BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Now that's a good publicity stunt and a way of connecting with fans. I live on the Fylde coast and I hadn't heard of AFC Fylde until I read that. This is a tinpot non-league team and it has better PR initiatives than our multimillion pound operation.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No conspiracy at all but I just don't trust anything they do under this regime. I predicted this from the word go so surely some at the club must have realised it was a non starter. Ok i'll give them the benefit of the doubt which leaves us with the usual clueless incompetence then.

I'll say it again GB WILL NOT sign an experienced established midfielder who people would expect to be in the team. He already has that covered by his regulars.

Just don't think they've any real intention of signing anyone for any position unless it's unknown cheap back up. Might change depending on sales of course but at present they don't really wany anyone who will command a proper wage so to speak.

So does that make Sheffield Wednesday incompetent as well - as they fell foul of the new tighter rules when trying to sign Austin ?

So basically you are saying they should just give up on trying to buy better players if it looks like it might be tough going - and may not go through ?

The Reality is we messed things up last summer.

We should of either broke the bank spent 10-15m and built a squad that had promotion wrote on it and would of seen bowyer sacked for failing to gain it. (which middlesborough maybe doing)

or we should of sold Rhodes then.

In situation 1 if we hadn't been promoted we'd of been able to get in a decent manager who was capable of doing it with the players still there. (In rhodes case would realise the strength of our squad)

Situation 2 we could have at least had the ability to replace rhodes that summer and be in a situation of at least returning to FFP rules by December 2015.

instead we dithered, did nothing and suffering. The reality is i don't expect us to be out of FUP until next summer, however a strong chance of league one football awaits.

Does it matter? I thought glen was way out of line for that post. It smacked of willy waving to me. Mani has always kept that information off the board and glen took it upon himself to tell all and sundry. Bit naughty that if you ask me.

it was pretty ridiculous of him if you ask me, especially considering some of his dubious relationships with people at the cub in the past(and present for all we know)

Not concerned nor interested in what anyone else is doing. All clubs trial players of course they do but just how many mess around like us ? So your saying half the clubs in this league are going down the route we did with Kim then getting knocked back ? Maybe they are , football is a stupid business full of stupid people.

I just find it strange that we are trialing loads of players for centre mid when it's a position Bowyer has already covered. Our midfield is very average at best but we have loads of bodies to play there. Maybe he's got the clearance to trial who he wants but when he wants to sign one up he may be getting knocked back from above. I just think someone is taking the @#/? as usual. The season is just over a week away for gods sake.

Like Samba?

Blame Venkys. We're now the equivalent og employing dossers in a Spar shop. You wouldn't get permits for overseas workers for that. Permit denied. Quite right too.

What an infuriating post. Rovers supporter? Pfft..not a chance.

But it's his decision to say who he's friendly with. Unleaded, as I said to mani, I appreciate him sharing what he hears. As I do with you. If I recall, you decided to admit you work for a football agent. If someone else had decided to tell the rest of the board that during the Anderson years, you may have felt unhappy about it. As it is you laid your cards out in the open. Mani deliberately kept that quiet to my knowledge. It was for him to disclose it not someone else. Not only that but glen saw fit to give a Christian name too. That's a posters right to keep that private. Whether you know them personally or not.

looking at the pictures of sacha peschi(or whatever he's called) at the shirt signing today, he didn't seem as big as I was expecting considering the comments ive read about him, he looks tall but not especially muscular, I was expecting somebody more samba or sol cambell esque in stature.

What an infuriating post. Rovers supporter? Pfft..not a chance.

OK troll I will bite this time. I just feel that football clubs have had a scattergun approach to signing below average non-native players for too long now. If only we could tackle the below par EU players in the same way. There are plenty of below par English players out there to take a chance on. They could become the modern day Ian Rush or Peter Reid. It's bad enough that the Premier league overlook the better English players without the other tier clubs doing it too. It's no coincidence that the last 3 world champions have reaped the rewards of their clubs investing in home talent.

It's a shame for Kim and possibly the FA should treat players who have been here for a few years differently as they draw the line in the sand but it's not an FA conspiracy against Rovers either, as has been suggested.

So Gestede going is not a surprise - good deal (not that we get to spend any of it).

Kim is off which is a major blow. Not sure how many of his quality we will see connected to the club.

Guthrie I see more as a different player, more an old school central midfielder. Think he would be a good signing, but is he really going to take less than 10k per week?

Big news is Callum Robinson. What do people think of him? What sort of player? Is he definitely part of the Rudy deal?

Archived