BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

I agree with that which is why Imo we need to keep Rhodes and bring in Le Fondre as the Gestede replacement.

Koita could be a really good back up who would keep the front two on their toes. I wouldn't give you tuppence for any of Brown Maynard or Delft but if they're only 4th choice hopefully that wouldn't be crucial.

Brown,although useless does I suppose offer a different option to the others.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I did go as you will have noticed if you read the match thread.

Apart from Kamy, not one single report has mentioned anything other than £6million including the Birmingham press. I wonder why ?

I thought the official line was 'undisclosed fee'.

Yes I did go as you will have noticed if you read the match thread.

Apart from Kamy, not one single report has mentioned anything other than £6million including the Birmingham press. I wonder why ?

He has seen the document and the details are very precise, how much and when. No reason to doubt him.

Most of us don't know for a fact.

Some have said he is on the take - but most have no clue if that's true. Thinking about it, with Best going he has overseen all the crap players on high wages being shipped out of the club.

I don't think he's on the take I think he's on the gravy train, completely out of his depth, proven to be inept in court and brought in as an Agnew stooge and he didn't do that properly!

They're bloody idiots our owners but they never get shafted on a deal for an outgoing player, I think Kamys probably right on this one, 8m with 2m in add on's, do you think it's a straight 6 mercer?

Document detailing the additional 4 payments of 500k. First one being made in June 2016.

So what are you saying, Shaw is running around flapping the contract under the nose of anyone he speaks too?

How professional, glad he's negotiating the deals, he must have been particularly pleased with himself this time.

Do we know a 'name' would have done any better in the same circumstances? Would the basket case we were when Bowyer got the gig have been a suitable club for an inexperienced up and comer?

Some short memories and a lack of gratitude on here but it's all been said before. There's a specific thread to whine about Gary Bowyer on.

Nothing is certain but I'd imagine yes they would. Getting nowhere near playoffs having bought your own team in with that much quality is pretty poor imo.

Incidentally after a week's hols with no internet coming back to find Gedtede gone, Rhodes wanting out and Rovers shopping at crapstrikers.com really brought home we're entering a new low period even for us.

With this talk of the embargo being lifted, I can't see Guthrie signing over the next few days. Would you accept 10k per week if the club were intimating they might be able to pay more very soon? Might have been an idea to keep that nugget under our hat until he signed on the dotted line.

With this talk of the embargo being lifted, I can't see Guthrie signing over the next few days. Would you accept 10k per week if the club were intimating they might be able to pay more very soon? Might have been an idea to keep that nugget under our hat until he signed on the dotted line.

Or maybe they have agreed to renegotiate his contract as soon as the embargo is lifted.

Although it would have been difficult to keep Rudy, it seems that if we only need to sell another player for £6mill to lift the embargo, selling Rhodes for £12m and shifting his high wages would have also lifted it, without needing to sell Rudy at all?

He would have kicked off but ultimately, when have Venkys ever listened to anyone.

Now we have to sell both.

Words straight out of David Dunn's mouth only a week ago, then another person said they'd heard the same thing from Rhodes. I think the actual phrase was "they don't see eye to eye".

The exact thing I was told off a certain Ewood Employee

Although it would have been difficult to keep Rudy, it seems that if we only need to sell another player for £6mill to lift the embargo, selling Rhodes for £12m and shifting his high wages would have also lifted it, without needing to sell Rudy at all?

He would have kicked off but ultimately, when have Venkys ever listened to anyone.

Now we have to sell both.

One problem with that is that we don't keep all the money if we sell Rhodes - Huddersfield get some.

I think another factor is selling him to a club in the same division

Rumours that Celtic have had a bid accepted for Le Fondre... Not sure how accurate, like I said... Just rumours.

Tbf would of been a good one for us but can see him commanding more than a poultry 10k

Koita - what did he do that any half decent amateur can't ?

Delfy - as I said, you can see better at Pleasington on a Saturday or Sunday.

Any fan who 'sexes' these two up really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Any fan who writes off Koita after seeing him play the last 30 minutes of a preseason friendly is not being at all reasonable.

If he had been awful maybe I could understand, he didn't get much chance to impress but he looked alright, far, far too early to judge. It was not only a friendly but also the period when quite a few substitutions were being made. He's big and strong, a decent touch and a reasonable pedigree in Ligue 1 not league one.

Delfy was nowhere near that bad either, exaggeration does your point no favours. I wouldn't be particularly in favour of signing him either but I thought he did okay today, though I don't really think he's a winger. Maynard certainly didn't look like one and I thought Del was an improvement.

Definitely. Especially given that our position being known weakens our hand with Boro re: Rhodes.

Definitely. Especially given that our position being known weakens our hand with Boro re: Rhodes.

Dunno, it would have been clearly outlined to him before hand that this is what we can offer to you, it's not like he's in a position to command what he wants... Being so close to the start of the season and out of work... As a pro footballer he's losing money at the moment.

Archived