BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Backroom

This is for you blueboy

I don't disagree with some of what he said but the partb about being happy to go along being a feeder club, buying players and selling them on for a profit really irks me. Some of what he said is fine but alot of it just smacks of pandering to bowyer and venkys. I won't accept what they are doing and I never will. EVER!!!!!!!!!

The only bit of that which didn't apply to us before was 'feeder club'. We've always had a 'buy cheap, sell high' mentality.

So what you're really saying is most of what he said fine. But stupid...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Stupid thing to say and what are you thanking them for? All I could see were sarcastic jibes aimed at ya. Have a little respect for fellow posters. No one's here to "confront" you. Being positive is sadly looked upon with much scorn in here.

Edit-is it "stupid" posts or "stupid's posts". If it is the latter, I can't believe you would just call someone that over a bloody Mb post.

I said stupid post, I won't go as far as calling someone names, OK pc police?

The only bit of that which didn't apply to us before was 'feeder club'. We've always had a 'buy cheap, sell high' mentality.

So what you're really saying is most of what he said fine. But stupid...

OK maybe not stupid but misinformed and deluded

I said stupid post, I won't go as far as calling someone names, OK pc police?

Thought you would be better than that. But, hey, had to check. It's the mighty roverandout after all.

I think if you find something positive, everyone will be behind you

Look around the MB. Wherever there is an inkling of positivity, immediately there are people saying "nah, that's not gonna happen" The general feeling of doom and gloom has become the norm. As a football fan, the start of season is a really exciting one, albeit not for us, maybe. But there are quite a few fans that would like to read about formations/team selections for the following season. I doubt the poster that the guy took an offence to was "crediting Venkys" or anything of that sort. It was just an honest and innocent post.

Thought you would be better than that. But, hey, had to check. It's the mighty roverandout after all.

Look around the MB. Wherever there is an inkling of positivity, immediately there are people saying "nah, that's not gonna happen" The general feeling of doom and gloom has become the norm. As a football fan, the start of season is a really exciting one, albeit not for us, maybe. But there are quite a few fans that would like to read about formations/team selections for the following season. I doubt the poster that the guy took an offence to was "crediting Venkys" or anything of that sort. It was just an honest and innocent post.

I am sure you are right in that assumption so,

Start a topic and get it discussed

I thought it was a generally decent post as well. Message board used to be full of good posts like that.

Which is why I reworded my response, my anger gets the better of me when I read delusional posts

So no loan signing included in this deal then?

It appears not. Even Barnsley have managed to borrow one from Arsenal today but we seem more concerned with shipping in trialists.

This is the problem. Agreed, we are a selling club and (nearly) always have been but, owing to our lily livered acceptance of FFP and scattergun recruitment policy, we are flirting with a real struggle this season.

For what it's worth I agree, this is a player that refused to play for the club after a bit of newspaper speculation, hardly anyone batted an eyelid on here.

Bowyer plucked him from the wilderness, rejuvenated his career and he jumped at the first opportunity, modern day footballers eh.

Don't let the door smack you on the way out Rudy.

I wish we could do it with everyone we buy tbh gav. For a club out of the Prem and with a measly few thousand supporters and even those effectively only willing to pay half price for their admission what exactly do you expect? If GB hadn't bought Rudy we'd have 30 odd goals less and be 6m lighter. Good on them both I say. It's disappointing I know but we are what we are.

Great business for Rovers making a seriously healthy profit in Gestede. Its the business plan we have to put up with. I don't have any issues with him leaving for that amount of cash.

Who will your "mate " replace with wazza lad .

The end is nigh

Let's blame the fans again

Wheelock Agnew Kean Moyes and Charlie Nicholas have so far why don't a few more...

It's not the fans it's Venky's and their management structure's

Venky's out Shaw Out and every other charlatan close the door on your way out.. The fans will still be here

• Backroom

No pressure? Have you seen our debts? There's more pressure than ever to get into the PL as that's the only remote chance we have of wiping out our debts and getting rid of Venky's in a fairly painless manner.

I wish we could do it with everyone we buy tbh gav. For a club out of the Prem and with a measly few thousand supporters and even those effectively only willing to pay half price for their admission what exactly do you expect? If GB hadn't bought Rudy we'd have 30 odd goals less and be 6m lighter. Good on them both I say. It's disappointing I know but we are what we are.

To be honest Gordon I think we've been in this position since Hughes was here.

John Williams said on many occasions we need to sell a player every couple of seasons to stay competitive and we did just that.

For some reason people are up in arms when Venkys say it, it's good business sense, but about 5yrs to late in Venkys terms.

• Backroom

For some reason people are up in arms when Venkys say it, it's good business sense, but about 5yrs to late in Venkys terms.

The difference is surely that back then we could reinvest in the squad, but now we can't, so a sale does absolutely nothing beyond weakening the team for the upcoming season. Yes it may help us get out of our embargo, but Venky's are the reason we're under an embargo in the first place.

With Rudy Cairney nzonzi and kings fees and the massive reduction in wages bill is there a chance we now meet ffp this season?

Wheelock saying in the LT today :

" It is believed that if Rovers were to sell both Rudy and Rhodes the embargo would be lifted "

I wonder if the club have had that officially confirmed or he's just guessing, like the rest of us.

No pressure? Have you seen our debts? There's more pressure than ever to get into the PL as that's the only remote chance we have of wiping out our debts and getting rid of Venky's in a fairly painless manner.

Ermm we all know that playoff spot is further away than ever

Archived