like Marshall in the hole behind the main striker.

Would be very decent window cos we at least keep 1 striker..

Glen, as for our starting 11 for the starting 11 I would we know around 8 players. Places up for grabs are the keeper, centre back and Striker.

Bowyer seems to want to play 4-2-3-1 formation this season. Based on the formations we have played all pre season we have mainly used this one. Looking like Marshall in the hole behind the main striker.

You are doing well if you know 8, I don't think Bowyer could hand on heart name 5

Hmm. I think signing Ronaldo would make it an ok window. I could settle for that.

We'd probably get the Brazilian one

He's played that way because the 2 strikers have been left out. He'll go 442 even if we lose 1 or even both, your forgetting we still have Brown. He's probably been wrapped in cotton wool because he could be the main man this season.

S

Ifs and buts ,

You can't judge any signings until at least Christmas ,

At present they are just names , who have not signed , whilst Gestede is still here .

Be foolish to judge any player until he's played 20 games or so for us

Hate to say this mate but pleeeaaassseee snap out of this!!

The FACT is that there are many MANY clubs who are in huge amounts of debt and would kill to have the players that we have! Based on your own rationale we currently own arguably the best two strikers in the league. Of course we cannot pin our hats on promotion but the league is wide open. No one woulda expected Burnley or Bournmouth to have gone up in the last two seasons either...why don't you ask Preston or Bolton fans how awful it is to finish 9th in the Championship? They'd snatch your hand off. Why oh why are we sooooo deserving of PL football? I don't get it. JW put us in a fabulous but unnatural position at the top of the PL. but that wasn't real...it wasn't representative of the size and stature of our club either.

I want us to go up more than anything. But ultimately only three teams can. Venkys are useless but you can't honestly want them to walk right now? If so then you know as well as me that we won't be talking about Nathan Delfounso and Danny Guthrie. We'll likely be talking about loans from Radcliffe Borough if we even exist!!

Suck it up guys. There are lots of fans of other clubs who'd kill for our 'problems'. Not many have signings in place either tbf.

Let's wait until the end of the window before we start lynching people and spreading doom and gloom?

To be fair to Chaddy I would rather read gossip than nothing. We all know the source is dodgy but it's something

Hanging on the half-baked stories of Alan Nixon doesn't make any sense. If you like fairytales why not try reading the Tory manifesto ? At least half the promises have been broken already.

ame="glen9mullan" post="1555372" timestamp="1438206639"]

S

Hate to say this mate but pleeeaaassseee snap out of this!!

The FACT is that there are many MANY clubs who are in huge amounts of debt and would kill to have the players that we have! Based on your own rationale we currently own arguably the best two strikers in the league. Of course we cannot pin our hats on promotion but the league is wide open. No one woulda expected Burnley or Bournmouth to have gone up in the last two seasons either...why don't you ask Preston or Bolton fans how awful it is to finish 9th in the Championship? They'd snatch your hand off. Why oh why are we sooooo deserving of PL football? I don't get it. JW put us in a fabulous but unnatural position at the top of the PL. but that wasn't real...it wasn't representative of the size and stature of our club either.

I want us to go up more than anything. But ultimately only three teams can. Venkys are useless but you can't honestly want them to walk right now? If so then you know as well as me that we won't be talking about Nathan Delfounso and Danny Guthrie. We'll likely be talking about loans from Radcliffe Borough if we even exist!!

Suck it up guys. There are lots of fans of other clubs who'd kill for our 'problems'. Not many have signings in place either tbf.

Let's wait until the end of the window before we start lynching people and spreading doom and gloom?

Other clubs might want our players, but can't see anyone wanting our manager.

We're going nowhere under Bowyer even if we kept RUDY and Rhodes.

I have been Bowyers biggest critic. However, considering how he has handled an extremely difficult situation at Rovers; egos, Money, internal politics, FFP and budget cuts whilst keeping us competive and hardworking, my guess is that he is fast developing into a fine manager.

I just hope we don't all only realise it when he's gone.

I'll start counting my chickens on rhodes and gestede on September 1st.

Until that point it's impossible to say has it been a good window.

My only positive thought is that through the restrictions maybe GB has actually been made to think about how he builds a squad, rather than the seemingly hap-hazard way he's been going about it for the last couple of seasons (eg 4 senior goalies, 3 centre halves, 1/2 dozen defensive midfielders, 3 wingers).

Regarding Kim, can't say I know anything about him, but if he cant get a permit so be it, its not a conspiracy.

As we get closer to the end of the window then maybe the free agents, those not gonna get a first team game, and fringe / kids from PL teams might be more available to sign within budget.

It would be a great window in the circumstances - however Kim, Guthrie and Henry all look tricky to land plus the Rhodes saga has a loooooong way to go.

If he manages it I will buy him a pint.

Bowyer at Middleborough has to be about part exchange players surely? Too much of a coincidence.

I have been Bowyers biggest critic. However, considering how he has handled an extremely difficult situation at Rovers; egos, Money, internal politics, FFP and budget cuts whilst keeping us competive and hardworking, my guess is that he is fast developing into a fine manager.

Fine manager, funniest post of the day

Give over Simon, you're old school and should be up in arms about the idiots ruining the club.

Venkys are doing nothing right, they're systematically ruining the club and the town, lets grow some balls and get rid of these idiots.

a lot of big talk Gav but exactly how do the fans go about doing this?

Its been quite an introduction to management for Bowyer. I think he has handled it extremely well when many more experienced managers would have struggled to cope with the situation at this club, and other inexperienced managers would have buckled under the strain.

If he does go on to get another job in management after this one where his role is limited to being the manager working under a clued up chairman who can make decisions then I think he'll do very well. He's done a good job here despite having to virtually run the club on behalf of clueless and absent owners and a sham of a board of directors.

surely a joke :

Ego's - all gone and paid off for him

money - he's had more than most in this league

internal politics - looks like a free reign to me

FFP - he's managed for 2 unsuccessful seasons without it

Not to mention the unfathomable team selections and lack of in game subs to really go for 3 points .

stop bumming him up

Biggest critic ?? Come on Paul, your relationship with short has certainly in last 12 months clouded your opinion .

You spend most of your time now justifying everything they do, including Bowyer.

Not to get into a pissing competition but your 1% knowledge of the bigger picture is dilusional.

Many who frequent this board including myself were rovers fans long before jack walker came, saw hard times , but you cannot wipe away the past like it never happened.

Rovers were a well run club after Jack and sadly he missed our promotion , he missed our league cup win, but he left us a club to be proud of.

I always say it how it is , good or bad, Delfouneso? Give me a break , surely you are not pinning your hopes on him to score the goals to keep us up, or push for promotion?

yours are funnier, by 'funnier' i mean depressingly dull

By the way its fans like you, mani, etc that are part of the reason we are in this situation, accepting things as they are, I bet you didn't show any fight when we were going down the shitter, i showed some fight and now we are in the abyss, so carry on hanging on every word i say and pretend everything is rosy in the garden

I always say it how it is , good or bad, Delfouneso? Give me a break , surely you are not pinning your hopes on him to score the goals to keep us up, or push for promotion?

I thought you didn't judge a player until he'd played 20 games?

a lot of big talk Gav but exactly how do the fans go about doing this?

I've been reading your posts for a while now and I see/read nothing that deserves an intelligent response blueboy TBH.

But thanks for your interests in my thoughts.

Archived