BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their is absolutely no way this football club will go to the wall, history shows that it quite simply doesn't happen to clubs like ours, so lets get rid of that first.

Rangers fans might just disagree with you on that one Gav. Possibly only united have a bigger fan base in Britain. The new club will make its way back to the Scottish Premier league no doubt but then again they didn't have to drop to the 9th tier of Scottish football(If there is such a thing) which is where we could end up.

Venkys got rovers at a steal.Brockhallis worth millions in suprised no one picked up on the cemetery that's developed nr there

The chances of that cemetery getting developed are about the same as venkys coming good. It would have no impact on the rovers anyway.

What a crock. Bowyer's involvement in new signings has been "peddled out" by his BIGGEST SUPPORTERS. In fact it's Bowyer's ONLY success story. The single thing he has done right. He's even getting credit for the money made on

If he's not involved in transfers he needs to leave now!

Jeez!

What's that got to do with anything? I'm of the belief that Bowyer has made the decisions on transfers - heck, i don't think anyone else in the club is capable of doing so. What I take issue with is the fact that some of his detractors make an accusation that he has basically been given a black chequebook and the license to sign anyone he wants. I don't think he has - how would you, Topman or anybody else have the slightest inkling of who was on Bowyers transfer hit-list?

Rangers fans might just disagree with you on that one Gav. Possibly only united have a bigger fan base in Britain. The new club will make its way back to the Scottish Premier league no doubt but then again they didn't have to drop to the 9th tier of Scottish football(If there is such a thing) which is where we could end up.

I think there are two factors that would guarantee Rovers survival if we went to the wall - An extremely wealthy individual willing to bankroll our revival (unlikely) or the public of Blackburn rallying around the club (even less likely)

Venkys got rovers at a steal.Brockhallis worth millions in suprised no one picked up on the cemetery that's developed nr there

There are covenents on the deeds for Brockhall preventing it being sold for housing deveoplment allegedly so it isn't worth what some might think. In any case it would only be a few million not tens of million so it's a mute point in the overall scheme of things imo.

I think there are two factors that would guarantee Rovers survival if we went to the wall - An extremely wealthy individual willing to bankroll our revival (unlikely) or the public of Blackburn rallying around the club (even less likely)

Sad but true. The majority of fans wouldn't crawl back out of the woodwork unless there was some success in the offing. 6k at home in the Cup v Premiership Swansea, 4th round sold out v Liverpool in the quarters.

The previous owners had extreme difficulty finding an owner for us when we were relatively successful in the Premiership, why would there be a queue of suitors for us now? I don't think either that anyone apart from ourselves would give two hoots if we went to the wall. We're not a national institution like Rangers are in Scotland or say Liverpool Arsenal or Manchester United here..

That's exactly what was happening, he was signing freebies like Marrow, Judge and Taylor. Then the idiots in Pune decided to spend a couple of million with a few weeks of the window left.

This whilst selling/releasing around 6 big earners off our books.

I really don't think pre embargo GB can have any complaints whatsoever. The owners have backed him to the hilt imo even to the point of letting him make a completely pointless loan signing at the tail end of last season in P. Taylor when a squad place got freed up.

He didn't have to waste money and make that signing, but he did.

Spot on. I'd take a drop in divisions to get shut of this lots. Let's face it, we're going to have to drop down the divisions with them.

And this the crux of the matter, the people wanting to stick with them are going to end up in the same position anyway, league 1 but with much more debt.

Sad but true. The majority of fans wouldn't crawl back out of the woodwork unless there was some success in the offing. 6k at home in the Cup v Premiership Swansea, 4th round sold out v Liverpool in the quarters.

The previous owners had extreme difficulty finding an owner for us when we were relatively successful in the Premiership, why would there be a queue of suitors for us now? I don't think either that anyone apart from ourselves would give two hoots if we went to the wall. We're not a national institution like Rangers are in Scotland or say Liverpool Arsenal or Manchester United here..

Agree with you there Rev. I would have pressed the Like tab but it didn't seem apt. The best we could hope for is a Newport/Wimbledon/Darlington type revival, long slow and painful.

It all would depend on the asking price for the shares in the club and the debt situation.

If, and its a big if, Venkys were to separate the club from the debt and let somebody else have the club for £20 million then there would be buyers out there. It might take time but we've seen a recent influx of foreign owners into the Championship as Premier League clubs become more difficult to purchase.

People would be interested because we are one promotion away from the profile and riches of the Premier League. Even one season there would wipe out the cost of buying the club.

This club has everything geared up for the top flight. The training ground and academy is already there, the modern stadium is already there, and the club has shown that with astute stewardship it could survive

As for the Walker Trust fund, well, the less said about them the better given that it was they who welcomed Venkys through the door with their advisors and sold Jack's legacy to them. Still keeping quiet with no apology for their actions I see.

Suffice to say that if the Walker Trust had been that desperate to find a buyer they could have reduced their asking price. There would have been more people interested in taking the club on and running it on a sensible and sustainable basis in the Premier League had they not wanted £20 million cash for Jack's shareholding and then passed on in excess of £20 million debts to the new owners.

Rangers are 2 seasons from the champions league, are now a club on the up again, having sold over 20000 season tickets so far.

They're a new company but the same club.

I disagree Chris, its not all about having deep pockets, its about having good business sense and a way forward when it comes to servicing any debt left by those idiots in Pune.

Look what Ken Bates did at Leeds, yes he was unpopular but he saved them.

We need to get away from this perverted fixation that only the people that have raped and pillaged this football club can save it, thats not the case and we need them out.

Apologies for going off topic.

It all would depend on the asking price for the shares in the club and the debt situation.

If, and its a big if, Venkys were to separate the club from the debt and let somebody else have the club for £20 million then there would be buyers out there. It might take time but we've seen a recent influx of foreign owners into the Championship as Premier League clubs become more difficult to purchase.

People would be interested because we are one promotion away from the profile and riches of the Premier League. Even one season there would wipe out the cost of buying the club.

This club has everything geared up for the top flight. The training ground and academy is already there, the modern stadium is already there, and the club has shown that with astute stewardship it could survive

As for the Walker Trust fund, well, the less said about them the better given that it was they who welcomed Venkys through the door with their advisors and sold Jack's legacy to them. Still keeping quiet with no apology for their actions I see.

Suffice to say that if the Walker Trust had been that desperate to find a buyer they could have reduced their asking price. There would have been more people interested in taking the club on and running it on a sensible and sustainable basis in the Premier League had they not wanted £20 million cash for Jack's shareholding and then passed on in excess of £20 million debts to the new owners.

Y

Your forgetting the assts on the books at the time of sale there. Sell 2 players I.e Jones and Samba and you had your purchase price back...as we found out !!!!

If I sell my car and 6 months later the new owner is doing 120 down the M6 without oil or water, running on illegal tyres, drink driving and bouncing it off trees...is that my fault?

Blaming the Trust is silly. They simply took a commercial decision. A very bad one in hindsight. Plod along with the old model and three years later they are making 40 million pure coin with the advent of the new TV deal. Who could possibly have expected respected billionaires would be so stupid? And have no-one around them with any common sense? And employ total chancers? And be happy losing 20 zillion per year. The model was in place and simply needed copying. And then improving. A million and one bad decisions later we are what we are.

(While typing Finns got Smith and Clarke).

• Backroom

Not sure what the 3rd bid was but supposedly they wont be giving up any time soon as he is top of their target list.

It's not a good day!

Archived