BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

One rule for the second division clubs and another for the Premier League clubs.

If Chelsea had wanted Kim he would have got a permit.

The Fa have the brass neck to claim these rules promote home grown players!

Did I here yesterday that "cockney wide boy " Greg Dyke is backing Michel Platini for FIFA president ?

The same Platini who was intrinsically linked to the Qatari world cup bid.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One rule for the second division clubs and another for the Premier League clubs.

If Chelsea had wanted Kim he would have got a permit.

The Fa have the brass neck to claim these rules promote home grown players!

OK then why not get a Prem club (Villa currently springs to mind) to sign him and then loan him to us?

Let's stop pretending that the Fifa rankings have any relevance. The only thing that is relevant are the views of a 'panel' of individuals working for the Fa who clearly have an agenda. That agenda is supposedly aimed at encouraging home grown players whilst granting work permits to people from the Congo who have never worked here before (if you're joining Newcastle for millions of pounds)

Howard Kendall's teams 1-0-ed it to promotion twice (nearly).

Blackpool hardly gained a point last year but nearly turned us over at Ewood because we couldn't defend. Embarrassing.

Fair point but in the first season at least we had a prolific "tart liner" in Andy Crawford as well as a mean defence. (Funny how his lack of an all round game didn't hinder our performance)

Also a trademark of teams who go down over the years is playing decent football but can't tuck the ball into the back of the net.

As a final point to date we haven't done anything to strengthen midfield or defence so on the face of it there's no obvious reason to suggest we'll concede less this season.

Let's stop pretending that the Fifa rankings have any relevance. The only thing that is relevant are the views of a 'panel' of individuals working for the Fa who clearly have an agenda. That agenda is supposedly aimed at encouraging home grown players whilst granting work permits to people from the Congo who have never worked here before (if you're joining Newcastle for millions of pounds)

Do you think we landed on the moon?

There is a new strict criteria that simply has to be met. Or permits are granted to young outstanding talent, paying 8 million for a young lad would suggest he has something about him. The point of the rule is to give young English lads a chance, like for example, John O'Sullivan. It's unfortunate that the timing has stopped us getting him as I like him but the underlying point of the new rules is to promote homegrown talent which can only be applauded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am! Plenty of black lads knocking about in the game but not many asians at all and I thought the FA and the Prem were actively looking to market and promote the game in Asia? After all it's where they are all gambling mad and gambling is virtually subbing the lot of clubs currently.

"black lads" :rock:

the majority of them being British or from eu countries(or at least holding an eu passport anyway)

Did I here yesterday that "cockney wide boy " Greg Dyke is backing Michel Platini for FIFA president ?

The same Platini who was intrinsically linked to the Qatari world cup bid.

Seb Coe would be my candidate

Do you think we landed on the moon?

There is a new strict criteria that simply has to be met. Or permits are granted to young outstanding talent, paying 8 million for a young lad would suggest he has something about him. The point of the rule is to give young English lads a chance, like for example, John O'Sullivan. It's unfortunate that the timing has stopped us getting him as I like him but the underlying point of the new rules is to promote homegrown talent which can only be applauded.

I don't trust anyone or anything about the authorities in football these days. FIFA-UEFA-FA-FL-PL - they all have the same convergent interests and after what has gone on at FIFA in the last few months I'd expect a few more to be suspicious of what goes on.

The rules don't promote home grown talent. They are a mechanism for preventing the likes of Rovers and other 2nd tier teams obtaining talented foreigners whilst the Premier League boys can cart on down the same route they have followed for the last 20 years.

I'm still struggling to understand why a Chilean should be allowed to play for Arsenal but a South Korean can't play for Rovers, just because one team is currently playing in a lower division than the other.

Good money for Gestede in normal circumstances,

I do think certain players form suffered from Gestedes inclusion as we became very one dimensional with him in team.

That being said, not being able to spend anything and another blow with Kim work permit, its been a bad day.

How this news affects the rest of the squad and impacts potential signing thought process I do not know.

We certainly all could do with some good news and a ray of hope

I'm still struggling to understand why a Chilean should be allowed to play for Arsenal but a South Korean can't play for Rovers, just because one team is currently playing in a lower division than the other.

You are struggling to understand why Alexis Sanchez can play for Arsenal? Ha ha ha

Good money for Gestede in normal circumstances,

I do think certain players form suffered from Gestedes inclusion as we became very one dimensional with him in team.

That being said, not being able to spend anything and another blow with Kim work permit, its been a bad day.

How this news affects the rest of the squad and impacts potential signing thought process I do not know.

We certainly all could do with some good news and a ray of hope

Here is the ray of hope

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-33710795

I don't trust anyone or anything about the authorities in football these days. FIFA-UEFA-FA-FL-PL - they all have the same convergent interests and after what has gone on at FIFA in the last few months I'd expect a few more to be suspicious of what goes on.

The rules don't promote home grown talent. They are a mechanism for preventing the likes of Rovers and other 2nd tier teams obtaining talented foreigners whilst the Premier League boys can cart on down the same route they have followed for the last 20 years.

It's the fact that Chile are 11th in the World Rankings and South Korea 52. It's probably the reason why the trialists that we have been bringing in are all from the EU with EU passports. But I must admit that 50 is an arbitrary figure, considering that a couple of meaningless international games can move you up or down the rankings quite quickly.

Who can blame him? If Rhodes goes to Boro he will also be going to a bigger club and one with more ambition.

A bigger club? On your bike. Respectfully, you should be a bit ashamed of saying that as a Rovers fan.

They have consistently had higher attendances than us , even during our Premiership winning season and with Gibson at the helm a lot more financial clout.

YEH! GO BORO! Oh no, wait...

1994/1995 Rovers average attendance: 26,653

1994/1995 Boro average attendance: 18.641

Something I find very strange...

Rhodes worth £12m but no premier league team wants him

Rudy worth £8m and wanted by a few premier league teams

I'm sorry but we needed to keep Rudy not Rhodes, he's the better player..

You should have thought about those numbers to figure out why it isn't strange. If Rhodes was available for 8 million, Premiership clubs would be all over him. If Rudy was for sale at 12 million, no Prem clubs would be coming near.

We're also better selling Rudy because he has done more willy waving in less time, and come next summer would be entering the final year of his contract, and be a year older at 27. We couldn't expect the same fee Rhodes will be worth in a season with three years still on his contract, aged 26.

Archived