BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cmon 1864, we have failed to address the defensive issues for a long time now. Certain things you can try an rectify, others its up to the players to sort out. Conceding goals at set pieces, that's between the players on the day, and who picks up who.

At the end of the day, sorting out the defense is alot easier, than sorting out a striker who cannot score goals. We will concede goals, but can we then expect Brown and Delfy to get up back in it when we go 1 or 2 nil down?

1864 is right on this one Iceman. Its alright saying it's easier to sort out the defence, but the fact is it hasn't been easy to sort out the defence. There's a lot of posters who won't agree with this - but the strikers contribute a lot to not conceding goals, through getting hold of the ball, keeping moves going and denying the other side any kind of momentum. If we can't keep possession, we'll concede goals all the time. Not true? It's what's been happening for quite a while now.

We have to start from the defensive side of things, we have to have a solid foundation. For that, EVERYONE in the team has to contribute.

Because we've got 3 better keepers and it opens up another squad place

Would Steeley and Easty get a contract at Norwich

Kean is 3rd choice there and only signed him because their let 3rd choice keeper out on loan to play

some games cos he only 18/19(i think)

I'll have a little wager Kean plays in the Norwich First team this season

Understand your point but disagree with your conclusion. Think we have a better chance at promotion with an improved midfield/defence than with Rhodes alone. Also think that we have a better chance of earning money on player sales if we can recruit with (small) fees meaning we stay out of ffp. Meaning we can (hopefully) challenge for promotion every year without increasing overall debt as i think we both agree that only promotion can make inroads on that Mountain.

No worries and i respect your view that Rhodes is a valuable asset to the team.

We will likely still retain Hanley in defence and Lowe in the middle no matter who is signed if money is available. We will still adopt the same style of play infact the only time the formation seems to change a bit is when someone needs accommodating. These things will hold us back.

IF Kamy has seen the document then he's a fool for disclosing it and heads need to roll within Rovers' senior management - this could be construed as gross misconduct and it's crass stupidity.

The info came from the Pune end he said.

We will likely still retain Hanley in defence and Lowe in the middle no matter who is signed if money is available. We will still adopt the same style of play infact the only time the formation seems to change a bit is when someone needs accommodating. These things will hold us back.

The info came from the Pune end he said.

Seems very strange that extras reported nowhere !

You could be mischievous and suggest that the Pune understanding of the deal is not what actually happened ! Hasn't that happened before ?

Not sure if it was mentioned Paul wheelock was on talk sport this evening. Mentioned how selling Rhodes would take us out of embargo immediately. He doesn't think we'll sell Rhodes to Middlesbrough and how it may be best for us to sell him so we can cut our losses and start again.

Changes his mind like the weather that one, he was against it a few weeks back!

You could be mischievous and suggest that the Pune understanding of the deal is not what actually happened ! Hasn't that happened before ?

Has Rhodes gone yet?

Hey! Perhaps Tomlinson was that u21 player who the Premier League clubs are going to take off us for nowt? Maybe that story will brake before the end of the weekend?

Think Wheelock is a yes man with no independence of thought who does what Rovers tell him.

Must have studied history at university as history is all he writes about.

How does keeping a player on £40-£50k a week sit with your aim of 'clearing the overall debt'?

Also 'the debt' and embargo aside, it cant be good for team morale when there's 1 player at the club reportedly earning at least 4 times what eveybody else earns.

They're thick, no doubt about that, but they're not that thick, they'll know the deal that was agreed because they'll probably sign off on it.

Has Rhodes gone yet?

Hey! Perhaps Tomlinson was that u21 player who the Premier League clubs are going to take off us for nowt? Maybe that story will brake before the end of the weekend?

Crawl back under your stone.

You have nothing constructive to say and seem to fill your life by needlessly trying to irritate others.

I really think you are a simpleton.

He has a little microphone in his pocket where he repeats what Mrs d tells him from her oldbat cave in pune

You have nothing constructive to say and seem to fill your life by needlessly trying to irritate others.

Hear hear

I think when he jumped out of his kangaroo pouch he must have hit his head on the way down

Do you have any evidence that Kamy is wrong? All because the certain media havent reported doesnt mean it is not true.

1864 is right on this one Iceman. Its alright saying it's easier to sort out the defence, but the fact is it hasn't been easy to sort out the defence. There's a lot of posters who won't agree with this - but the strikers contribute a lot to not conceding goals, through getting hold of the ball, keeping moves going and denying the other side any kind of momentum. If we can't keep possession, we'll concede goals all the time. Not true? It's what's been happening for quite a while now.

We have to start from the defensive side of things, we have to have a solid foundation. For that, EVERYONE in the team has to contribute.

Again I disagree Den, not because what you say is right or wrong, but unless Bowyer drops Hanley, we will struggle alot in defense.

I disagree with strikers having to defend as well, its not their job to do that. It's the defense and midfield that have to sort that out amongst themselves, because if you have a striker tracking back to defend, then who is putting the ball in the back of the net?

Again, our defensive failures have been with us for a while now, even before Bowyer and Kean was in charge. Fact is, if we concede goals, without a decent striker, we will struggle on both ends. So why give up a quality striker for a short term gain?

He has a little microphone in his pocket where he repeats what Mrs d tells him from her oldbat cave in pune

Hear hear

I think when he jumped out of his kangaroo pouch he must have hit his head on the way down

Hold on, let's get our roles sorted out here. Aren't I supposed to be stalking you?

If we were somehow able to sign ALF we still need to keep Rhodes imo. Massive gamble, if Rhodes were sold then ALF were to get injured we'd be completely screwed again.

More to the point, how come anyone at the Club is suddenly displaying some ingenuity and thinking outside the box?

1. lack of constraints caused by the shackles imposed by Steve Keans dead legs.

2. Needs must.

Do you have any evidence that Kamy is wrong? All because the certain media havent reported doesnt mean it is not true.

No media has reported it ! Strange, very strange.

Also 'the debt' and embargo aside, it cant be good for team morale when there's 1 player at the club reportedly earning at least 4 times what eveybody else earns.

He is one player, that deserves the wage. Those like Best etc, they didn't deserve that. It's not Jordan's fault, that management and owners have messed things up, so if the morale is low with the other players, then they need to stand up and voice their concern

No, I simply want to expose you as the attention seeking charlatan that you are.

Still no answer then? Surprise, surprise.

Nobody wants to see a goal scorer of Rhodes' calibre leave but Wheelock is talking sense in my opinion. However, we should not be strengthening Championship clubs.

If he goes to he Premier League then good luck to him.

If it goes through I don't class losing Bamford and replacing him with Rhodes as 'strengthening'.

Archived