BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

If we could sell Rhodes and get a decent forward like Grabban for a few mill then that would be perfic.

His goal scoring record is good to be fair. Would surely be going back to Bolton though?

Apparently Bolton out of the running according to this

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13524332.Le_Fondre_on_verge_of_Cardiff_City_exit/

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam le fondre would be a good signing but we would have to pay a fee so don't know how that's going to work out. I'd prefer someone a bit taller and stronger as well. Le fondre would be 5'8 max and doesn't have the strength to hold off defenders. A poor man's rhodes minus the consistency and height.

Can imagine the convo between Rhodes and Bowyer:

JR: My game is stifled when the ball is always hoofed in the air and I have a 6'4 defender up my arse.

GB: Just give it a right good go.

JR: It hinders the way I and the team play though.

GB: We've got an honest bunch of young lads here who are doing ever so well.

JR: :angry2:

GB: Magnificent.

Brilliant post.

I would also add:

JR: I score, and you keep dropping me for that lummox Brown/ to give him a run out.

My understanding was that it was a mutually agreed cancelled contract.

Could also be a loan deal with a guarantee to purchase in January of which we would be out of the embargo. I do worry Sheffield Wednesday will be able to offer more money than us now though as they have a new chairman who is looking to spend big

Lads....very excited about the potential of signing Le Fondre..did a great job for Bolton last season. I watched him on several occasions for them and the guy just never seemed to miss...

Is that one looking likely?

I think he had a bad injury at some point in his career that put the brakes on his progress.

Just had a look on wiki.

Very promising early in his career 32 goals in 59 appearances for Crewe 2005/8 and 45 in 124 for Bristol City 2008/12

Since then though his career appears to have been in constant decline only 8 goals in 3 years for West Ham Cardiff and Wigan on loan respectively. You are however right in saying he suffered a torn cruciate ligament injury whilst at Cardiff.

I'd steer well clear personally which probably means we'll sign him.

Lads....very excited about the potential of signing Le Fondre..did a great job for Bolton last season. I watched him on several occasions for them and the guy just never seemed to miss...

Yes I'm sure your mate bowyer told you to say that

Archived