BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Whilst we need strikers, we seem to be going from one extreme to the other. There doesn't seem to be a coherent plan. We already have Brown (yes, I know he is hardly classed as a striker)and have just signed this French lad, surely we only need 2 more at most ( assuming Rhodes goes). If we sign ALF, Delfouneso, Maynard and Robinson that would be 6 strikers (excluding Rhodes). If he is only playing one up front, it is a very scattergun approach.

I don't see what he is trying to do here!

We seem to have a space for a pacy left footed winger - is there one of those on the horizon? or a midfield leader?

I think the theory is that many of them can either play up front or on the wing - though I agree we don't need them all.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the theory is that many of them can either play up front or on the wing - though I agree we don't need them all.

I would love to see us play with 3 out the front 4 having genuine pace in a 4-2-3-1. Robinson would fit in this system - not sure any of the others would. 'Delfy' seems prepared to run the channels but doesn't seem comfortable as a winger ditto Maynard if comments from yesterday are anything to go by. A shame that the lad from Palace - Gayle - could not be loaned as he would have made a great replacement for Rhodes.

Whilst we need strikers, we seem to be going from one extreme to the other. There doesn't seem to be a coherent plan. We already have Brown (yes, I know he is hardly classed as a striker)and have just signed this French lad, surely we only need 2 more at most ( assuming Rhodes goes). If we sign ALF, Delfouneso, Maynard and Robinson that would be 6 strikers (excluding Rhodes). If he is only playing one up front, it is a very scattergun approach.

I don't see what he is trying to do here!

We seem to have a space for a pacy left footed winger - is there one of those on the horizon? or a midfield leader?

We've lost Dunn, Varney, King, Cairney, and Gestede who are all forward thinking players. Plus, Brown is rubbish/injury prone.

Koita replaces King, ALF replaces Gestede, Delfouneso replaces Varney, Guthrie replaces Cairney, Petschi replaces Spearing, Robinson replaces Dunn.

Koita, ALF, and Delfouneso can all play wide in a front three.

We've lost Dunn, Varney, King, Cairney, and Gestede who are all forward thinking players. Plus, Brown is rubbish/injury prone.

Koita replaces King, ALF replaces Gestede, Delfouneso replaces Varney, Guthrie replaces Cairney, Petschi replaces Spearing, Robinson replaces Dunn.

Koita, ALF, and Delfouneso can all play wide in a front three.

We need to be bringing in players that are a step up on what we have - or what we have lost - or more importantly fit into a system. It just seems like we will see another season of tinkering if we go down this route of players who can play here and there.

Or maybe just that the surprise development of Raya makes him better at the moment?

So he's a better Championship standard keeper now than someone who's played how many games at this level, how is this exactly ?

So he's a better Championship standard keeper now than someone who's played how many games at this level, how is this exactly ?

Raya's development has come as a pleasant surprise hasn't it? Wasnt Raya on loan at Southport when Steele signed? Should his development be ignored? As Parsonblue pointed out it is similar to the Given situation a few years back. We ended up losing him.

Raya's development has come as a pleasant surprise hasn't it? Wasnt Raya on loan at Southport when Steele signed? Should his development be ignored? As Parsonblue pointed out it is similar to the Given situation a few years back. We ended up losing him.

You'd think the best way would be promote him to number 2 and loan out Easty, save a few quid. Let him play in the cups and if the season is petering out about March but we are safe then get him in. If he's done ok he can start next season as no 1. If Steele has a good season they might get a nice fee in for him. Natural progression.

Makes a farce of what they did with the keepers last season and the money wasted. Lets not forget what happened to Kean, why risk throwing points away ?

Archived