BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Looks like the way round it will to be for Le Fondre and Rovers to buy out his contract at Cardiff.

If that's a loop hole its a bloody massive one. How does buying our a contract work and how is it any different to paying a transfer fee if another club is paying it?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's the case, Le fondre and Rhodes but stay in a transfer embargo for the foreseeable future. OR sell rhodes and get out of embargo immediately and buy Le Fondre plus another couple of bodies as we'd be able to spend again. Not sure which I'd prefer.

ALF would cushion the blow of losing Rhodes if he were to leave. I would class Le Fondre as one of the top five strikers in the championship.

If that's a loop hole its a bloody massive one. How does buying our a contract work and how is it any different to paying a transfer fee if another club is paying it?

It's different because technically the player would be buying out his own contract. In reality, it's likely we would be putting funds behind ALF to help him do this.

Another snippet, Furman is currently on trial at Bury.

If we were somehow able to sign ALF we still need to keep Rhodes imo. Massive gamble, if Rhodes were sold then ALF were to get injured we'd be completely screwed again.

More to the point, how come anyone at the Club is suddenly displaying some ingenuity and thinking outside the box?

ALF would cushion the blow of losing Rhodes if he were to leave. I would class Le Fondre as one of the top five strikers in the championship.

It's different because technically the player would be buying out his own contract. In reality, it's likely we would be putting funds behind ALF to help him do this.

Could we get around by Bilaji paying Le Fondre a few million to wash a dozen of his cars...then Le Fondre could use his bob a job money to buy out his contract? Through gratitude to such a stand up guy, he could then whip on the Rovers shirt for 10k a week?

If we were somehow able to sign ALF we still need to keep Rhodes imo. Massive gamble, if Rhodes were sold then ALF were to get injured we'd be completely screwed

But if Rhodes was sold and we were out of an embargo and brought ALF in, I think we'd get another striker in as well. Still though, it's a risk. If we get offered 10m+ for rhodes upfront now knowing it would take us out of an embargo I think he'd be on his way. Maybe even for a tad less than that.

Jake Kean has his contract mutually terminated by Rovers with a 300 grand payoff, then signs for Norwich the next day on a free? Confused.com

Norwich have been sniffing around him for a while, surely we could have either got a couple of hundred grand, or at the very least not had to pay him a payoff knowing full well Norwich were waiting in the wings?, or am I missing something?

If that's the case, Le fondre and Rhodes but stay in a transfer embargo for the foreseeable future. OR sell rhodes and get out of embargo immediately and buy Le Fondre plus another couple of bodies as we'd be able to spend again. Not sure which I'd prefer.

Another 2 consolations with Rhodes going are that he wants out, and has a huge wage which we would then be free of.

If a prem club came in with an offer over 10m up front for Rhodes it may be worth a gamble.

My understanding was that it was a mutually agreed cancelled contract.

...which implies that we paid him some part of the salary that was left on his contract. Why not just arrange a transfer with Norwich, waive the fee, and get the same result without giving Kean any money?

Does this mean we'll accept less for Rhodes ?? Maybe Mercerman was right after all he did say we'd take less for Rudy. Shelf has primed us for another sale so they may take what's on the table for Rhodes now. That'd be a rare result for the Merce :o

I must have missed something - I thought we got a total of £8m for Gestede - (incl £2m in guaranteed add-ons) ? If anything it was the exact opposite of what Mercerman was saying as he said not only would we accept less but it would have to be all up front.

The thought of perming 1 or 2 strikers from Brown, Koita, Delfy and Maynard fills me with dread.

IMV, League 2 standard at best.

Koita is tall and strong. Did ok today but IMV will improve under Bowyer just like Gestede did.

Delfy is ok and not bad as 3rd/4th striker. Not outstanding but can play 2 positions. Up front and wide. Give you options

Koita is tall and strong. Did ok today but IMV will improve under Bowyer just like Gestede did.

Delfy is ok and not bad as 3rd/4th striker. Not outstanding but can play 2 positions. Up front and wide. Give you options

Koita - what did he do that any half decent amateur can't ?

Delfy - as I said, you can see better at Pleasington on a Saturday or Sunday.

Any fan who 'sexes' these two up really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

pushing it for time though if we want to sell Rhodes for a good price, get the embargo removed(a lot of red tape and paperwork there that needs signing I imagine, which isn't our current board/owners strong suit) whilst expecting le Fondre to hold fire while this is all happening

Very unfair comments on Koita. He hold the ball up well. Make 2 or 3 good runs off the ball..

More to come from this guy.

But as per usual you are negative as always.

I will say this again in plain English, Mercerman did you go today, I did, therefore i think my judgment is Faaarrr more valid than yours if you did not attend, further more Gestede was sold for 6m with a guaranteed 2m add ons Kamy has stated that, i know who i trust, So did you go today if not then you have no right to judge a player you have never seen. simples really

Agree that the comments on Koita are very unfair.

Took a few long balls down very well and didn't lose the ball once whilst he was on, laid a few nice passes off, Rhodes failed miserably doing this first half.

Didn't have any service so can't comment on that aspect of his game, he had a go at Marshall for not putting a cross in after he'd made a good run at one point, seems hungry and worthy of a chance. Did everything he could do in half an hour well imo.

I really don't think Gestede will be anywhere near as effective in the prem, In twelve months time we are likely to be grinning whilst thinking about how much he was sold for.

or it could be the total opposite :(

Well remember we have a 25% sell on clause so if he is off to Real for 85 million we will also be grinning!

I will say this again in plain English, Mercerman did you go today, I did, therefore i think my judgment is Faaarrr more valid than yours if you did not attend, further more Gestede was sold for 6m with a guaranteed 2m add ons Kamy has stated that, i know who i trust, So did you go today if not then you have no right to judge a player you have never seen. simples really

Yes I did go as you will have noticed if you read the match thread.

Apart from Kamy, not one single report has mentioned anything other than £6million including the Birmingham press. I wonder why ?

Well remember we have a 25% sell on clause so if he is off to Real for 85 million we will also be grinning!

Have we? Where's that come from?

Archived