BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

It would help if the money goes to Rovers. I expect (a guess mind you) that it will go to the V people.

Who does our negotiating by the way anyone please, it is not normally a manager?

Managers rarely get involved in negotiating transfers - usually the Chief Exec and finance people.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would help if the money goes to Rovers. I expect (a guess mind you) that it will go to the V people.

Who does our negotiating by the way anyone please, it is not normally a manager?

Normally the Chief Exec.

"Can we do cash on that one please?"

It's all completely over for us. Thank you to both Venkys and UEFA. You have done your job.

Highly unlikely we'll stay up with no strikers.

You discounting Rhodes?

Normally the Chief Exec.

"Can we do cash on that one please?"

You discounting Rhodes?

Rhodes is no longer a Rovers player. If you say you want to play for others, sooner or later you'll get your wish - and it's no service to anyone to keep him here and force him to play against his will. Even an academy player would be better.

Rhodes is no longer a Rovers player. If you say you want to play for others, sooner or later you'll get your wish - and it's no service to anyone to keep him here and force him to play against his will. Even an academy player would be better.

So we'd be better off with Dean Rittenberg in than a miffed Rhodes possibly sulking a bit but equally possibly with a point to prove?

Nurse??...................

Kamy claims it is 5m up front, 1m in January followed by 4 further instalments of 500k at unspecified dates.

You're right. Poor deal IF it is only 6m.

Why are we being p!ssed around like this when a club like Villa are cash rich?

Only Rhodes to wave goodbye to now.

So tremendously sad to see Rudy Gestede go...Unfortunately just the times of where we are at for the moment. All clubs have their ups and down and guess we are going through one of those periods. One thing I agree is something that Kamy mentioned that Mrs D is looking to use this business model of buying cheap develop players and sell them on. I am all for that as I believe that is the only way Rovers can compete within this league. Promotion aspect is well and truly out of my mind for the next few seasons. We need to get that embargo removed as soon as possible. I absolutely despise FFP it is so crippling on clubs like ourselves, and shows how ridiculous the situation is when Boro are willing to splash 12m on Jordan Rhodes (Only to get embargoed if they do not go up).

I do remain optimistic for our future no matter how bleak the situation is now. Yes we have made unknown signings such as Fode and Petchi (though I know Fode well from his time in Ligue 1, being half French I regularly go to see my french team Lyon play in France). Across these next 12 months I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Hanley go as well if it means we get to bank in a few extra millions same goes to Rhodes (as much as I love him as well). We need to keep our core of players who are in my eyes, Raya, Henley, Spurr, Olsson, Duffy, Lowe, Marshall, and Conway. All players who would walk into any Championship team side.

I would like to see our line up for the first game of the year being:

----------Steele--------

Henley--Hanley--Killa---Spurr

------Lowe---Evans-------

Conway---Marshall---Olsson

--------Rhodes------

Subs: Raya, Nyambe, Fode, Duffy, Williamson, Taylor, O'Sullivan

Talk @#/? as usual

Not a D!ck but dont agree with all the Rudy well wishes...wont knock him but certainly not happy for him...

Ditto. We rescued him off the scrap heap, 12 good months and he thinks he's too good for us.

He might do well at Villa but having earned his big move I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him become a semi permanent sick note and disappear without trace.

• Backroom

Thanks guys I'm willing to when confronted with stupids posts

To be fair to him, there's nothing unreasonable in there. Hardly stupid. If we do keep the current squad plus Guthrie, I'll be optimistic too.

Defense needs sorting, but it appears this newly trim Hanley is playing ok in friendlies.

Not a D!ck but dont agree with all the Rudy well wishes...wont knock him but certainly not happy for him...

For what it's worth I agree, this is a player that refused to play for the club after a bit of newspaper speculation, hardly anyone batted an eyelid on here.

Bowyer plucked him from the wilderness, rejuvenated his career and he jumped at the first opportunity, modern day footballers eh.

Don't let the door smack you on the way out Rudy.

Ditto. We rescued him off the scrap heap, 12 good months and he thinks he's too good for us.

He might do well at Villa but having earned his big move I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him become a semi permanent sick note and disappear without trace.

Genuinely mean this, but i cant see him going there and tearing it up but could be wrong, few starts, benched,,,injured..loan..sold...

usually the way it goes Bellamy, Neill, Samba, Hoillett, Warnock, Bentley, Roque..end up at a club on par with us..frustrates me...

So tremendously sad to see Rudy Gestede go...Unfortunately just the times of where we are at for the moment. All clubs have their ups and down and guess we are going through one of those periods. One . thing I agree is something that Kamy mentioned that Mrs D is looking to use this business model of buying cheap develop players and sell them on. I am all for that as I believe that is the only way Rovers can compete within this league. Promotion aspect is well and truly out of my mind for the next few seasons. We need to get that embargo removed as soon as possible. I absolutely despise FFP it is so crippling on clubs like ourselves, and shows how ridiculous the situation is when Boro are willing to splash 12m on Jordan Rhodes (Only to get embargoed if they do not go up).

I do remain optimistic for our future no matter how bleak the situation is now. Yes we have made unknown signings such as Fode and Petchi (though I know Fode well from his time in Ligue 1, being half French I regularly go to see my french team Lyon play in France). Across these next 12 months I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Hanley go as well if it means we get to bank in a few extra millions same goes to Rhodes (as much as I love him as well). We need to keep our core of players who are in my eyes, Raya, Henley, Spurr, Olsson, Duffy, Lowe, Marshall, and Conway. All players who would walk into any Championship team side.

I would like to see our line up for the first game of the year being:

----------Steele--------

Henley--Hanley--Killa---Spurr

------Lowe---Evans-------

Conway---Marshall---Olsson

--------Rhodes------

Subs: Raya, Nyambe, Fode, Duffy, Williamson, Taylor, O'Sullivan

This is for you blueboy

I don't disagree with some of what he said but the partb about being happy to go along being a feeder club, buying players and selling them on for a profit really irks me. Some of what he said is fine but alot of it just smacks of pandering to bowyer and venkys. I won't accept what they are doing and I never will. EVER!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys I'm willing to when confronted with stupids posts

Really? Stupid thing to say and what are you thanking them for? All I could see were sarcastic jibes aimed at ya. Have a little respect for fellow posters. No one's here to "confront" you. Being positive is sadly looked upon with much scorn in here.

Edit-is it "stupid" posts or "stupid's posts". If it is the latter, I can't believe you would just call someone that over a bloody Mb post.

Really? Stupid thing to say and what are you thanking them for? All I could see were sarcastic jibes aimed at ya. Have a little respect for fellow posters. No one's here to "confront" you. Being positive is sadly looked upon with much scorn in here.

I think if you find something positive, everyone will be behind you

Archived