BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Not saying its right that Jake Kean should have been on £10 K a week but unfortunately that seems to be the going rate or more for Championship players these days.

A good indication of this is just how difficult we are finding it to attract players to Rovers with the lure of £10 K. Hardly kicking doors down to join us ?

£10K seems to be the very low end of Championship wages so no real surprise.

It definitely isn't the going rate for a player barely out of the youth team at the time the contract was signed.

Haha who on earth has said that they don't get on? Amazing how much people try to engineer things to fit their own perceptions!!

Jordan's a top lad...has had his head turned a little but would knuckle down and do what he does best if Venkys refuse to sell.

No issue AT ALL with any of the coaches or the manager.

Said short's mate

I wonder if we could get Carlton Cole. I know wages could be a major problem but might be worth a try.

Fairly good replacement for Gestede

His goal for games ratio in the last few years is pretty appalling (1 in 5), and even in his prime when he was called up by England he was averaging 1 in 4.

We need someone who gets over 1 in 3 imo, near to 1 in 2 ideally. I would rather someone with those stats from the championship or League 1 than a "name" with worse stats in the prem.

The theory is that mediocre prem strikers stepping down a division will score loads of goals. Virtually never happens.

Far more likely of success imo is a high scorer in League 1 stepping up.

Haha who on earth has said that they don't get on?

Words straight out of David Dunn's mouth only a week ago, then another person said they'd heard the same thing from Rhodes. I think the actual phrase was "they don't see eye to eye".

Words straight out of David Dunn's mouth only a week ago, then another person said they'd heard the same thing from Rhodes. I think the actual phrase was "they don't see eye to eye".

Not surprising really ?

Play for the team yes but they re strikers contesting to play in that position. As Henry once said yeah your fellow strikers are team mates but also someone who will be out to stop you from playing week in week out because they want to play.You want the team to do well but sometimes not certain players.

Cole and Sheringham ..?

Not surprising really ?

Not at all, seeing peoples reactions is pretty funny when it suits their agenda... They're human beings and I'm sure this is the case at many football clubs. End of the day, he want's to go, his relationship with the manager isn't the best and we need the cash and although we can't replace him we should probably just get rid now.

Before the sales of Cairney and Gestede I'd have definitely said keep him but now any chance of promotion is totally out of the question... We should sell but only after some quality is brought in (somehow) on loan etc...

I was in agreement with those saying just keep him but now if he has a poor season then we could end up being 12 million out of pocket and still left under embargo with a player who's not performing.

does degsy not need shouting at ?

Most of us don't know for a fact.

Some have said he is on the take - but most have no clue if that's true. Thinking about it, with Best going he has overseen all the crap players on high wages being shipped out of the club.

Some have said he is on the take - but most have no clue if that's true. Thinking about it, with Best going he has overseen all the crap players on high wages being shipped out of the club.

Head-In-The-Sand-Debt-Management-300x225

Not surprising really ?

Play for the team yes but they re strikers contesting to play in that position. As Henry once said yeah your fellow strikers are team mates but also someone who will be out to stop you from playing week in week out because they want to play.You want the team to do well but sometimes not certain players.

Cole and Sheringham ..?

what you on about.

it was rhodes an bowyer that dont see eye to eye, (according to dunny)

Head-In-The-Sand-Debt-Management-300x225

Well how can I argue with such a factual and comprehensive post :)

He helped bring in and signed off plenty of them coming in though. Your not really thinking that hard pal !

Archived