BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Defence of Glen, Manni has Hinted that he is in with the Current regime......no big deal imho

Each to there own

Mani gets his snippets off a certain member of the coaching staff .

But that certain person doesn't tell him the full picture

The loss of Marshall would be easily overcome.he's no great shakes.give me o,Sullivan anyday.i so he many times at oakwell last very good player

Yeah let's sell Marshall and replace him with another free French lad from the lower leagues. Can't be any worse off. Bloody hell.

I imagine he won't be telling him much going forward after it was released on here!

Does it matter? I thought glen was way out of line for that post. It smacked of willy waving to me. Mani has always kept that information off the board and glen took it upon himself to tell all and sundry. Bit naughty that if you ask me.

👍

You should fill in the blanks then. What is the 'full picture'?

You spend a lot of time making vague accusations about dodgy dealings at Ewood but never post anything of substance. Mani is actually worth reading because he at least knows at bit about what goes on at Ewood.

Wannabe ITK, Armchair Insurrectionist or Conspiracy Theorist. Which posting profile do you fit?

I'm a Rovers Fan. It makes me happy.

Now that's a good publicity stunt and a way of connecting with fans. I live on the Fylde coast and I hadn't heard of AFC Fylde until I read that. This is a tinpot non-league team and it has better PR initiatives than our multimillion pound operation.

i think that says more about you than AFC Fylde. Played at Plymouth in the FA CUp last season. The highlights were on the telly box and everything. Well funded and just built a nice new ground. You must be the only football follower in the Fylde area not to have heard of them.

Haha ok, firstly I'm not "IN" with anyone lads...I am a Blackburn Rovers fan 1st in every way. I'm not going to go on and on about who my mates are because they're just the lads to me.

I don't even post or talk about half the stuff I hear about because it would cause mayhem.

It got a little out of hand because Glen and I both care about the club (as do we all)...the next rounds on you Mullan!!

I have (very openly) castigated Gaz's tactics and substitutions at times where we've given up the advantage and paid the price in games.

However, I know just how bloody hard their job has been over the past couple of years. Dealing with the fallout of JA, SK and SS along with Venkys. Because I know this I can't help but think they've done a good job...my opinion.

As for Rosie in the garden? I know the lads don't expect it but I'm personally worried sick about the prospect of Venkys walking and where we'd be left!!

And tbf to Chaddy, he's known for a while and been very discreet! Top lad, gets unjustly abused for being a "Rovers Fan" when all he's trying to do is keep people's spirits up!! We all know we're in the sh1t but I'd rather chat with Chaddy about the positives all day than moan about the negatives!!

Not easy to feel confident over signings after the disappoiment of the work permit issue yesterday.

Can we expect Guthrie to sign today or will this one be another failure?

Is Callum Robinson part of the Rudy deal or? If not will he come on loan anyway? Saw the goal he assisted other night against Wolves and the lad sure has some pace.

Delfouneso probably isn't decided before Wigan match. A lot of seems to be going on loan market. PL sides are already making desicions of who they are loaning.

Of course it doesn't mean @#/? all. It's the bloody POINT of football. Not having big crowds, but being successful.

Certainly don't remember any Manure fans saying 'well it's a bit of a shame that Chelsea won the league, but it doesn't really matter because we had far better attendances'.

I fear you misunderstand BlueBruce - us winning the Prem in 1994/1995 has no bearing whatsoever on who is the bigger club in the modern day. Many, many teams were successful years ago, but as money begins to dominate football those smaller town teams have slid back into the 2nd, 3rd and 4th division.

We are a million miles from the club we were even 5 years ago scrabbling to sign the like of Benjani and Chimbonda, never mind the club that swept through football buying Shearer, Sutton etc. We can always have very fond memories of the 20 years that Jack gave us; but sadly that's all they are now, memories. Middlesbrough are a bigger club. Bigger fan base, bigger potential to progress and grow, more money... that to me is all that football is about nowadays. Not who won what in the 90's.

I don't like all this labelling people Rovers Fans or doom mongers. I would say people are split by those who cling on to positives and those who focus on negatives.

Sadly I am now firmly in the can't get past the plethora of negatives camp (ironically pre venkys I'd say I was an overly positive person). So for those who chose to focus on the positives what are they? Not having a go at anyone who chooses to be positive but the only slight positive I can think of and it should be taken for granted is we still have a club the rest from owners, to boardroom, to manager, to quality of players, to ffp to me it's all negative and that's just the big issues.

I know I'm sometimes blinded by my hatred of the regime which as hard as I try bleeds through to hating the club as rovers is the owners club. So am I being blinded by my venkys hatred or are there actual positives out there?

Re: Venkys walking

Yes the club would be in big financial trouble unless a new owner was found, which is not impossible given the money on offer in the Premiership.

However it's more about enjoyment, whatever league you're in. Is anyone really enjoying being a Rovers fan with venkys here?

Some of the best stories I've heard are from an FC United fan who thoroughly enjoyed supporting that club, not matter what league they started in, with everyone fully behind the club.

Sounded a million times more fun than watching Gaz's team toil every week and everyone knowing that the owners don't care enough to do anything about it.

I fear you misunderstand BlueBruce - us winning the Prem in 1994/1995 has no bearing whatsoever on who is the bigger club in the modern day. Many, many teams were successful years ago, but as money begins to dominate football those smaller town teams have slid back into the 2nd, 3rd and 4th division.

We are a million miles from the club we were even 5 years ago scrabbling to sign the like of Benjani and Chimbonda, never mind the club that swept through football buying Shearer, Sutton etc. We can always have very fond memories of the 20 years that Jack gave us; but sadly that's all they are now, memories. Middlesbrough are a bigger club. Bigger fan base, bigger potential to progress and grow, more money... that to me is all that football is about nowadays. Not who won what in the 90's.

Middlesbrough have sold 15000 season tickets, that's despite having gone within a whisker of promotion last season and expectations being at an all time high this summer.

I don't think that really qualifies them to be a bigger or better supported club than us. They've sold a few thousand more season tickets, but given the expectation levels and their performance last season that is to be expected. On the other hand if they had finished mid-table last year and we had got to the play off final and were spending millions on new players then I'd be confident in us shifting significantly more season tickets than them.

As for more money, well, rarely does your bank balance represent your size as a club. If it did then QPR would be the biggest club in the Championship. Middlesbrough's 'wealth' is down to one man, Steve Gibson, who is funding massive losses (£20 million a year and rising at the last count). Given the outlay Venkys have made in recent years whilst it has been mainly wasted I'd hazard a guess that they have spent more than Gibson could afford to spend and are worth a lot more than he is.

The difference is the way the money has been spent and the fact that Gibson has managed to avoid a transfer embargo whereas we haven't, meaning they are in a position of being able to spend money whilst our hands are tied.

The result of that is that naturally they will be far shorter odds to get promoted this season. That doesn't mean they are a club 'going places'. They are in the same league as us and their gates are similar.

Re: Venkys walking

Yes the club would be in big financial trouble unless a new owner was found, which is not impossible given the money on offer in the Premiership.

However it's more about enjoyment, whatever league you're in. Is anyone really enjoying being a Rovers fan with venkys here?

Some of the best stories I've heard are from an FC United fan who thoroughly enjoyed supporting that club, not matter what league they started in, with everyone fully behind the club.

Sounded a million times more fun than watching Gaz's team toil every week and everyone knowing that the owners don't care enough to do anything about it.

Do you think we "toil" in that league mate? Yes we've come up short a couple of times but I lost count how many times we let good positions slip through individual errors and making the wrong decisions in killing a game off. If we'd been on the right side of a few of those we'd have been VERY close to the playoffs IMO.

Important thing is that the players and Gaz learn from it I guess.

FYI I think we will play a 4231 this season and be much more focused on being resolute. Very similar to Karanka at Borough in terms of mentality. They like Karanka.

Transfers - they'll Defo want Guthrie. Also think they'll sign Delf (extended trial to ensure he passes the attitude test). I don't think we will sell Rhodes or Marshall...certainly not in this window. Reason being that it's cutting their throats unnessarily. If they get to Christmas with zero chance of promo they might sell in order to get outa the embargo.

I don't think they'll sell anymore of the first team in this window. Watch United bid for Rhodes now!! 😂😂

I do think we toil, it was hard to watch at times last season such was the lack of a gameplan, motivation and skill. How many times do you come away from the ground thinking 'that was enjoyable'? It's the negativity around the place that takes the fun out of the match day experience too.

442/4321/433 doesn't matter as long as we stick with a system rather than changing it every week.

FYI I think we will play a 4231 this season and be much more focused on being resolute. Very similar to Karanka at Borough in terms of mentality. They like Karanka.

Transfers - they'll Defo want Guthrie. Also think they'll sign Delf (extended trial to ensure he passes the attitude test). I don't think we will sell Rhodes or Marshall...certainly not in this window. Reason being that it's cutting their throats unnessarily. If they get to Christmas with zero chance of promo they might sell in order to get outa the embargo.

Agree that we will play 451.

As for not selling Rhodes... That would be a statement of intent of sorts.. Wonder how he would react? He is the sort to get his head down and just get on with it. Cant see him throwing his toys out like Gestede, Bentley, Samba... But will he play as well? Interesting.

Also all the strikers we have bought/linked to seem to be pacy (Koita, Davidson, Delfanueso) which should help Rhodes get closer to goal which suits his style of play.

Do you think we "toil" in that league mate? Yes we've come up short a couple of times but I lost count how many times we let good positions slip through individual errors and making the wrong decisions in killing a game off. If we'd been on the right side of a few of those we'd have been VERY close to the playoffs IMO.

Important thing is that the players and Gaz learn from it I guess.

I don't think they'll sell anymore of the first team in this window. Watch United bid for Rhodes now!! 😂😂

I agree on us playing 4-2-3-1 and being better defensively for sure. Plus Bowyer has played that system in every pre season game this season. Has Bowyer learnt from last season about us being out played in midfield by only having 2 centre midfielders there?

4-4-2 should be plan B BUT not plan A IMO

We are looking to bring in pace players in attack. Koita in, Delfouneso on trial and linked with Callum Robinson from Villa.

Guthrie would be good signing for us.

Totally daft that. We will have just paid him off, probably for more than his contract is worth till expirary just to free up a squad place under FFP. So FFP, theoretically about cutting costs, has just increased them.

Talk about perverse incentives.

Totally daft that. We will have just paid him off, probably for more than his contract is worth till expirary just to free up a squad place under FFP. So FFP, theoretically about cutting costs, has just increased them.

Talk about perverse incentives.

Doubt thats how it works

Archived