BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green should be on the fringes along with

Conner ....hope GB gives these 2 a little run this year .......

Filan being second fiddle to Damion Johnson is another strange decision .......

Why do you think that? Genuine question, to be honest I'm a little dubious about keepers coaching outfield players.

Unless Rovers have been told anything specific by the league we won't be out of FFP til next summer the earliest.

January will be decided by last years full accounts then next summer by the first half by of this current seasons accounts.

We will have to present accounts to the league in March 2016 that we are on track to make less then a 13m loss this season.

basing on us making a loss of 43M in 2013/2014

it was believed some clever accounting was made to bring forward losses (from lowering asset value of players) from 2014/2015 of around 10m, however has clearly not been enough to bring us down to the 6m allowed loss for 2014/2015.

however say the club was losing 33m a year back in 2013/2014 in real money back then. Since then we have lost 8m in parachute payments.

that would be 41m loss a year. if we have saved most of that 8m from the new sponsorship and reduced wages since 2013/14 then i do believe around 20m of player sales would get us back in line by next summer.

Or despite 20 mill in player sales the losses could still be huge whilst money continues to fly out of the club in all sorts of directions. We stay in debt and stay under embargo......just saying :rock:

Just like the Aussie winning mentality and he always came across as a hard worker and wanting to learn type .......

Plus a short manager looking up to a Tall assistant on the touch line looks strange :)

Green should be above Brown in the pecking order, from what i've seen he's quicker than King too.

Yeah totally agree. I heard someone on here say he's faster thn Walcott (not sure how reliable like)

Just like the Aussie winning mentality and he always came across as a hard worker and wanting to learn type .......

Plus a short manager looking up to a Tall assistant on the touch line looks strange :)

Ah yes, the Aussie winning mentality. I've been reminding my colleagues of that today.

@#/? hell his hair is massive

Thanks Rudy. Another made his name at our club, got too big for us and wanted out. Now let's watch him fade into obscurity like the rest of em.

Green should be on the fringes along with

Conner ....hope GB gives these 2 a little run this year .......

Filan being second fiddle to Damion Johnson is another strange decision .......

You know it's not gonna happen

So considered potentially good enough for them (in the same division as us next season) but not by us?

I really don't understand the relationship between our first team and our academy. Especially as GB came from that sort of background. It's like never the twain shall meet.

Got me very confused too. You'd think with where GB came from he'd be all over the young uns. Sadly even when we had the chance to give em a run out he hasn't just cameos really.

Or despite 20 mill in player sales the losses could still be huge whilst money continues to fly out of the club in all sorts of directions. We stay in debt and stay under embargo......just saying :rock:

Not disagreeing, just in reference to paul wheelock comment that we'd be out of the embargo if we sold them. While it may be possible the sales get us out of it for one season.

The earliest that would be is next summer

Not disagreeing, just in reference to paul wheelock comment that we'd be out of the embargo if we sold them. While it may be possible the sales get us out of it for one season.

The earliest that would be is next summer

You can get out earlier if you demonstrate that your taking the right steps to comply

My understanding was in December was judging 2014/2015 accounts. We won't be judged on this years accounts till the end of the season. I'll happily be proven wrong.

Edit. an little old before the rules changed a little last year. However mentions how the accounts for the previous year aren't reviewed till the december.

Leeds got out of their embargo because in March they proved that for the first 6 months of last season they were operating within FFP. (sold Ross McCormack for 12m the previous Summer)

http://www.danielgeey.com/football-league-financial-fair-play-domestic-league-regulation/

My understanding was in December was judging 2014/2015 accounts. We won't be judged on this years accounts till the end of the season. I'll happily be proven wrong.

Maybe it's what Yoda said, if you can demonstrate you're heading in the right direction ?

Perhaps that's what Leeds did ?

Mind you, I reckon if we did sell Rhodes we could be in serious trouble by January without his goals, so for me

we should try our best to keep him.

Werent Leeds given dispensation on that they had demonstrated a reduction in costs in order to attempt to try and comply with FFP?

Shaw should be negotiating with the league to say if we bring in 15m can we spend 2m to replace them.

Absolutely, but you can see why people would be angrier about it now than they were under JW and the Walker Trust. Obviously you also have to factor in that during the Walker Trust years we also always had a manager (Ince aside) who the fans thought could get the best out of their players even if we let bigger talents go. That's not so much the case now, which is another reason people are more upset about losing our best players.

Without Rhodes/Gestede last season I don't think we finish in the top 15.

Its all bun kum DE (why has bunk um been outlawed by the way, fook me get a grip admin)

We're operating in a different universe compared to then, run by idiots now that are thick as pig sh1t.

bunk-a-dowahdiddydiddydumdiddydoo = WFT? the admin have nowt else to do either, outlawing bun kum? really?

Werent Leeds given dispensation on that they had demonstrated a reduction in costs in order to attempt to try and comply with FFP?

Shaw should be negotiating with the league to say if we bring in 15m can we spend 2m to replace them.

How much have we brought in so far Rudy £6m, Cairney £3.5m, King £1.5m = £ 11m

Have I missed anyone ?

Sell Hanley and we've cracked it, maybe.

When you look at who is signing our players, we seriously underachieved last season with Bowyer and his team. What an opportunity it was.

Gestede fair enough. Cairney went to fulham? And Rhodes has been linked with one or two prem and championship clubs. Who else is there? Not a chance any of our defence would interest a premier league team and most of our midfield. Brighton and sheff Wednesday after Marshall, no bigger than us them two. Wednesday have money but can still see them struggling.

Flabbergasted we didn't do a loan as part of the gestede deal...

Good luck to Rudy he will do well in my opinion; was a good player for us and good for the team and fans and we were awesome for him... Can't blame him to want to play in the premier and earn significantly more... It's a short career

Archived