BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Attacking options of Le Fondre, Maynard, Delfounso and Koita would be decent given the circus we are dealing in

Rhodes, Le Fondre, Koita and Delfounso would look a lot better although I can't see how we've any chance of Le Fondre unless we come out of embargo.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy who has connections to the coaching staff says not. What issues are you suggesting and what is the basis for your suggestions?

The basis is that he and Gestede seemed to enjoy a good working relationship on the pitch, whilst Rhodes looked rather disgruntled towards the backend of the season. His body language looked like a guy not enjoying his football..

It's speculation to an extent but I'd say it's far more likely that this was due to him being upset with conditions at the club, than due to grievances with his striking partner. It's why he's spoke to the media about a move, despite knowing full well his supposed archenemy Gestede is leaving a Rovers.

Anyone would think that the Football League were trying to tempt us to sell Rhodes.

Now changing their own rules to give us added temptation to cash in if the embargo is lifted immediately.

I wonder what forces are at work here.

Exactly what I was thinking. Such an arbitrary rule. Town clubs like Rovers or Bolton can't have players like Rhodes banging the goals in. FFP dictates that only city clubs like Wednesday and Forest can - then everyone can shrug and point to attendances and population.

FL OUT!

Exactly what I was thinking. Such an arbitrary rule. Town clubs like Rovers or Bolton can't have players like Rhodes banging the goals in. FFP dictates that only city clubs like Wednesday and Forest can - then everyone can shrug and point to attendances and population.

FL OUT!

Sell Rhodes for 12m and bring in a replacement for 20m. that would show them :tu:

Hearing ALF is working with Rovers to buy his contract out and hopefully they can work something out ...

Rovers like going to the same watering Hole think it's the Johnson link .....

Currently on 18k and Cardif want a fee but also want him off there books

He keeps turning down offers from all southern clubs......

Travelling on the M6 takes its toll but how much ! Lol

Hearing ALF is working with Rovers to buy his contract out and hopefully they can work something out ...

Thanks unleaded.

ALF would be an unbelievably good signing in our current situation imo.

If we could get him I'd stick with Him /Rhodes as first choice and Koita/Browmn as back up and stop bothering with rubbish like Delfy and Maynard unless one of them is a replacement for Brown who is just as bad if not worse.

Personally, I would sell Rhodes if we had LeFondre in the bag and were out of FFP to move for some cash signings.

Personally, I would sell Rhodes if we had LeFondre in the bag and were out of FFP to move for some cash signings.

So would I.

We need to be in a position to pay fees when the Premier League teams send players on loan etc. Rhodes has been an excellent servant, if a Prem team wanted him at the right price, I'd let him go. He can't stay injury free forever.

So would I.

We need to be in a position to pay fees when the Premier League teams send players on loan etc. Rhodes has been an excellent servant, if a Prem team wanted him at the right price, I'd let him go. He can't stay injury free forever.

Some players do like Pedersen.

Bad example as he permanently lost his form almost overnight anyway. I'll get me coat.

Does this mean we'll accept less for Rhodes ?? Maybe Mercerman was right after all he did say we'd take less for Rudy. Shelf has primed us for another sale so they may take what's on the table for Rhodes now. That'd be a rare result for the Merce :o

Le Fondre sounds like a Rhodes replacement to me. Don't see how we can give him/Cardiff what they want without selling Rhodes.

I'd be open to selling Rhodes if we got Le Fondre, cleared FFP and had 5m to spend. So confused by FFP...

That's what I was thinking, Le fondre will score goals, not as many as rhodes but if it meant we had money to spend and strengthened maybe we'd be better off? Think we'd try bring in another striker in the Target man mould if this happened and not sure what other positions. The rules of FFP really are bewildering

Le Fondre sounds like a Rhodes replacement to me. Don't see how we can give him/Cardiff what they want without selling Rhodes.

I'd be open to selling Rhodes if we got Le Fondre, cleared FFP and had 5m to spend. So confused by FFP...

Looks like the way round it will to be for Le Fondre and Rovers to buy out his contract at Cardiff.

Looks like the way round it will to be for Le Fondre and Rovers to buy out his contract at Cardiff.

If that's the case, Le fondre and Rhodes but stay in a transfer embargo for the foreseeable future. OR sell rhodes and get out of embargo immediately and buy Le Fondre plus another couple of bodies as we'd be able to spend again. Not sure which I'd prefer.

Archived