BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are struggling to understand why Alexis Sanchez can play for Arsenal? Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are Villa allowed to sign Adebayor when Togo are ranked 83rd in the world? And to my knowledge he doesn't hold a French passport like Gestede. There hasn't been a single mention of a work permit being needed.

Different rules seem to apply if you are a sizeable premier league club.

For what it's worth I think it's a terrible situation that the likes of Austin and Kim who have lived here for a number of years, have families settled here and contributed hundreds of thousands in taxes to our economy now have to uproot to another country to earn a living.

One rule for the second division clubs and another for the Premier League clubs.

If Chelsea had wanted Kim he would have got a permit.

The Fa have the brass neck to claim these rules promote home grown players!

They need us smaller clubs to lean on and promote English players so that they eventually goes to, say city and warms the bench as one of their homegrown players while all the expensive import players play...

All comes down to definition of a bigger club. More money? Bigger crowds? More potential to swell crowd figures etc?

IMO Boro have all of those over us - so unless we are speaking of past successes (which face it, means @#/? all), Boro probably are a bigger club than us now.

Of course it doesn't mean @#/? all. It's the bloody POINT of football. Not having big crowds, but being successful.

Certainly don't remember any Manure fans saying 'well it's a bit of a shame that Chelsea won the league, but it doesn't really matter because we had far better attendances'.

Why are Villa allowed to sign Adebayor when Togo are ranked 83rd in the world? And to my knowledge he doesn't hold a French passport like Gestede. There hasn't been a single mention of a work permit being needed.

For what it's worth I think it's a terrible situation that the likes of Austin and Kim who have lived here for a number of years, have families settled here and contributed hundreds of thousands in taxes to our economy now have to uproot to another country to earn a living.

Pretty sure that if you have played here a number of years, think it's five, then you no longer have to apply for a work permit. Adebayor would fall into this category.

YEH! GO BORO! Oh no, wait...

1994/1995 Rovers average attendance: 26,653

1994/1995 Boro average attendance: 18.641

You should have thought about those numbers to figure out why it isn't strange. If Rhodes was available for 8 million, Premiership clubs would be all over him. If Rudy was for sale at 12 million, no Prem clubs would be coming near.

We're also better selling Rudy because he has done more willy waving in less time, and come next summer would be entering the final year of his contract, and be a year older at 27. We couldn't expect the same fee Rhodes will be worth in a season with three years still on his contract, aged 26.

I think the way the players get there goals come into this as well.

Rhodes has proved for the past 5 years he guarantees at championship level 20 goals+ which to a club getting out the championship may be perceived as being worth 12 million. However at premier league is seen as a risk as he may be seen as neither strong enough or quick enough to bring his game to that level.

Gestede ability to head the ball should translate to any level of the game. However he's only shown it over an 18 month period so is valued less.

there's also contract length, previous transfer fee's, age and the fact rhodes is home grown all to consider in rhodes value.

Pretty sure that if you have played here a number of years, think it's five, then you no longer have to apply for a work permit. Adebayor would fall into this category.

I wasn't aware of that. I just tried to check.

However I did find that a work permit will be granted when 'their employment will make a significant contribution to their sport at the highest level.'

In other words we will turn a blind eye if you are premier league!

1995 Rovers one of the richest clubs.

Winning Premier League

20 years later...

?

Or even only 8 years ago almost to the day we signed Santa Cruz to partner McCarthy up front, a year earlier we'd had Bellamy too, seems so long ago now. :(

Always good to know we've wasted more money and valuable time during a transfer window chasing a freebie attacking midfielder from Wigan we all knew wouldn't get a work permit.

Anything else we can @#/? some more cash and time on? Why don't we sign a fifth choice keeper?

Adebayor is only going on loan so surely his visa will be valid till the end of his deal? Both Austin and Kim are at the end of their deals so would require to apply again?

On a separate note I do agree with the new criteria in theory. Surely we want to give home grown youngsters a try as opposed to untested players, who have played little international football for lower ranking teams?

We should try getting james wilson from mufc on loan

The same Wilson that van Gaal has said will fight it out with Hernandez to be second choice striker?

Can't get too upset over the Korean lad - end of the day he'd manage to work his way down from the prem to League one..and then been released.

At least Guthrie only worked his way down from the prem to the championship before being released. Clearly a much better bet.

Wonder what impact Gestede leaving will have on Conway's assists? Conway has been a very consistent performer but lacks pace, becomes a conundrum if we want to add pace out wide.

It's going to make interesting viewing now, especially signings that PL teams make. If any of them sign a player from a non EU country, who hasn't played enough games etc, and are granted a work permit, then questions need to be asked. Unfortunately, we have morons in charge who will just accept things as they are.

I don't really want to get into this again, but it does continue to frustrate me that they have got out of this situation scot-free in the eyes of many supporters.

The Trust have to take a sizeable portion of the blame. They were GIVEN ownership of the club by Jack Walker on the basis they invested into it for as long as necessary and acted in its best long term interests. Never mind commercial decisions. That wasn't their role. Their role was to do what was best for the long term future of this club, even if that meant channelling the profits of their other interests into supporting it. Nobody, no fan or businessman genuinely concerned with this clubs long term interests would have sold the club to Venkys. Alarm bells were ringing far and wide BEFORE they sold when it was clear that an Indian poultry group advised by an agent was interested. Five minutes, probably less, in a room with Balaji and co. would have told anyone that these people perhaps weren't suitable long term custodians of Jack Walker's club.

But they brushed whatever concerns they had (if any) under the carpet and pushed ahead with a quick sale, cashing in £20 million for JACK's shares in the club and leaving the club still with the £20 million+ Barclays debt. They should only have sold the club if they were absolutely 110% convinced that it would be beneficial (to the CLUB, not THEMSELVES) in the long term. I have already suggested that even the briefest of meetings with Venkys and Anderson would have caused anyone to query the sale, but then lets remember that they were considering selling to Ahsan Ali Syed(fraudster who bankrupted Racing Santander) until he was exposed by Panorama.

And lets just remember here that they didn't own some black hole of a hopeless football club that couldn't make a go. They owned an established Premier League club, that already had all the staff, infrastructure etc. needed to continue as it was, reaping the benefits of John Williams and Sam Allardyce's good work and being a member of the richest league in the world, with the profits set to soar.

They treated the club as an unwanted hindrance when to anyone else owning an established Premier League club would have been a major asset.

Even if they couldn't possibly have known what was coming, do you not think the very least we deserve is an apology from them? Yet we get nothing from them either, just like we got nothing when they owned the club.

Did you ever bother to read the original sale documentation that was publicly available.. one of the key points in the sale document was keeping the existing board and manger.. we all know what happened there... Other key points like keeping us financially viable and keeping and building on community links also vanished over time... this document was produced by Venkys and their advisers (the later most likely).. they have to take 30% of the blame with Anderson and their other key advisers taking the final 70%. God only knows how much they made from favours from other agencies for buying the overpaid trash we ended up with under their leadership.

Very Disappointed to Hear About Kim ... Was looking forward to him in the lineup ....

Bit of Freshness in the squad was needed but alas not to be ....

The FA"s latest brain wave to have the likes of Jason Lowe and etc pushing them selves more into the reconning....

Never Going to Happen ..Cream All ways rises naturally....

Archived