BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Any chance we will look at Sema or Sarpong now we can't get Kim?

Good shout though Bowyer said in the press publicly that we don't want them...

Looking at the squad if O'Sullivan is a real first teamer we probably have enough attacking midfielders/wingers without signing any more (5 - Conway, O'Sullivan, Marshall, Koita, Taylor). That said if there is someone clearly better (like Kim) than those players we should take them.

I'm more worried about goal scoring strikers, experienced centre backs and technically proficient cental midfielders.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shout though Bowyer said in the press publicly that we don't want them...

Looking at the squad if O'Sullivan is a real first teamer we probably have enough attacking midfielders/wingers without signing any more (5 - Conway, O'Sullivan, Marshall, Koita, Taylor). That said if there is someone clearly better (like Kim) than those players we should take them.

I'm more worried about goal scoring strikers, experienced centre backs and technically proficient cental midfielders.

For What it's worth I'm originally from Barnsley.

Spoke to a fans last year and they loved O'Sulivan, I really hope he doesn't turn out the way as o'connor got from Blackburn.

While it is annoying we didn't get KIm. if English talent are not able to get a look in the second division of the english game for foreign players what hope is there for the English (national) game.

Especially with a Grade 1 u21 squad who did so well last year can't get close to the first team squad while under embargo.

Although i think it could have been handled better so players like Austin and kim who had settled in England could at least see out their careers here if they wanted to. I believe the change is for the better.

Filan being second fiddle to Damion Johnson is another strange decision .......

Good point. Not too long ago a couple on here were singing Filan's praises, yet when Johnson was brought in, it was yet more heartening news in the great rebuilding process that Gaz is overseeing.

Good point. Not too long ago a couple on here were singing Filan's praises, yet when Johnson was brought in, it was yet more heartening news in the great rebuilding process that Gaz is overseeing.

More desperate stuff from Stu

Sorry to see him go but good luck to the lad. He deserves his chance in the Premier League and has the right sort of game to do well at that level. Can only wish him well.

He has his chance with Cardiff and fluffed it... Then we took him and made him the player he is... The best thing to happen to him was rovers and I hope he struggles at villa... I don't hope villa struggle cos I like them.

Sunderland is a very possible destination for Jordan after Wickham is gone. Although you might think Advocaat would find a cheaper alternative with his connections.

We need to bring in some premier league loanees (in the Michael Keane mould). I wonder if Alex Pritchard is available at Spurs, he was unbelievable for Brentford last season (so probably not) but we should be learning from moves like this. Boruc was a great signing for Bournemouth too (although big wages). Forget Delfouneso and Guthrie, their careers have declined. We need to get creative and help out the talented PL youngsters. There has to be some out there... Doneil Henry would be a good start if he has recovered.

John Bostock is rebuilding his career in Belgium. He'd be worth a look if available and keen to come back to England. Can't imagine his wages would be huge but depending on his contract situation I suppose there could be a fee which would scupper it.

Also agree about looking at Premier League loans. We're in a good place geographically to pick up talant from the north west. They wouldn't have to relocate and the parent club would be able to monitor progress closely.

Ask United to loan us Parreira, can't see him getting much game time. Also In defence , maybe McNair or Blackett? While they on the fringes, with LVG signing basically everybody that's available, their game time will be cut drastically.

The problem with Premier League loanees, as we saw with Sam Gallagher, is they still command a fee for 'borrowing' their player.

So it looks like we're scrapping around in the 'who can we get for free' bin. Hopefully GB can find a couple of gems somewhere, but I would guess they would be unknowns to most of us.

Then there's free transfers. Guthrie and Delfouneso are probably the best available with what's out there, as I doubt we'd go for Zamora, Cole or Garvan...

Or, we take a chance with players from Europe, with some half decent names still out there looking for a club:

Tommy Oar,23 - Australian Winger

Radoslaw Majewski,28 - Ex Forest midfielder

Richard Eckersley,26 - Ex ManU / Toronto RB

Collins John,29 - Ex Fulham striker

Whoever we get in now will be a risk, so lets just hope 2-3 can come good like the Samba's, N'Zonzi's and Gestede's before them.

It also means the likes of O'Sullivan, Henley, Duffy, Lenihan etc need to grab this opportunity and step up to being first regulars. Which, for me, makes it a very interest season to come now.

• Backroom

probably very true - Jake Kean was on £500k a year, Best £1.5m a year. The mind boggles.

£10k a week for a goalkeeper who couldn't pick up a stationary ball without fumbling it... incredible.

If its true that Rhodes has spoke to venkys about leaving and he stated he doesn't get on with bowyer then I'm wondering how they may have reacted to that.

Venkys clearly hold Rhodes in high regard

Haha who on earth has said that they don't get on? Amazing how much people try to engineer things to fit their own perceptions!!

Jordan's a top lad...has had his head turned a little but would knuckle down and do what he does best if Venkys refuse to sell.

No issue AT ALL with any of the coaches or the manager.

£10k a week for a goalkeeper who couldn't pick up a stationary ball without fumbling it... incredible.

Not saying its right that Jake Kean should have been on £10 K a week but unfortunately that seems to be the going rate or more for Championship players these days.

A good indication of this is just how difficult we are finding it to attract players to Rovers with the lure of £10 K. Hardly kicking doors down to join us ?

£10K seems to be the very low end of Championship wages so no real surprise.

Archived