BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

It is believe that we are looking to sign ALF on loan with view to buy him for 1.2 million next summer. Thats was mention on here yesterday.

On formation, we have played 4-2-3-1 formation all pre season so I dont see Bowyer changing that tbf as his starting fornation. I think 4-4-2 will be plan B IMO

It's a massive coup signing someone of the quality of ALF, especially under our restrictions. One of the top 5 strikers in the lge. Guarantees goals.

It is believe that we are looking to sign ALF on loan with view to buy him for 1.2 million next summer. Thats was mention on here yesterday.

On formation, we have played 4-2-3-1 formation all pre season so I dont see Bowyer changing that tbf as his starting fornation. I think 4-4-2 will be plan B IMO

It's a massive coup signing someone of the quality of ALF, especially under our restrictions. One of the top 5 strikers in the lge. Guarantees goals.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If we could somehow get Adam Le Fondre and partner him upfront with Jordan Rhodes, that HAS to be the strongest strike partnership in the league in terms of goals.

We have a half decent midfield in Marshall, Guthrie, Lowe & Conway. The defence is lacking but there is no reason why we can't push for the playoffs with that side, surely?

So excited he said it twice

If we could somehow get Adam Le Fondre and partner him upfront with Jordan Rhodes, that HAS to be the strongest strike partnership in the league in terms of goals.

We have a half decent midfield in Marshall, Guthrie, Lowe & Conway. The defence is lacking but there is no reason why we can't push for the playoffs with that side, surely?

I can think of one. Quite an important one.

Bowyer on Le Fondre (to give him his none childish name)

"Adam was on loan at Bolton and now hes still a Cardiff player so, at this moment in time, theres nothing in that from our end"

So no interests in Cardiffs latest reject?

But does Bowyer want to play 4-4-2 from the start of the game? Have we played that way in pre season? It appears Bowyer to play a more 4-2-3-1 formation with us keep possension more.

It's a tricky one, if he's going to be number one then he should be backed fully and not dropped when he makes a mistake I think - absolutely.

One thing I don't particularly like about him is he fancies himself a bit too much on the ball, seen a clip of a goal he gave away in the reserves trying to do too much. Now and again it's ok but it's asking for trouble. - spot on. This was in evidence on Saturday, particularly first half and I flagged in my comments on match.

Steele and Eastwood are both decent shot stoppers, both of them have a fair claim to the shirt but neither have done enough to own it outright

I would start with Raya as number one. He has a confidence and self assurance about himself that are essential for top goalies. He could develop into a top, top talent. Clubs like Rovers have to go with such potential and not stifle or hold it back.

"We have a half decent midfield". "the defence is lacking"

"No reason why we can't push for the playoffs"

Does not compute.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Derek Shaw had negotiated some kind of deal with the Football League.

I.e. IF we sell Rhodes for £11-12 million and get his £30k+ wages off the books, combined with the other sales this summer, then the league would allow us to sign Le Fondre as a replacement, as he will be on much less than Rhodes and whatever fee Cardiff want will be very small in comparison.

I imagine that Shaw has attempted to reach this agreement so that he can try and persuade people to sell Rhodes. He, and many others, would probably consider swapping Rhodes for Le Fondre, whilst knocking £20k a week off wages and pocketing £11 million is very good business.

Otherwise I just can't see it happening, although I would love to be proved wrong as I would love to see Le Fondre and Rhodes together up front. The reason I can't see it happening is that Bowyer at this stage needs to replace Gestede/King. For that he needs pace, power and height, none of which Le Fondre is known for. It would only really make sense if he was coming in to replace Rhodes or if Bowyer was suddenly planning on changing his approach drastically from last season which was heavily reliant on long balls and aerial threat.

• Backroom

To be honest I myself feel swapping Rhodes for Le Fondre, £11m and £20k off the wage bill WOULD be good business.

If we can't bring anyone in then letting Rhodes go is bad on a football level but if we could do the above and get out of the embargo it would have to be done IMO

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Derek Shaw had negotiated some kind of deal with the Football League.

I.e. IF we sell Rhodes for £11-12 million and get his £30k+ wages off the books, combined with the other sales this summer, then the league would allow us to sign Le Fondre as a replacement, as he will be on much less than Rhodes and whatever fee Cardiff want will be very small in comparison.

I imagine that Shaw has attempted to reach this agreement so that he can try and persuade people to sell Rhodes. He, and many others, would probably consider swapping Rhodes for Le Fondre, whilst knocking £20k a week off wages and pocketing £11 million is very good business.

Otherwise I just can't see it happening, although I would love to be proved wrong as I would love to see Le Fondre and Rhodes together up front. The reason I can't see it happening is that Bowyer at this stage needs to replace Gestede/King. For that he needs pace, power and height, none of which Le Fondre is known for. It would only really make sense if he was coming in to replace Rhodes or if Bowyer was suddenly planning on changing his approach drastically from last season which was heavily reliant on long balls and aerial threat.

Could poss be that following legal advice the FL are viewing QPR's challenge with a level of trepidation and are getting cold feet about having so many other clubs under embargo. 'Where there's a blame there's a claim'.?

Might help a little to balance the books if we could shift a few thousand more ST's and associated merchandise.

Could poss be that following legal advice the FL are viewing QPR's challenge with a level of trepidation and are getting cold feet about having so many other clubs under embargo. 'Where there's a blame there's a claim'.?

I think that if the League were confident of defeating QPR's challenge then it would have been done by now. The fact that we're now into August when the appeal was meant to be dealt with in June and we've had no news of the outcome suggests to me that the League know they are struggling here and are now delaying things. Probably waiting until the transfer window has closed so that the ramifications of a QPR victory can be dealt with outside the transfer market rather than the chaos that would develop were they to be defeated now.

If QPR are successful and the FUP system is suspended/breaks down then Rovers should sue the League for a loss of earnings - less season ticket sales and poorer sponsorship take up due to lower expectations caused by the embargo.

I'm just looking forward to hearing from those who are critical of Rhodes yet are championing Le Fondre.

Give it about 10 games where the team and ALF have bagged less goals than usual and the backtracking will begin. "Le Fondre is too slow, not tall or strong enough. Shouldn't have sold Rhodes."

Sounds better than Brown or Delfouneso up top at least. They might be tall or quick but the back of the net they can not find. Not sure the team would improve either...

I'm just looking forward to hearing from those who are critical of Rhodes yet are championing Le Fondre.

Give it about 10 games where the team and ALF have bagged less goals than usual and the backtracking will begin. "Le Fondre is too slow, not tall or strong enough. Shouldn't have sold Rhodes."

Sounds better than Brown or Delfouneso up top at least. They might be tall or quick but the back of the net they can not find. Not sure the team would improve either...

From the little I've seen of Rhodes live and from what I've heard Le Fondre would struggle to be slower than him.

Archived