BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away- 16Th Sept

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with a point away at QPR. Seems to be more fluency to our attacking play now but another two goals conceded. Not good enough.

There seems to be no performance measures on Bowyer so he'll stay. Steve Kean has even come out tonight and said Venkys asked him to stay before he resigned! That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Same old, same old.

Not a bad point given QPR have some quality in their team and we're hindered by the Bowyer factor. Also positive we're scoring a couple as well as I've been just as concerned about where the goals will come from as shipping them in. Final positive is we're pleased with a point thinking it's a good point vs a decent team but we're just as good as them. As soon as we lose the Bowyer factor this team could still do well in this league.

Negatives - poor defending again. Can't at all end of story. Team and tactics need totally rethinking to counter this - we turn draws into losses and wins into draws with our defending.

Also subs. What's the point in an 89th minute sub? Why not bring Apkan on to protect the lead? Why not take Koita off earlier? All in all GB shows he's not up tactically to it - again.

Also subs. What's the point in an 89th minute sub? Why not bring Apkan on to protect the lead? Why not take Koita off earlier? All in all GB shows he's not up tactically to it - again.

Like I said, he's too scared to make a sub. The current XI were winning, so he didn't want to tamper with it, even if certain players were dead on their feet or the team was in need of a tactical change. He's a reactive manager rather than a proactive one.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we've looked a far more potent attacking force in the last 2 games with Lowe out of the side.

Have to hope that Bowyer doesn't revert to type when he's fit again and he can also somehow sort our defensive play out as well. Can't say I'm hopeful of either.

Why the !@#$ does it always come down to Lowe for some posters. Could it not be that Marshall has upped his game - as has Guthrie - Koita finally contributing - possible Rhodes fitness improving. But no it is all Lowe's fault - don't get me wrong he was playing c@#p - but why is everything Lowe's fault - just give it a damned rest.

How quickly optimism evaporates.

Poor Bowyer management again. We know Koita has stamina issue and seemingly he was out on his feet 20 minutes before QPR 2nd equaliser where he lost his man.

For 2nd game running, Bowyer brings on Lawrence in 89th minute - wtf is that about. Another loan player likely to be recalled.

Eight games, no wins. Can't really get any worse, can it ?

A point away from home is a decent result. I would have taken that beforehand.

We score two away and still can't win. There remains the ongoing issue as we lose goals against all and sundry.

Agreed, Good point at QPR but having to score 3 to win a game really isn't acceptable when it happens every other week.

Why the !@#$ does it always come down to Lowe for some posters. Could it not be that Marshall has upped his game - as has Guthrie - Koita finally contributing - possible Rhodes fitness improving. But no it is all Lowe's fault - don't get me wrong he was playing c@#p - but why is everything Lowe's fault - just give it a damned rest.

Think that's down to many feeling like we're playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch.

A fan at the game said that centre midfield partnership between Evans and Guthrie and all the players put a shift in

Here are his tweets

Defensive lapses aside (same old, same old), we were terrific. Best central midfield display I've seen for years #rovers

I'm normally as critical as they come but tonight everyone put a shift in. That 11, bar Olsson for Spurr, must start Saturday #rovers

Played really well though. Guthrie and Evans were brilliant.

A fan at the game said that centre midfield partnership between Evans and Guthrie and all the players put a shift in

Here are his tweets

Defensive lapses aside (same old, same old), we were terrific. Best central midfield display I've seen for years #rovers

I'm normally as critical as they come but tonight everyone put a shift in. That 11, bar Olsson for Spurr, must start Saturday #rovers

Played really well though. Guthrie and Evans were brilliant.

I'm banking on 4 or 5 changes then.

He brought Koita on against Fulham last week at half time and it made a huge difference. That was a tatical change which transformed us.

He needs to go but lets not make up daft nonsense.

Two positives from today it sounds like

1) FINALLY we know what our first choice XI is and the style of play to suit them - crucially no Lowe and no sitting deep, and play direct

2) Rhodes has scored a goal in open play. Hopefully that will kick things off for him

Still terrible defending though. And inadequate finishing. The midfield sounded pretty decent however (how long has it been since we've said that...?)

Daft nonsense? Technically that's half time. I wouldn't be so sure.

I'm talking an affective in-play sub. A half time sub while losing is an easy one...

I'm talking a bold move from the touchline.

I was on tonight. First half we were superb and should have been out of sight. We played with confidence. Second half once they scored confidence just drained away, what we needed was someone in the pitch to lead. Everyone suddenly looked edgy in possession.

The second goal wad the highlight of the night, we had a great view of it as he slotted home. Their second goal was just bad defending he was totally unmarked.

QPR fans thought we should have won and they were lucky but like us could not understand the late subs.

Unfortunately we can't win a game for love nor money under this manager and the odd point here and there is no use to us whatsoever now.

Charlton has to be the last hurrah surely. Anything other than a convincing win and 3 points and he has to go otherwise it could very quickly get too late.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we've looked a far more potent attacking force in the last 2 games with Lowe out of the side.

Have to hope that Bowyer doesn't revert to type when he's fit again and he can also somehow sort our defensive play out as well. Can't say I'm hopeful of either.

Well, he has done ever time previously. We are in a death spiral of the same mistakes, the same improved form, the same changes, over and over again.

Archived