BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Apparently they are guaranteed add on's. It was just that Villa didn't want to pay the £8 million upfront, so this is the compromise. £5 million up front, £1 million in January. Then 4 x guaranteed £500,000 payments with the first one in June 2016.

OK, thanks Kamy. Still think we should have insisted on the 8m upfront though.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the last three years MUST constitute working towards being complaint. If not, what does? Playing the U21s in every match??

That's not what I'd call 'add ons' - just payment by instalments.

so they bought Rudy with their credit card :D

Rudy leant his lesson from the previous window, has kept quiet and has got his move. Believe that it is £6 million up front (£5 million now and a million in January). 4x £500,000 add on payments with the first one in June 2016. 25% sale on clause not sure if this is just on any profit or is a genuine 25% on any sale.

Good deal for Rovers, very sad to see him go.

Gary will certainly be flavour of the month with Mrs Desai as this is how she wants to club to run. Buy cheap players, develop them and sell at a profit.

This is exactly what John Williams wanted of his managers also, just a pity Venkys have still got nothing else right, and thats cost them/us somewhere in the region of 100m so far.

Good luck to Gestede, i think he'll need it, as he's not quite Premeirship quality in my book, good header of the ball yes, but needs to improve his all round game.

Good old Sky Sports talking about Rhodes:

The former Dunfermline striker was reportedly unhappy at being denied the opportunity to speak with Aitor Karanka's side.

He's never played for bloody Dunfermline!!

The former Dunfermline striker was reportedly unhappy at being denied the opportunity to speak with Aitor Karanka's side.

His old man did didn't he?! Dear me, Ffs!!

It's probably been spread so they can use the Benteke Money as that was spread as well. Liverpool only paid half of it up front.

I'm sure you're right Ricky but we're not here for Aston Villa's benefit any more than we are for Boro's.

I suppose it could be described as a good deal if it could then be re-invested in 3 or 4 promising and established heads, pushes the side on and gives Desai potentially more 'profits' (though the club is making enormous losses, go figure). However, in our current position it just continues to weaken the side.

We eventually leave embargo and what's left? It will then take a great effort just to get back to where we were in summer 2015, nevermind the holy grail of promotion.

Constantly selling your best players and replacing with poor quality will just lead to dimisihing returns. Smaller profit on players that come in to replace Gestede et al, replace with a worse standard, even smaller profit replace with even worse standard.

AM I saying the club has much choice? Probably not whilst FUP is still enforced, but hey ho back slaps all round for being 'profitable'

I think Im with you on this one.

However, in circumstances such as this one, where a bigger club in a higher division is making a decent offer which represents a huge profit just 18 months after we signed him, combined with Gestede's clear determination to leave, then the outcome is decent for the club.

I don't think that we should simply aim to nurture players before selling them on at a profit. If that is the club's driving ambition then it will not end in success on the pitch and over time will see us slide down to league one. Proceeds from sales such as this really need to be reinvested into the playing squad to bring in good quality additions. Obviously our friends at the Football League aren't allowing us to do that, which is a shame as they claim to be wanting clubs to be sustainable yet aren't allowing us to invest in good young players to sell at a profit.

Bournemouth had the right idea - build a good squad and spend money, try to keep your best players, but if an offer comes from a bigger club and a player wants to leave, in their case Grabban last summer, then the next stage is to take the money and reinvest it into the squad to strengthen, and boy they did with the signing of Calum Wilson who fired them to promotion.

Simply reducing ourselves to some sort of farm for young players or players with untapped potential to come for 18 months to get them on the ladder before moving them on won't achieve football success.

The policy should be to do whatever possible to assemble as good a squad as possible to try and get promoted. Obviously investing in players of the right age does ensure that if the worst happens and they were to leave the financial rewards are very lucrative.

We should be looking to compete at the top end of this league. There is no reason why we can't. Reducing ourselves to a feeder club for the likes of Fulham and Middlesbrough will ensure continued decline.

At least with Villa and Gestede we can see the step up and the difficulty the club has in resisting such a move.

The owd hag will be a tad wet around the onion bhajis this morning.She will be drooling at the profit and be totally oblivious to the lack of fire power we have this season .

#VENKYSCUM OUT !!!

#SHAWOUT

#MYERSout

• Backroom

£8M is a lot to spend on a striker who's only had one good season, in the Championship. Rudy definitely has the ability to be a threat in the Prem, but it remains to be seen whether he has the attitude to succeed at the highest level.

Now, just a month to wait and see if Rhodes follows Gestede out the door.

Looks like their "research" involves looking on Wikipedia. They've used his dad's club!

The owd hag will be a tad wet around the onion bhajis this morning.She will be drooling at the profit and be totally oblivious to the lack of fire power we have this season .

#VENKYSCUM OUT !!!

#SHAWOUT

#MYERSout

Did you have to

:lol:

Having signed Thirty one players in two seasons how many players does it take to build a successful football team in your world K-Hod.

Are you going to give us a list of how many have left the club, JAL? Be nice to add a little bit of a balance to your argument.

Perhaps you can explain how many were loans, how many have been youngsters brought in for the future, and how many subsequently have moved either for profit or at no loss to the club other than paid wages whilst they were at the club i.e. Varney, Judge.

Just to put a bit of perspective to this - quick search on TransferMarkt... incoming players for the following clubs - last season and season before.

Bolton - 46

Sheff Wed - 39

Cardiff - 37

Boro - 36

Forest - 36

Fulham- 36

Brighton - 35

Derby - 33

Leeds - 29

And those were first time searches, not trawling through other clubs with loads less signings. The only club I found with fewer was Reading with about 22 or 23 I think.

#VENKYSCUM OUT !!!

#SHAWOUT

#MYERSout

You do have a charming turn of phrase on occasion. Couldn't help but laugh at that one.

I think we can cope with this if GB finds a way to play to Rhodes' strengths and play him in along the floor.

If he goes as well, you're right we're screwed.

Sky are great aren't they. They did a piece on home town rivalries with Gerrard and Rooney and described Rodney's move to Manchester and their cross-pennine battles. My GCSE geography a little hazy but I'm sure that the Pennines don't separate Manchester and Liverpool still in the north it's all the same isn't it.

and I've lost count of how many times the soccer Saturday cranks have referred to us as blackpool or visa versa. Sort of sounds the same in the same part of the world so it'll do.

• Moderation Lead

Having signed Thirty one players in two seasons how many players does it take to build a successful football team in your world K-Hod.

Eh? What on earth are you on about?

I criticised Bowyer's recruitment in this very thread earlier today! :rock:

You do have a charming turn of phrase on occasion. Couldn't help but laugh at that one.

I think we can cope with this if GB finds a way to play to Rhodes' strengths and play him in along the floor.

If he goes as well, you're right we're screwed.

Prince Charming is my middle name

He is going to a Premier League Club with:

- a bigger fanbase

- more chance of success

- more money (including for Rudy)

- more ambition.

Who can blame him? If Rhodes goes to Boro he will also be going to a bigger club and one with more ambition.

What have we got:

- Gary flippin Bowyer

- V's

- a crap executive "leadership" (sic) team

- a fractured and fast disappearing fanbase

We are lower level Championship/League 1 team with:

- no Rudy

- no money

- no hope

Accept it, turn up, clap, clap, and clap, and enjoy.

Archived