majorstyre Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 to be fair, i think it was always going to happen this summer we would loose both this is what happens when you keep lowering the goalposts as our management team have being doing... as i have said previously - this will be a long dark season....
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
RevidgeBlue Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Thought this was worth its own topic. http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13497906.I_want_to_speak_to_Middlesbrough__says_Blackburn_Rovers_ace_Jordan_Rhodes/?ref=mac You would. Disappointing but he has to be told he's going nowhere imo. Speaks volumes about his opinion of our prospects under Bowyer though.
Backroom Tom Posted July 24, 2015 Backroom Posted July 24, 2015 The haters rejoice and get their boy brown in Ignoring the fact he's rubbish he's also a crock, on Tuesday we played a youth team midfielder up front....
ABBEY Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Not really. I would have sold him when we could have reinvested the money.Course it is you've done nowt but say he's @#/? fir two seasons
thenodrog Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 He doesn't actually say he wants to leave, just that he isn't happy about not being given the chance to speak to Middlesbrough. Although they are akin to the same thing, as these comments will encourage Middlesbrough to bid again and Rhodes will probably then hand in a transfer request. Step One is to investigate the likelihood of Boro having tapped him up via his uncle. Already part of the same planned bid I'd imagine. Be surprised if this isn't a done deal. I said as soon as the embargo was placed on us that any self respecting agent will want a. his client outta here. and b. not allow and half decent player to speak to us. btw Step One will go nowhere. Where would you even begin to look for evidence?
RibbleValleyRover Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Agreed that he will most likely go now, when a player goes public about wanting to talk to the bidding club it usually results in a move. Keeping unhappy players isn't good for the team for fear of the unhappiness spreading, most properly run clubs know that. No problems with the comments, he has contributed to Rovers plenty and he now feels that Rovers can't match his ambition (a lot of that is the club's fault).
BRFC95 Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Disappointing but he has to be told he's going nowhere imo. I agree. He should only be sold when we are in a position to reinvest the money in the squad.
Hasta Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Let's see if he gets the same stick as Rudy. In fact let's see if he gets the hatred Lucas Neill got despite giving us 18 months warning of his departure.
Damien Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 It is all very disappointing but this is were the FFP will crucify us. Selling both Rhodes and Rudy is bad news but at least we would have had funds to look for replacements... FFP means no chance on earth and so relegation fears ring loud! I was confident of keeping Rhodes, he hadn't made any noises to suggest that he was looking to move. However now I am extremely nervous now about the rest of this window! I hope Venkys stand firm and Middlesbrough don't take him... Strengthening them and weakening us is a disaster as he will bite us in the arse! With a bit of luck (seriously grasping at straws) we can convince him to stay... We NEED to keep him above anything else!
Proudtobeblue&white Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 You reap what you sow. Again it comes back to lame duck owners who don't understand the game, the town or how to run a football club. Deggsie still running the show, a manager constrained by a lack of real talent, 3 long years of nonsense being talked of getting back into the PL, whilst the Loons just continue to plough money into a black hole of their own making. No surprise then the crown jewels want to be sold. Where that leaves us is not rocket science. It will be an inevitable plummet down to division 1, as no-one of any stature, even if we could afford them would want to come and play here. Even darker days indeed.
thenodrog Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Dark days. Just another day compared to the darkest day by far when I pulled up in a lay bye at Bilsborrow on the A6 one morning in July 96.
ABBEY Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 [quote name="RibbleValleyRover" post="1552341" timestamp="1437737356 No problems with the comments, he has contributed to Rovers plenty and he now feels that Rovers can't match his ambition (a lot of that is the club's fault). It's allVENKYS fault
West Yorks Rover Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Well Bowyer and Shaw will be happy, they've been trying to get him out the door for quite some time.
yoda Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 You reap what you sow. Again it comes back to lame duck owners who don't understand the game, the town or how to run a football club. Deggsie still running the show, a manager constrained by a lack of real talent, 3 long years of nonsense being talked of getting back into the PL, whilst the Loons just continue to plough money into a black hole of their own making. No surprise then the crown jewels want to be sold. Where that leaves us is not rocket science. It will be an inevitable plummet down to division 1, as no-one of any stature, even if we could afford them would want to come and play here. Even darker days indeed. Nailed it
Rover_Shaun Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 The only hope is Boro can't prove they can mount a sure fire promotion bid. But it could also alert lower prem clubs
thenodrog Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 You've done nothing but slag him since day one . Thought you would be happy . Only because den has consistently stated that we could have made better use of the money. I seriously doubt it will be allowed to be invested in the team now.
ABBEY Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 As you said about us with allerdyce .. Be careful what you wish for .
thenodrog Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 So we lose 40+ goals with no money to replace them with... relegated by Christmas. As predicted by some 4 years ago.
T J Hooker Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Rhodes has been backed into a corner and had to go public as a last resort after seeing a few very reasonable offers made for him over the years get turned down, gestede was here less than a year and tried to force a move the minute he started getting a bit of praise in the media.
BRFC95 Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Well Bowyer and Shaw will be happy, they've been trying to get him out the door for quite some time. They probably advised him to air his concerns to the press
roverandout Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 It all comes down to the manager, had we appointed a proven manager he would have A got us promoted by now and B got the bestout of Rhodes Once he has poken to karanka, its a foregone conclusion, a guy that was number 2 to mourinho, worked with some of the best players in the world I'm pretty sure who Iwould rather work with.
thenodrog Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 We're already under and a seagull is ready to land on the end of our snorkel And crap in it!
mustard Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Only because den has consistently stated that we could have made better use of the money. I seriously doubt it will be allowed to be invested in the team now. Would never have been invested anyway. Had we not signed Rhodes, that £8mill would have been wasted on other no-marks, just like the countless millions were before Rhodes arrived. Under Kean and his scum cronies, Rhodes was the only success and saved us from relegation that season. Had that transfer not gone through and the money been wasted on more Etuhu's and Best's, where would we be now?
Hasta Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Rhodes has been backed into a corner and had to go public as a last resort after seeing a few very reasonable offers made for him over the years get turned down, gestede was here less than a year and tried to force a move the minute he started getting a bit of praise in the media. Both want to play in the premier league. Both know it is no longer likely here. Rudy isn't going to waste 2 years at a club with problems such as ours. Had we been under embargo and stagnant for so long when Rhodes signed, I doubt he would have stuck it out as long as possible. Last season was **** or bust with regards to promotion. Maybe now people who denied that will finally accept the truth.
thenodrog Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 You would. Disappointing but he has to be told he's going nowhere imo. Speaks volumes about his opinion of our prospects under Bowyer though. What's the point of having a rotten apple in the barrel. That never ever worked out. He's off so let's get as much as we can.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.