BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rudy leant his lesson from the previous window, has kept quiet and has got his move. Believe that it is £6 million up front (£5 million now and a million in January). 4x £500,000 add on payments with the first one in June 2016. 25% sale on clause not sure if this is just on any profit or is a genuine 25% on any sale.

Good deal for Rovers, very sad to see him go.

Gary will certainly be flavour of the month with Mrs Desai as this is how she wants to club to run. Buy cheap players, develop them and sell at a profit.

Villa fan here.

Trust me, you honestly don't want Tonev. He's absolutely useless.

Of all the candidates you could have for one of ours on loan, Robinson is easily the best. He's ten times the player Tonev is, already, and he's only a kid.

i know that he has been pathetic for you , but he has been amazing for our national team. Plus i dont know how many rovers games you saw for the last few years but we dont have many players trying to score from distance. Actually all our midfieldrs scored like 10 goals for the last 2 seasons :D so i would like to take someone who i know that at least will try to score once or twice per game

Rudy leant his lesson from the previous window, has kept quiet and has got his move. Believe that it is £6 million up front (£5 million now and a million in January). 4x £500,000 add on payments with the first one in June 2016. 25% sale on clause not sure if this is just on any profit or is a genuine 25% on any sale.

Gary will certainly be flavour of the month with Mrs Desai as this is how she wants to club to run. Buy cheap players, develop them and sell at a profit.

So just what is in it for the fans as the standards on the pitch fall ?

i know that he has been pathetic for you , but he has been amazing for our national team. Plus i dont know how many rovers games you saw for the last few years but we dont have many players trying to score from distance. Actually all our midfieldrs scored like 10 goals for the last 2 seasons :D so i would like to take someone who i know that at least will try to score once or twice per game

Tonev certainly likes a shot from distance. The problem is they all - without fail - end up sailing 30 feet over the crossbar.

I don't know, maybe he'll be ok in the championship, but if it is a choice Robinson v Tonev, that to me - having seen pretty much every match the two have played - looks a no brainer.

Rovers want 8m for Gestede but seems like they will get him around 6m straight + add ons and some loan signing.

A big big profit that should take us out of FFP and keep Rhodes.

Yeah but aren't we told that Jordan no longer believes in the rest of the staff and the team at Rovers

• Moderation Lead

So just what is in it for the fans as the standards on the pitch fall ?

Supporting the club through thick and thin. Supporting Rovers has never been a bed of roses.

The sale on its own won't guarantee us out of FFP, as according to the text, we have to show a track record of being compliant or working towards compliancy in order to escape the embargo.

What it doesn't say is how long that track record must be maintained over, or even when the next review point is, makes you wonder if there just making it up as they go along..

Maybe there is some FFP hotline number we can call and say coooeeee were compliant now, can we spend some money now please?

Rudy fee not even 7m apparently. Callum Robinson to join on season long loan

If true very disappointing that imo.

If the fee was 8m, why not stick to it? Villa just got 40m for Benteke and Delph.

As for Robinson, can't for the life of me see why we need any more wingers with Conway, Marshall, Taylor and O Sullivan already on the books.

GB doesn't half like stockpiling goalkeepers and widemen.

Rovers want 8m for Gestede but seems like they will get him around 6m straight + add ons and some loan signing.A big big profit that should take us out of FFP and keep Rhodes.

No it won't, it will be a lot more than 6 million to take rovers out of ffp

Very much doubt we'll ever see any of the 500k add ons if they're appearance or performance related. The Villa physio could well be in for a busy season though.

If the fee was 8m, why not stick to it? Villa just got 40m for Benteke and Delph.

As for Robinson, can't for the life of me see why we need any more wingers with Conway, Marshall, Taylor and O Sullivan already on the books.

Did Robinson not play up front for Preston ?

If the add-ons are guaranteed - then we got £8m - just have to wait a little for it all - plus we get a sell on fee. Villa may have got £40m - but I doubt that was all up front.

sorry give me all the money, and to hell with a loan player and a knockdown price. Lets face it, if we had a decent scouting system right now, we could have found a decent loan, without the need to drop the price for Rudy. Are Villa paying Robinson's entire or whoever it is that they want to loan us, wages? Because if we are going to still pay their wages, while dropping the price for Rudy, then we really have dim wits in charge

And which one of those has genuine pace, Simon? We've been crying out for pace for a couple of years, largely due to the almost continued absence of King (through injury etc).... Certainly we need strikers now, but we also need a bit of pace in our side to make us more effective on the break. Personally I also see Taylor as more of a central player anyway... very tenacious, gets through a lot of work and breaks into the box.

Very much doubt we'll ever see any of the 500k add ons if they're appearance or performance related. The Villa physio could well be in for a busy season though.

Apparently they are guaranteed add on's. It was just that Villa didn't want to pay the £8 million upfront, so this is the compromise. £5 million up front, £1 million in January. Then 4 x guaranteed £500,000 payments with the first one in June 2016.

Apparently they are guaranteed add on's. It was just that Villa didn't want to pay the £8 million upfront, so this is the compromise. £5 million up front, £1 million in January. Then 4 x guaranteed £500,000 payments with the first one in June 2016.

why have we agreed to this? When we didnt agree to Boro's request for x amount up front, and the rest in addons?

Interesting to hear Mercerman's take on this - did they not want all the money up front so they could cut and run ? :glare: Accepting add-ons over a period of time - though obviously no guarantee - doesn't seem the action of owners wanting to get out quickly.

Supporting the club through thick and thin. Supporting Rovers has never been a bed of roses.

Having signed Thirty one players in two seasons how many players does it take to build a successful football team in your world K-Hod.

I suppose it could be described as a good deal if it could then be re-invested in 3 or 4 promising and established heads, pushes the side on and gives Desai potentially more 'profits' (though the club is making enormous losses, go figure). However, in our current position it just continues to weaken the side.

We eventually leave embargo and what's left? It will then take a great effort just to get back to where we were in summer 2015, nevermind the holy grail of promotion.

Constantly selling your best players and replacing with poor quality will just lead to dimisihing returns. Smaller profit on players that come in to replace Gestede et al, replace with a worse standard, even smaller profit replace with even worse standard.

AM I saying the club has much choice? Probably not whilst FUP is still enforced, but hey ho back slaps all round for being 'profitable'

The sale on its own won't guarantee us out of FFP, as according to the text, we have to show a track record of being compliant or working towards compliancy in order to escape the embargo.

What it doesn't say is how long that track record must be maintained over, or even when the next review point is, makes you wonder if there just making it up as they go along..

Maybe there is some FFP hotline number we can call and say coooeeee were compliant now, can we spend some money now please?

Surely the last three years MUST constitute working towards being complaint. If not, what does? Playing the U21s in every match??

That's not what I'd call 'add ons' - just payment by instalments.

Sad to see him go. 8 million is a decent price however so good luck to the lad. Wish it wasn't so, but when your struggling financially you either cut costs or sell something.

but to be fair to Rudy, this is a PL team coming in for him. Not a direct rival in the same division. So im not too fussed with this move, as that is chance for him at a higher level

Archived