BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If You Could Change One Thing About The Beautiful Game?

Amo

1. Salary cap for all clubs.

2. Abolish Champions League.

Then instead of a pointless competition we might have a competitive top league again and smaller clubs can dare to dream. .

Bugger beaten to it.

I'll add one then. Let any current PL unhappy with action leave the PL to join the inevitable European Super League after 1 and 2 are invoked.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd look at sorting the fit and proper owners test so you actually had to be able to demonstrate knowledge of the area you are buying into, its traditions and club heritage. You should have to live the life the average fan lives on their income for a month before even be considered suitable. You should have to demonstrate a clear 5 year business plan to be checked by experts and your knowledge of the rules and terms of football should be tested too.

Perhaps now I've retired I could offer to put together suitable tests. I've listened to enough kids trying to squirm out of tricky situations to be able to spot lies a mile off and I'm sure I could recruit another few people who could do it too

If there is one thing, its to avoid injury time or showing the incorrect added on time. For that it would be simple, follow what they do in rugby. If there is a stoppage for injury or a substitution, then the clock stops. So you basically play for 45 mins and in total 90 mins. Nothing more and nothing less.

Oh and unban Rovers

Well as all the good points have been covered will chuck in a personal one, make players with tatts on their arms wear long sleeve shirts, wear tights covering ones on their legs, and just shoot the ones with tatts on their neck.

• Backroom

As per suggestion in another thread:

Return of Lancashire Cup. Perhaps have a similar competition in every county!

I'd like a 4-year summer cycle of World Cup, County Cup, Euros, Home Nations Cup.

As per suggestion in another thread:

Return of Lancashire Cup. Perhaps have a similar competition in every county!

I'd like a 4-year summer cycle of World Cup, County Cup, Euros, Home Nations Cup.

The Lancashire Cup is still being played every season. Still using the original trophy. Rovers have been playing home games at Brockhall over the past few seasons on midweek afternoons. The final is held over until the start of the following season and is always played at the County Ground, Leyland. Tends to be a mixture of seniors and youngsters who make up the team.

The most infuriating rule is that which compels referees to make an injured player leave the pitch after treatment and restart the game without him. Can't for the life of me understand the reason for this rule. Apart from that, I think the rules are just fine.

1. Salary cap for all clubs.

2. Abolish Champions League.

Then instead of a pointless competition we might have a competitive top league again and smaller clubs can dare to dream. .

1) Salary cap at same level for all clubs. including equal distribution of tv money through top league, including no "prize" money for finishing places.

2)Champions League limited to 1 place per country.

3)Fair match-day pricing for all fans i.e. £20 max for seats behind goal-line, max £5 for kids and realistic look at safe-standing areas at grounds.

The most infuriating rule is that which compels referees to make an injured player leave the pitch after treatment and restart the game without him. Can't for the life of me understand the reason for this rule. Apart from that, I think the rules are just fine.

The rule was brought in to stop teams cynically breaking up the game by feigning injury, I don't think it works well, as certain teams still do this (ahem Arsenal ahem). Sooner see the way they deal with it in rugby, where play continues unless it's serious or play is likely to interfere with the physios. Pretty sure less players would be rolling around after a tackle.

Put the top 4 PL clubs into a European Super League.

The bottom will then fall out of TV coverage of English football, which will remove a lot of the bad influences - greedy owners, overpaid average players, and domination by two or three clubs.

I'm inclined to agree that we may as well cut out Utd. Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Let them go and play in a European league against teams who can compete against them financially. The gulf premiership is so unbalanced in their favour and will be in perpetuity now until the Prem/CL gravy train stops. It's dull and has been for years.

The one rule that should be introduced is 25% fan ownership a requirement to qualify to play in the key competitions (League, Cup)

Of course all of this is doomed because it would reduce income into football from top to bottom and a club board is never going to vote for it whether it's Rovers, Accrington Stanley or Man City.

Dna reactive shirts so that shirt pullers can be identified and retroactively banned for 5 games and fined by the FA the equivalent of 5 weeks wages. 10 games/weeks for divers and 5 weeks/games for feigning injury.

Any Club that compensates a player for the fines to be docked 10 points.

Off the pitch: anyone referring to football as being "entertainment industry" to be publicly flogged and exiled to america ;-)

Archived