BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

The Venkygraph is reporting the Gestede sale as £6m with no mention of any extra payments.

If the price for Gestede suddenly drops to £6m after all the bluster of wanting £8m

I wonder why they are digging their heels in over Rhodes? Could it be Gestede was signed when he was in a career rut with no promises made. Whereas Rhodes was signed as the talisman in a promised promotion bid and selling him will be admitting they have failed (we all know they failed months and months and months ago but the Rao's are thick as pig excrement)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he would be decent, when ive seen him he has a bit of bite in him, decent passer and can enforce himself on a game...players can fall out of favours at certain clubs but hes not exactly an awful player to be interested in? we need someone who will mix it up a bit and throw in a tackle or two, its been too long!

Careful pal the rules on here state every player must be slagged off at all times whether they are ours or not :huh:

Careful pal the rules on here state every player must be slagged off at all times whether they are ours or not :huh:

Ive noticed that..its very strange at times... anyway id be happy to sign him on a low wage and see what he can do on a one year deal, were hardly knocking back the quality players from the door as it stands are we?

To be honest, I had to do a double-take to make sure you were talking about the right Kean. :lol:

Yeah there's been a few crossed wires on here recently lol. All part of the fun I suppose :) I'd saw my own feet off before I'd defend that @#/?.

Ive noticed that..its very strange at times... anyway id be happy to sign him on a low wage and see what he can do on a one year deal, were hardly knocking back the quality players from the door as it stands are we?

Can't say I know a right lot about him but if he's anything like you describe he is the type we need. He'll have to be prepared to play for buttons though.

• Moderation Lead

Why, just why on earth, would Guthrie be a good signing.

Why wouldn't he? Have you seen him play?

We can only sign players on £10k per week with no transfer fee, so unfortunately for us, Toni Kroos and Paul Pogba might just be out of our league....

• Backroom

Guthrie used to be good. Not so much these days.

The fact he was just released by Reading and their fans did not care: http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-fans-reactions-players-9311938

Does not bode well. But, thanks to Venky's, this is the market we're operating in nowadays.

He developed a rather unique skill of being able to slice back passes so much the ball went behind him!!

I remember twice seeing him concede a goal by confusing himself and the defender, allowing the ball to roll past and the chasing striker to tap into the net. It was schoolboy mistakes, on a regular basis.

Guthrie is poor. More slow midfield players

He may be slow but he can pass the ball well. That alone would make him a step-up on our current central midfield players. If we're playing 4231 this season it is less important to have a 'runner' in central midfield - the two central midfielders can simply just sit and protect the back four.

If there's one positive from Gestede going it is the change in formation to one up top.

Guthrie used to be good. Not so much these days.

The fact he was just released by Reading and their fans did not care: http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-fans-reactions-players-9311938

Does not bode well. But, thanks to Venky's, this is the market we're operating in nowadays.

I remember twice seeing him concede a goal by confusing himself and the defender, allowing the ball to roll past and the chasing striker to tap into the net. It was schoolboy mistakes, on a regular basis.

plenty of players have got released and managed to be successful at other clubs...like i said its the market were in now, can you name someone better we could get in for free and has a realistic chance of signing..legit question...

i think that says more about you than AFC Fylde. Played at Plymouth in the FA CUp last season. The highlights were on the telly box and everything. Well funded and just built a nice new ground. You must be the only football follower in the Fylde area not to have heard of them.

Pretty daft comments, but thanks. I've only lived there for a few years, and what exactly do you think it 'says about me'? That I don't track sub-Conference football? Well you're completely correct there. I think most football followers don't. If you're a local born and raised then I'm sure you'll have heard of them, but frankly I give my tosses elsewhere. And my heaven forgive me for not having seen a specific set of highlights in the early rounds of the FA Cup. Jeez, I was only remarking on their good marketing strategy.

I fear you misunderstand BlueBruce - us winning the Prem in 1994/1995 has no bearing whatsoever on who is the bigger club in the modern day.

I didn't misunderstand a thing. I just don't view being a 'big club' as being anything like how you view it. Don't patronise me by saying that means I misunderstand please.

So tremendously sad to see Rudy Gestede go...Unfortunately just the times of where we are at for the moment. All clubs have their ups and down and guess we are going through one of those periods. One thing I agree is something that Kamy mentioned that Mrs D is looking to use this business model of buying cheap develop players and sell them on. I am all for that as I believe that is the only way Rovers can compete within this league. Promotion aspect is well and truly out of my mind for the next few seasons. We need to get that embargo removed as soon as possible. I absolutely despise FFP it is so crippling on clubs like ourselves, and shows how ridiculous the situation is when Boro are willing to splash 12m on Jordan Rhodes (Only to get embargoed if they do not go up).

I do remain optimistic for our future no matter how bleak the situation is now. Yes we have made unknown signings such as Fode and Petchi (though I know Fode well from his time in Ligue 1, being half French I regularly go to see my french team Lyon play in France). Across these next 12 months I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Hanley go as well if it means we get to bank in a few extra millions same goes to Rhodes (as much as I love him as well). We need to keep our core of players who are in my eyes, Raya, Henley, Spurr, Olsson, Duffy, Lowe, Marshall, and Conway. All players who would walk into any Championship team side.

I would like to see our line up for the first game of the year being:

----------Steele--------

Henley--Hanley--Killa---Spurr

------Lowe---Evans-------

Conway---Marshall---Olsson

--------Rhodes------

Subs: Raya, Nyambe, Fode, Duffy, Williamson, Taylor, O'Sullivan

Raya, Henley, Spurr, Olsson, Duffy, Lowe, Marshall, and Conway. All players who would walk into any Championship team side.

I admire your optimism. If you could bottle it and send it to grumpy old gits like me please :D

I'm not sure you'd get a majority agreement on anyone in your player list though.

Archived