BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

For at least 10 years Villa were a smaller Club than us. They now have a Manager that we could have appointed some time ago but had fallen foul of the Keano replacement syndrome.

NOW if Rudy goes it makes Jordan Rhodes on 40k per week seem totally illogical for a Club struggling so much. We need a clean break now and a fresh start with a team approach and the end of 'marque' signings. This is mainly down to Mrs Desai and her stubborn(non-football) streak.

SELL Jordan to Boro and get the King replacement as part of the deal(if Wilshutt will come)

And where do we get 40 goals a season from with a transfer kitty of £0?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we get someone coming the other way, even if just a season long loan. I don't want Delfouneso to be Gestede's replacement. Delfouneso should be Brown's replacement i.e. 3rd choice.

Can look at it both ways re. Rhodes. On the one hand he will be 'the man' again now Gestede is going and hopefully the team would be better set up to suit him and his style rather than aerial balls all the time. If it is correct Rhodes and Gestede weren't best buddies then Rhodes might be glad Rudy has cleared off.

On the other hand Rhodes might look at this sale as yet more evidence, along with King and Cairney, of the club becoming weaker and being happy to sell players, probably at the expense of promotion, and increase his attempts to move himself.

If Rhodes becomes the focal point of the teams play then he might just be a bit happier than he was at times last season !

And where do we get 40 goals a season from with a transfer kitty of £0?

Can you not read the tealeaves....it HAS to get worse before it gets better. No point scoring 40 goals if you concede 50 goals by a poor team shape and attitude.

I hope its not a warm day vs Wolves -Rhodesy will be even slower.

If he stays and gives it everything until January at least... Let's see where we are in the league... If it looks like Boro are the better option and they're still interested... Then fine... But why not wait and see.

Rhodes has to play in this league for at least another year anyway, why not with us.

And if Boro do gain promotion and we don't, I'm sure they'd still want to buy him next year!

Better scoring 40 and conceding 50 than scoring 10 and conceding 50.

If Rhodes follows Gestede out the exit door then we'll be battling it out in the bottom 3 next season. No team can afford to lose two players of such importance in one window.

Keep Rhodes, add a half decent replacement for Gestede, and the damage can be managed.

If he stays and gives it everything until January at least... Let's see where we are in the league... If it looks like Boro are the better option and they're still interested... Then fine... But why not wait and see.

Rhodes has to play in this league for at least another year anyway, why not with us.

And if Boro do gain promotion and we don't, I'm sure they'd still want to buy him next year!

Exactly. If Boro rate him highly enough then they will be able to come in next season if they are in the top flight and offer him a genuine step up. I would have no issue with that, as I have no issue with Gestede moving up a league.

But to sell him now to a team that we will be up against next season would be suicide.

Rudy fee not even 7m apparently. Callum Robinson to join on season long loan

Don't know much about Robinson so will reserve judgment.

If we get £6 million+, combined with £3 million+ for Cairney and £1 million_+ for King then that represents a £10 million net profit on incomings and outgoings this summer. A huge sum for a Championship club.

Surely then the embargo has to be lifted? Nobody else in this league has brought in such an amount in sales yet other than Hull.

Cool good luck to Dunn. I will be glad if we sell Rudy but take Tonev on loan

Villa fan here.

Trust me, you honestly don't want Tonev. He's absolutely useless.

Of all the candidates you could have for one of ours on loan, Robinson is easily the best. He's ten times the player Tonev is, already, and he's only a kid.

Perhaps he isn't interested or wasn't at the time... But football is changeable and you never know.

Does anyone know what GB was doing at Barnsley last night?

Perhaps he's been TOLD he's now interested ....

Someone putting it about that we want Husband plus 10 mill for Rhodes. Don't know if he was playing in the Barnsley match though.

Villa fan here.

Trust me, you honestly don't want Tonev. He's absolutely useless.

Of all the candidates you could have for one of ours on loan, Robinson is easily the best. He's ten times the player Tonev is, already, and he's only a kid.

We'll take option B then please :tu:

Callum Robinson look to be coming on loan.

Husband? Why this obsession with ex donny players?

well one ex Donny we wont be signing - Clarkson , May and Hammond just signed by Amazon Video despite a late bid by Middlesbrough

Well done Rudy proper move that

Has he gone defo? and to whom?

Rovers want 8m for Gestede but seems like they will get him around 6m straight + add ons and some loan signing.

A big big profit that should take us out of FFP and keep Rhodes.

So at last someone who understands FFP

Has he gone defo? and to whom?

If a bid has been accepted then terms will already be agreed. And he wont fail a medical.

Good move for Rudy, Berbatov and Adebayor will be throwing a paddy by Christmas and he can start banging them in. If buying Gestede for 250k and selling him for 6m+ doesn't get us out of FFP nothing ever will.

Well we've managed to reduce the wage bill and squad size significantly and have now 'cashed in' on at least two of our best players for almost £10 million.

If Shaw wants this embargo to continue he's going to have a job convincing people that we can't get out of it after the last few months of business.

Likewise the people at the League who enforce FUP are going to struggle to convince us that more cuts are required after this.

Perhaps he's been TOLD he's now interested ....

Someone putting it about that we want Husband plus 10 mill for Rhodes. Don't know if he was playing in the Barnsley match though.

Yes he did play in the Barsnley match. But why are we looking at a bloody left back. If there's one position that we're covered for, its LB. Unless GB sees Spurr as a CB, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

10mill plus Husband is rubbish. Should ask them for 10mill plus Leadbitter and see what they're made of. That would send those buggers scurrying off. Or maybe Adomah.

Cant say Im happy Gestede leaving but in two years his contract would expired. RHODES got 4 years left. No panic to sell.

Cant say Im happy Gestede leaving but in two years his contract would expired. RHODES got 4 years left. No panic to sell. 2 years older than Rhodes.

A 40 goal strikeforce though Joe. Bowyer has brought in more than 20 players pal! FFP hasn't always been a hinderance, he's brought in players without interference and seemingly for the sake of it without restriction until we were embargoed!

I still maintain that some of the players brought in were unnecessary, when we should have been prioritising centre mid! (And by centre mids I mean ones that go backwards or forwards, not following the rules of rugby!)

31 players in since he became manager . Now you can read many things into that statistical analysis.. .Who is profiting from bringing so many in

Rovers want 8m for Gestede but seems like they will get him around 6m straight + add ons and some loan signing.

A big big profit that should take us out of FFP and keep Rhodes.

Doubt that will take us out of FFP well not till next summer at least

£8m + 25% sell-on is a good deal. Could end up netting us 10m+ overall. Not bad for someone we signed for 200k 18 months ago.

He'll do well in the prem.

Did Cardiff not have a sell on clause? poor dealings on their part if not

Edit: Just checked and apparently not , ha ha happy days

Archived