BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how keeping Rhodes is good for club.If he had spoke to boro and said I'm not interested in moving to the smoggies for footballing reasons and I'm happy to stay here I'd be happy,but now every club knows he wants out and there will be plenty interest.

It's good for the club because if he goes we're miles closer to the drop. His goals would probably keep us mid table or higher, without those goals we'll be a lot further down th table

Re: Venkys walking

Yes the club would be in big financial trouble unless a new owner was found, which is not impossible given the money on offer in the Premiership.

However it's more about enjoyment, whatever league you're in. Is anyone really enjoying being a Rovers fan with venkys here?

Some of the best stories I've heard are from an FC United fan who thoroughly enjoyed supporting that club, not matter what league they started in, with everyone fully behind the club.

Sounded a million times more fun than watching Gaz's team toil every week and everyone knowing that the owners don't care enough to do anything about it.

Personally, I can't understand how anyone can change the club they support. If you are a Manchester United fan that is who you are. Those who formed FC United, clearly wanted more than following a particular club in this corporate age. Following a club usually means you take the rough with the smooth rather than clear off when the rough turns up. And no Abbey, that's not blaming the fans it's merely stating my own opinion. :glare:

I'm not sure how keeping Rhodes is good for club.If he had spoke to boro and said I'm not interested in moving to the smoggies for footballing reasons and I'm happy to stay here I'd be happy,but now every club knows he wants out and there will be plenty interest.

He's never publicly stated he wants out though has he Mr Dingle. Just that he wanted to speak to Boro but there is no evidence of a written transfer request. He's a pro, he'll prob sulk a bit but then he'll get his head down. He'll have seen what happened to Best for a few years before they eventually released him.

Totally daft that. We will have just paid him off, probably for more than his contract is worth till expirary just to free up a squad place under FFP. So FFP, theoretically about cutting costs, has just increased them.

Talk about perverse incentives.

I feel a bit sorry for Jake Kean. Young lad thrown in at the deep end with a load of angry supporters baying for blood behind him. You could see his confidence withering away.

He did very well for a while and had the fans firmly behind him. He started the next season with the collywobbles from the word go for some bizzare reason but it was nothing whatsoever to do with the fans more like his back line and a slight change of tack in him being expected to come for more stuff. Lack of co-ordination and leadership in defence, no surprise there.

No reason he can't go on to be a decent league 1 or even championship keaper, best of luck to him.

Shame for Kean, he showed some ability that half a season but he's still young for a keeper and if he can get his head right he's got plenty of time to come back.

I don't know Jordan Rhodes but nothing I've seen would lead me to believe he won't play just as well as ever IF he's still here in September... Slightly worrying though the talk of him being unhappy with Bowyer (understandable too) if true.

Parsonblue, I'd say there are different kinds of rough, personally I've got a lot of respect for those that started that club when they felt the soul had been ripped out of theirs... Wouldn't have done it myself but what the Glazers did/are doing... pretty horrible

I'm not sure how keeping Rhodes is good for club.If he had spoke to boro and said I'm not interested in moving to the smoggies for footballing reasons and I'm happy 😊 to stay here I'd be happy,but now every club knows he wants out and there will be plenty interest.

Another Samantha account holder?

He did very well for a while and had the fans firmly behind him. He started the next season with the collywobbles from the word go for some bizzare reason but it was nothing whatsoever to do with the fans more like his back line and a slight change of tack in him being expected to come for more stuff. Lack of co-ordination and leadership in defence, no surprise there.

No reason he can't go on to be a decent league 1 or even championship keaper, best of luck to him.

Unfortunately due to off the field issues and fan unrest I wouldn't say the Ewood Park crowd are firmly behind any player, it is a poisonous place to play. We all have every right to be angry, upset and in my view feel humiliated but any slight mistake a player makes is jumped on like a red rag to a bull.

I'm no Rovers Fan or happy in the slightest at the way things have gone or are going but I feel as supporters at Ewood Park the supporting element of the players is pretty damn poor.

• Backroom

I feel a bit sorry for Jake Kean. Young lad thrown in at the deep end with a load of angry supporters baying for blood behind him. You could see his confidence withering away.

Jake Kean went from a keeper with decent potential to an absolute walking disaster seemingly within the blink of an eye. It got to the point where he was making a massive mistake practically every game and he really should have been taken out of the firing line a lot earlier than he was.

I'm sure he'll find a club in League One/Two.

Didnt you post this exact message earlier?? :blink:

Jake Kean went from a keeper with decent potential to an absolute walking disaster seemingly within the blink of an eye. It got to the point where he was making a massive mistake practically every game and he really should have been taken out of the firing line a lot earlier than he was.

I'm sure he'll find a club in League One/Two.

He developed a rather unique skill of being able to slice back passes so much the ball went behind him!!

Personally, I can't understand how anyone can change the club they support. If you are a Manchester United fan that is who you are. Those who formed FC United, clearly wanted more than following a particular club in this corporate age. Following a club usually means you take the rough with the smooth rather than clear off when the rough turns up. And no Abbey, that's not blaming the fans it's merely stating my own opinion. :glare:

In FC United's case, it's actually the exact opposite. I'm surprised that you would be ignorant to this. The new club is a protest club simply because there comes a point when your club is actually taken away from you and there is nothing else you can do about it. Should Wimbledon fans have sucked it up and moved to Milton Keynes? Manchester United is going through a rough time... good one. As soon as the Glazers beggar off it'll be folk the likes of whom formed FCUM that will be there when they really are going through hard times.

Those fans who created a new club should be applauded, not accused - however subtly - of not being real fans.

I can only imagine that this is all part of the rich history of BRFC. It would be very easy to apply an example Godwin's Law here but I won't.

I agree on us playing 4-2-3-1 and being better defensively for sure. Plus Bowyer has played that system in every pre season game this season. Has Bowyer learnt from last season about us being out played in midfield by only having 2 centre midfielders there?

4-4-2 should be plan B BUT not plan A IMO

We are looking to bring in pace players in attack. Koita in, Delfouneso on trial and linked with Callum Robinson from Villa.

Guthrie would be good signing for us.

Why, just why on earth, would Guthrie be a good signing.

Unfortunately due to off the field issues and fan unrest I wouldn't say the Ewood Park crowd are firmly behind any player, it is a poisonous place to play. We all have every right to be angry, upset and in my view feel humiliated but any slight mistake a player makes is jumped on like a red rag to a bull.

I'm no Rovers Fan or happy in the slightest at the way things have gone or are going but I feel as supporters at Ewood Park the supporting element of the players is pretty damn poor.

Lets remember that Kean was thrown in at the height of all that and he handled it fine infact it was a bit of something for fans to cling to at the time.

The atmosphere was crap last two thirds of last season after the hope completely died away but it's more a dejected silence rather than the previous anger. Manager has to take a share of that blame as well with his tactics last season and messing around with the team. The slow deep sitting style of the team with wingers on the wrong side continually cutting in instead of getting down their side and whipping some crosses in does nothing to help get the fans up for it.

Nobody in that team ever grabs a game by the scruff and tries to drive us on. The manager as well, stood there with his hands in his pockets slumped on the side of the dugout shrugging his shoulders. Do me a favour !!

Why, just why on earth, would Guthrie be a good signing.

I think he would be decent, when ive seen him he has a bit of bite in him, decent passer and can enforce himself on a game...players can fall out of favours at certain clubs but hes not exactly an awful player to be interested in? we need someone who will mix it up a bit and throw in a tackle or two, its been too long!

Lets remember that Kean was thrown in at the height of all that and he handled it fine infact it was a bit of something for fans to cling to at the time.

The atmosphere was crap last two thirds of last season after the hope completely died away but it's more a dejected silence rather than the previous anger. Manager has to take a share of that blame as well with his tactics last season and messing around with the team. The slow deep sitting style of the team with wingers on the wrong side continually cutting in instead of getting down their side and whipping some crosses in does nothing to help get the fans up for it.

Nobody in that team ever grabs a game by the scruff and tries to drive us on. The manager as well, stood there with his hands in his pockets slumped on the side of the dugout shrugging his shoulders. Do me a favour !!

Kin'ell I wonder why that was!! The bugger engineered his own position along with a certain Football Agent! He was making a personal fortune at the complete misfortune of our football club and couldn't have cared less about the fans or who was going to pick the pieces up.

'Thrown in'... good god above.

As for 'something for the fans to cling to'... any fan in their right mind could see we were doomed from day dot. Awful football, hapless tactics and some of the worst transfer dealings (in and out) I've seen in this clubs history. In fact, I couldn't even call most of them transfers - it was the systematic removal of anyone who dared question the new regime at Ewood Park.

Kin'ell I wonder why that was!! The bugger engineered his own position along with a certain Football Agent! He was making a personal fortune at the complete misfortune of our football club and couldn't have cared less about the fans or who was going to pick the pieces up.

'Thrown in'... good god above.

As for 'something for the fans to cling to'... any fan in their right mind could see we were doomed from day dot. Awful football, hapless tactics and some of the worst transfer dealings (in and out) I've seen in this clubs history. In fact, I couldn't even call most of them transfers - it was the systematic removal of anyone who dared question the new regime at Ewood Park.

Jake Kean, read the effin posts numbnuts !!!

Archived