BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I'm not having that Boro are a bigger club than us, but the rest of your post is spot on :tu:

The fact that Rhodes wants to go shows what a dire situation we're in.

We've had far to many posters praising Venkys on here of late, wake up, they've destroyed the club, we want them out!

Loving the passion of your call to arms Gav. Sadly five years too late. The time for that was the moment they potted Allardyce and started talking out of their behinds about CL football, Beckham, Ronaldhinho, etc. How many clues did our fans need at that time that they were absolute fruitcakes?

Most of what has developed since his sacking was highly predictable. Especially the relegation bit, losing our better players and creating financial turmoil.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 million for Rudy is an absolute steal if you ask me, good luck to him he was always going to be off at some point this summer. Shame the way he went about it but it's worked for him in comparison to Rhodes who I think will be here for the first game of the season anyway. I'm sure we'll be seeing Rudy again soon with our tendency to get Villa in the cups!

£8m*

Loving the passion of your call to arms Gav. Sadly five years too late. The time for that was the moment they potted Allardyce and started talking out of their behinds about CL football, Beckham, Ronaldhinho, etc. How many clues did our fans need at that time that they were absolute fruitcakes?

Most of what has developed since his sacking was highly predictable. Especially the relegation bit, losing our better players and creating financial turmoil.

Thing that pisses me off is that they were told and better told- By Williams, Hunt, probably Finn and who's it, the fans... anyone who remotely cared for the club. But oh no, we know best. Now I genuinely think they regret their daft actions... Backed the wrong horse Venkys

I still remember the night Allardyce was sacked I immediately predicted relegation.... turns out I was 12months premature in my prediction.

Crass, negligent stupidity. Ruined football for me.

£8m*

Thing that pisses me off is that they were told and better told- By Williams, Hunt, probably Finn and who's it, the fans... anyone who remotely cared for the club. But oh no, we know best. Now I genuinely think they regret their daft actions... Backed the wrong horse Venkys

I still remember the night Allardyce was sacked I immediately predicted relegation.... turns out I was 12months premature in my prediction.

I thought we wanted 8 million but it's

being reported the fee agreed is 6 million?

£8m*

I wasn't Sam's biggest fan (that's his job after all) however, the writing was on the wall when he got binned.

I'm sure there's some, but working with Venkys can't be very high on anybodies wish list.

I'd disagree. Pre-embargo, Bowyer's had carte blanche on new signings, been able to keep his best players, and all he has to do is get in Madam's good graces and he's got a job for life. And should he end up getting the boot, old Degsy will sort him out with a nice little earner.

I wasn't Sam's biggest fan (that's his job after all) however, the writing was on the wall when he got binned.

My goodness I do hope West Ham fans are saying that exact sentence with a big BUT right at the end of it, followed swiftly by the biggest load of nonsense about playing the West Ham way as they slide into the Championship.

£8m*

As did I. However, people can make mistakes and after we were mightily let off the hook in 2011 after beating Wolves the owners had chance number 2.

Surely then, the owners should have thought, 'wow, bullet dodged there, we almost recklessly threw away a Premier League bonanza, now lets get serious'

But no, another full season of calamity Kean instead.

Then they had a final chance, pot Clown Shoe immediately after the Wigan game and try and heal a fractured club and fanbase, preventing a Kean inspired ST holder exodus in the process. Also, don't let a dingbat like Shebby Singh get his feet under the table either. Flunked

Then they had a final, final chance- Whilst we still had the capability to buy players and pay good wages, get a proven manager in and have a 'reet good go' at promotion, back to the now stratospheric PL cash cow. But no, we'll use Gaz instead.

5 years of complete ineptitude and I'm F*%&*$£ sick of it.

I'd disagree. Pre-embargo, Bowyer's had carte blanche on new signings, been able to keep his best players, and all he has to do is get in Madam's good graces and he's got a job for life. And should he end up getting the boot, old Degsy will sort him out with a nice little earner.

He has had to cut costs from day one of being in the job. With our wonderful owners changing their minds on transfer policy half way through his first full summer. Without question he has his shortfalls, but he has done this job with one hand tied behind his back.

Sadly, when the window is shut and we have sold off our best players, i think it will be Bowyer who will cop the abuse from the fans. And it shouldn't be him at all but those imbeciles in Pune.

First bit: Pure conjecture and most probably not true - has been peddled out by his critics but has he really had a blank chequebook? Has he hell. I actually wonder how many of the players he's brought in have been anywhere near his top targets.

Second Bit: I suspect he'd have sold at least one of his best players if he'd been left to his own devices - the other 'best players', he brought himself.

Third Bit: More conjecture and not really contributing to the debate.

As did I. However, people can make mistakes and after we were mightily let off the hook in 2011 after beating Wolves the owners had chance number 2.

Surely then, the owners should have thought, 'wow, bullet dodged there, we almost recklessly threw away a Premier League bonanza, now lets get serious'

But no, another full season of calamity Kean instead.

Then they had a final chance, pot Clown Shoe immediately after the Wigan game and try and heal a fractured club and fanbase, preventing a Kean inspired ST holder exodus in the process. Also, don't let a dingbat like Shebby Singh get his feet under the table either. Flunked

Then they had a final, final chance- Whilst we still had the capability to buy players and pay good wages, get a proven manager in and have a 'reet good go' at promotion, back to the now stratospheric PL cash cow. But no, we'll use Gaz instead.

5 years of complete ineptitude and I'm F*%&*$£ sick of it.

Agreed.

Can't see it getting any better any time soon.

Second Bit: I suspect he'd have sold at least one of his best players if he'd been left to his own devices - the other 'best players', he brought himself.

This would be my hunch as well. Never been convinced he was convinced by Rhodes, think he fancied the money to re-invest in other areas of the pitch.

We will never know but we probably would have been a stronger team had he been allowed to do this.

The strikers leaving isn't the worst news possible. For us to compete in this division, let alone get promoted, we don't need a striker that costs 40k a week. We need players that form a cohesive unit and most importantly we need to get out of this damn embargo. Towards that end, I don't mind selling the higher value players at all. Apart from Rudy and Rhodes there are no saleable assets that would command a decent fee. So, I would like us to do what Newcastle did when they went down. They tore up their team and started completely afresh and their wage bill looked all the more healthier. I know people think we will struggle to avoid relegation if sell our better players, but I personally don't feel that is the case. We will plod around lower end of the table, maybe but not get relegated. I think Bowyer knows this and is going for a revamp of the squad.

First bit: Pure conjecture and most probably not true - has been peddled out by his critics but has he really had a blank chequebook? Has he hell. I actually wonder how many of the players he's brought in have been anywhere near his top targets.

Third Bit: More conjecture and not really contributing to the debate.

What a crock. Bowyer's involvement in new signings has been "peddled out" by his BIGGEST SUPPORTERS. In fact it's Bowyer's ONLY success story. The single thing he has done right. He's even getting credit for the money made on

If he's not involved in transfers he needs to leave now!

Jeez!

All comes down to definition of a bigger club. More money? Bigger crowds? More potential to swell crowd figures etc?

IMO Boro have all of those over us - so unless we are speaking of past successes (which face it, means @#/? all), Boro probably are a bigger club than us now.

Yes you're right of course its down to definition, look the trophy cabinet, looks at the clubs fortunes over the past 40yrs, we're head and shoulders above Boro, its not just about crowds.

Boro have potential to be Premiership with 30k crowds, potentially they could go on a 20yr run like we did but I doubt it.

We're a bigger club than Boro in my opinion.

He has had to cut costs from day one of being in the job. With our wonderful owners changing their minds on transfer policy half way through his first full summer. Without question he has his shortfalls, but he has done this job with one hand tied behind his back.

Sadly, when the window is shut and we have sold off our best players, i think it will be Bowyer who will cop the abuse from the fans. And it shouldn't be him at all but those imbeciles in Pune.

In his first summer as manager, he was allowed to sign no less than TWELVE players despite the fact we still had plenty of high-earners on the books. If he had 'one hand tied behind his back' the owners would've told him that due to financial constraints, he cannot sign anyone until he gets rid of the deadwood.

In his first summer as manager, he was allowed to sign no less than TWELVE players despite the fact we still had plenty of high-earners on the books. If he had 'one hand tied behind his back' the owners would've told him that due to financial constraints, he cannot sign anyone until he gets rid of the deadwood.

That's exactly what was happening, he was signing freebies like Marrow, Judge and Taylor. Then the idiots in Pune decided to spend a couple of million with a few weeks of the window left.

This whilst selling/releasing around 6 big earners off our books.

Personally, Gav I want to know what - if any - alternative there is to Venky's at the moment. There was hardly a queue around the block last time we were sold and we are an infinitely worse position now than then.

Their is absolutely no way this football club will go to the wall, history shows that it quite simply doesn't happen to clubs like ours, so lets get rid of that first.

Whats happening to the club at the moment is its being mismanaged both in Pune and Blackburn, Shaw should be nowhere near the club, he's an amateur at best, the court case shows him to be incompetent and most importantly he was brought in to do nothing more than back up his mate Agnew in a power struggle against Singh, out of his depth, needs removing.

But to your original question, we had interest from local businessmen before Venkys ran up this disgusting amount of debt. If Venkys leave they'll be interested in taking the club on for £1 and trying to work out a plan to service the debt, its as simple as that.

If they don't come in someone else will, history shows us that.

I'd much rather roll that dice on new owners than sit here listening to people apologising for the owners, watch the club continue to be abused and dumbed down by people that simply don't care about its future, with Venkys we have no future, the debts rising by the day, to stick with Venkys is to support the very real possibility of the winding up of the club, debt can be serviced, but not at 150/200m.

Venkys out!

• Moderation Lead

Their is absolutely no way this football club will go to the wall, history shows that it quite simply doesn't happen to clubs like ours, so lets get rid of that first.

Whats happening to the club at the moment is its being mismanaged both in Pune and Blackburn, Shaw should be nowhere near the club, he's an amateur at best, the court case shows him to be incompetent and most importantly he was brought in to do nothing more than back up his mate Agnew in a power struggle against Singh, out of his depth, needs removing.

But to your original question, we had interest from local businessmen before Venkys ran up this disgusting amount of debt. If Venkys leave they'll be interested in taking the club on for £1 and trying to work out a plan to service the debt, its as simple as that.

I'd much rather roll that dice on new owners than sit here listening to people apologising for the owners, watch the club continue to be abused and dumbed down by people that simply don't care about its future, with Venkys we have no future, the debts rising by the day, to stick with Venkys is to support the very real possibility of the winding up of the club, debt can be serviced, but not at 150/200m.

Venkys out!

Your first and last statements are a bit contradictory there GAV!

Wasn't it the two Ians that said the club was currently unsaleable?

Though I have to admit, this current situation cannot continue, but even that being the case, we need to have someone with deep pockets to pick up the debts tomorrow if Venky's leave today.

Venkys out!

People will be falling over themselves to take us on. Spend £20 million and have a real chance to earn nearly £200 million in TV money is just too good a deal for people not to be interested.

Venkys out!

Spot on. I'd take a drop in divisions to get shut of this lots. Let's face it, we're going to have to drop down the divisions with them.

Archived