BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

One rule for the second division clubs and another for the Premier League clubs.

If Chelsea had wanted Kim he would have got a permit.

The Fa have the brass neck to claim these rules promote home grown players!

its not the division its the package being offered, over 10million contract and the rules dont apply, so no doubt qpr will use that to sign some :)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Disappointed to Hear About Kim ... Was looking forward to him in the lineup ....

Bit of Freshness in the squad was needed but alas not to be ....

The FA"s latest brain wave to have the likes of Jason Lowe and etc pushing them selves more into the reconning....

Never Going to Happen ..Cream All ways rises naturally....

The likes of Lowe will never be good enough if they have nobody to compete with.

I'm also disappointed with the blocker on the Kim signing. It's not that he is a world beater but he's about as good as we have been linked with, and actually has experience in this league. Instead we are left bringing in no mark gambles who have no pedigree in the faint hope that we will unearth a hidden gem.

With no Gestede or Rhodes, and no decent midfielders, all we need is a couple of injuries and we are on the bare bones.

Always good to know we've wasted more money and valuable time during a transfer window chasing a freebie attacking midfielder from Wigan we all knew wouldn't get a work permit.

Anything else we can @#/? some more cash and time on? Why don't we sign a fifth choice keeper?

All a bit too convenient wouldn't you say ? Window dressing.

Wow - another conspiracy theory

No conspiracy at all but I just don't trust anything they do under this regime. I predicted this from the word go so surely some at the club must have realised it was a non starter. Ok i'll give them the benefit of the doubt which leaves us with the usual clueless incompetence then.

I'll say it again GB WILL NOT sign an experienced established midfielder who people would expect to be in the team. He already has that covered by his regulars.

Just don't think they've any real intention of signing anyone for any position unless it's unknown cheap back up. Might change depending on sales of course but at present they don't really wany anyone who will command a proper wage so to speak.

Loan fees. We can't pay them. Clubs not under an embargo can. Scouts can't overturn embargo's.

Dont think all clubs would ask for them especially if you would cover the wages

Another question...Glen suggested Mani is close to Short...may i ask how?

Or even only 8 years ago almost to the day we signed Santa Cruz to partner McCarthy up front, a year earlier we'd had Bellamy too, seems so long ago now. :(

As the Walker years came to an end and the money begand to dry up I considered our place in the Prem absolutely precious and not somethin g to be gambled with. Despite being warned time and again the irresponsibly gormless anti allardyce mob didn't.

Let's stop pretending that the Fifa rankings have any relevance. The only thing that is relevant are the views of a 'panel' of individuals working for the Fa who clearly have an agenda. That agenda is supposedly aimed at encouraging home grown players whilst granting work permits to people from the Congo who have never worked here before (if you're joining Newcastle for millions of pounds)

Like Samba?

Blame Venkys. We're now the equivalent og employing dossers in a Spar shop. You wouldn't get permits for overseas workers for that. Permit denied. Quite right too.

Adebayor is only going on loan so surely his visa will be valid till the end of his deal? Both Austin and Kim are at the end of their deals so would require to apply again?

On a separate note I do agree with the new criteria in theory. Surely we want to give home grown youngsters a try as opposed to untested players, who have played little international football for lower ranking teams?

I guarantee that any kid with lots of promise and oodles of ability will be given a try in this country.

Alot of clubs in our division are seriously strengthening whilst rovers are declining, its going to be a long tough season

You don't say? :rolleyes: Plenty saw this situation materialising years ago. many chose to take pot shots at the messengers and even more chose to simply ignore the warnings.

• Backroom

I didn't know who Kim was before we were linked to him, so can't say I'm that disappointed he hasn't been given a work permit. Especially when we've got big Nathan D to hopefully sign in the next few days.

Does it matter? I thought glen was way out of line for that post. It smacked of willy waving to me. Mani has always kept that information off the board and glen took it upon himself to tell all and sundry. Bit naughty that if you ask me.

Where did Glen post this?

Does it matter? I thought glen was way out of line for that post. It smacked of willy waving to me. Mani has always kept that information off the board and glen took it upon himself to tell all and sundry. Bit naughty that if you ask me.

Thats your opinion,

However when someone is trying to justify all is rosie and we are acting like spoilt brats because of Jack Walker then im quite comfortable with the fact that i pointed out to Paul, who I do actually know , that his relationship with coaching staff has clouded his vision .

The point of the rule is to give young English lads a chance, like for example, John O'Sullivan.

English lads like Dublin-born Irishman John O'Sullivan? The Republic of Ireland U-21 international?

Archived