BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away- 16Th Sept

We just cannot carry on needing to score 2 per game to get a point, and score 3 to win.

A fan at the game said that centre midfield partnership between Evans and Guthrie and all the players put a shift in

Here are his tweets

Defensive lapses aside (same old, same old), we were terrific. Best central midfield display I've seen for years #rovers

I'm normally as critical as they come but tonight everyone put a shift in. That 11, bar Olsson for Spurr, must start Saturday #rovers

Played really well though. Guthrie and Evans were brilliant.

Just home from the game so here goes.

First half we were excellent , moving the ball about all over the pitch with lots of pace and QPR couldn't live with us. As has been said the 4 in midfield were terrific and we created a lot of chances and reall Rhodes could and probably should have had a hat trick by half time. Quite how they scrambled one away on the stroke of half time beggared belief and going in 2-0 would have been the least we deserved.

We all knew QPR would respond second half and they got the dream start within seconds. Not great defending but harsh on Henley to call it an OG. That knocked us back for 15 minutes then we came again and started to look threatening and Rhodes produced a fine finish to put us back in front.We looked fairly comfortable to be fair and then unmarked from a corner comes a headed equaliser that Steele has to do better with.

After that the siege from QPR didn't materialise and if anybody was going to grab a winner then it was us.Injury time and we have both centre halves up for a corner so there was no sitting back or tactical blunders tonight.

We deserved to win genuinely, and the p,ayers trooped off knowing so.

In terms of performances , Hanley was outstanding, Duffy pretty comfortable but Henley had a tough night. The midfield 4 were great and worked themselves into the ground. Koita can only do an hour and isn't a goal scorer .heavy first touch and seems to take an age to get the ball off. However worked very hard and his physical presence gives defenders something to worry about. Rhodes played pretty well but will be disappointed not to have made more of some excellent chances.

Difficult to throw any blame on the manager tonight and I'm m his biggest critic.

Simply we just have to keep battling away and grind out that first win and I am sure we will be ok. Saturday massive because if that goes wrong then confidence will take a hit and the natives including me will be increasingly restless.

But credit where it's due tonight, they battled, they worked hard and they looked a decent side and I had a bit of sympathy for the boys tonight.

Keep the faith for a little while longer yet lads.if a team turned up at Ewood as the away side and played like we did tonight we would be saying they looked decent so for once in my life instead of hammering them then based on tonight then they deserve a break.

Hope that helps those that had to rely on other sources for match info.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBTF. Thanks for the detailed analysis.

It adds to my disappointment that even our comprehensive performances (and they're rare) we still can't keep a clean sheet and win.

I know mate but tonight was a shame given how well we played. The league table doesn't lie but genuinely bottom three sides don't play like we did especially first half.

I live in hope and that's what kills us all. Crucial that we convert on Saturday v Vharlton or it really will become a problem. Play like tonight and we will win.

I know mate but tonight was a shame given how well we played. The league table doesn't lie but genuinely bottom three sides don't play like we did especially first half.

I live in hope and that's what kills us all. Crucial that we convert on Saturday v Vharlton or it really will become a problem. Play like tonight and we will win.

Let's hope so. I'd take any style of win at the moment.

Did Koita prove a decent foil for Rhodes?

How did Guthrie and Evans do- pressing wide?

I think everybody would fella but I repeat ( probably trying to convince myself now!) that wasn't a bottom of the table side out there in red tonight.

I dont think we will go down.

But relegated teams often suffer from poor management, poor morale, contrive to lose when drawing and draw when winning, concede frequently / freakishly, outplay opponents with little reward, complain of bad luck / bad decisions and often believe they are way too good to go down.

My real worry is that every game looks tough, even though I know there's a lot of poor teams knocking about. We've probably played one tonight, another club all over the place.

That's because we're not a bottom 3 side. We're a mid-table quality team with mismanagement dragging is down and underachieving.

Let's hope so. I'd take any style of win at the moment.

Did Koita prove a decent foil for Rhodes?

How did Guthrie and Evans do- pressing wide?

Koita was a presence and put himself about and it certainly created space for Rhodes to the extent that QPRs defence was all over the shop first half.but he isn't a predator and I doubt he will be a regular on the scoresheet. The other thing is that he was gone after an hour but away from home in particular I would go with the team we had out last night. Well balanced and knit together well.

Evans and Guthrie were excellent hunting down and moving it quickly - possibly the best games we have seen from either to date.

I dont think we will go down.

But relegated teams often suffer from poor management, poor morale, contrive to lose when drawing and draw when winning, concede frequently / freakishly, outplay opponents with little reward, complain of bad luck / bad decisions and often believe they are way too good to go down.

My real worry is that every game looks tough, even though I know there's a lot of poor teams knocking about. We've probably played one tonight, another club all over the place.

Agree with all you say - the only thing I would say is that based on tonight I will give a bit more leeway .but it has to turn soon or once you get stuck down there and confidence goes then........

A really good performance with several players looking very impressive. Duffy and Hanley defended much better as a pairing and Olsson certainly offers more down the left. I thought Evans and Guthrie were excellent in the centre of the park - far more mobile than of late at closing down and then getting forward and creating things up front. Rhodes could easily have had a hat-trick by half time with better finishing but the goal he did score was a superb piece of work. All in all a very encouraging performance with the players clearly giving everything for the manager.

That's because we're not a bottom 3 side. We're a mid-table quality team with mismanagement dragging is down and underachieving.

Don't shoot the messenger fella- you are probably right but tonight they deserved to be cut some slack. GB did nothing wrong tonight, his set up was good they played some great stuff but just didn't put them away. And when you are on a run like we are you get punished.

Clearly we can't go on much longer giving it the unlucky card but I can only comment on what went on tonight and any Rovers fan with an ounce of brain would have applauded them off tonight. Let's be fair guys for once - and I am including me in that!!

Just home from the game so here goes.

Difficult to throw any blame on the manager tonight and I'm m his biggest critic.

Simply we just have to keep battling away and grind out that first win and I am sure we will be ok. Saturday massive because if that goes wrong then confidence will take a hit and the natives including me will be increasingly restless.

But credit where it's due tonight, they battled, they worked hard and they looked a decent side and I had a bit of sympathy for the boys tonight.

Keep the faith for a little while longer yet lads.if a team turned up at Ewood as the away side and played like we did tonight we would be saying they looked decent so for once in my life instead of hammering them then based on tonight then they deserve a break.

Hope that helps those that had to rely on other sources for match info.

Fair play to you for a honest assessment (from a non-Bowyer fan like yourself) after watching the game live and not some of the utter hysteria that some people have been coming out with after the game.

Why the !@#$ does it always come down to Lowe for some posters. Could it not be that Marshall has upped his game - as has Guthrie - Koita finally contributing - possible Rhodes fitness improving. But no it is all Lowe's fault - don't get me wrong he was playing c@#p - but why is everything Lowe's fault - just give it a damned rest.

Cos it's &%%%ing true!!

Now calm down and analyse how we get forward quicker without him, keep the ball better and create more chances. It's not coincidence and it will end when he inevitably gets his place back in the team when he's fit.

Unfortunately, your blind spot seems to mirror that of GB, even the most level headed poster on here Parson Blue said 'he can't see what he adds to the team'.

• Backroom

I'm amazed that people are so delighted we apparently played as good as we've ever played under Bowyer and still didn't win. Yipee.

I know the response will be "yeah but if we play like that for the rest of the season..." but we won't, will we? We all know we won't, because if there's one thing that has been a hallmark of Bowyer's tenure it is total inconsistency. On those rare occasions we do play well it is vital that we get a result, and tonight we didn't, again. If people are happy with a draw in a match we should have won, when we have no wins and are in the relegation zone, then okay. But it seems bizarre to criticise those who aren't happy with that.

If we could put the second half performance at Fulham and first half performance from last night together in most games we would be certainties for promotion.

Los of encouraging aspects to our play last night without any one real stand out individual performance. The work ethic, quick movement of the ball and general attitude of the players is what I expect in every game.

I didn't attend the game so can't comment on the whole performance but I've just seen the highlights and Duffy looks at fault for the first and had a starring role along with Koita for the second. The first is bloody awful, pulled out of position then runs away not watching the ball which hits him on the back putting Austin through one on one. As I wasn't at the game I can't comment on the whole defensive performance but any defender has to be judged on goals conceded or (hopefully soon) not conceded and from the brief highlights Duffy should be disappointed with his part in the goals.

If we could put the second half performance at Fulham and first half performance from last night together in most games we would be certainties for promotion.

Los of encouraging aspects to our play last night without any one real stand out individual performance. The work ethic, quick movement of the ball and general attitude of the players is what I expect in every game.

We know in real terms that won't happen especially when games last 90 mins.. Still my opinion is a manager of warnock or pearson would get that and we'd challenge for promotion

• Moderation Lead

I'm amazed that people are so delighted we apparently played as good as we've ever played under Bowyer and still didn't win. Yipee.

I know the response will be "yeah but if we play like that for the rest of the season..." but we won't, will we? We all know we won't, because if there's one thing that has been a hallmark of Bowyer's tenure it is total inconsistency. On those rare occasions we do play well it is vital that we get a result, and tonight we didn't, again. If people are happy with a draw in a match we should have won, when we have no wins and are in the relegation zone, then okay. But it seems bizarre to criticise those who aren't happy with that.

I don't know, we do seem to consistently give away late goals ;)

We know in real terms that won't happen especially when games last 90 mins.. Still my opinion is a manager of warnock or pearson would get that and we'd challenge for promotion

I agree that another manager could markedly improve the 'weaker' aspects of our play but the harsh reality is that we are most unlikely to get one.

One thing I noticed last night was that Tony Grant was far more prominent in the Technical Area than Bowyer , Short or McPhillips. In fact I wondered for a while if indeed Bowyer was there such was his low profile as he was sat down for long periods.

I agree that another manager could markedly improve the 'weaker' aspects of our play but the harsh reality is that we are most unlikely to get one.

One thing I noticed last night was that Tony Grant was far more prominent in the Technical Area than Bowyer , Short or McPhillips. In fact I wondered for a while if indeed Bowyer was there such was his low profile as he was sat down for long periods.

McPhillips or Short very rare appears in the Technical area.

You tend to see Grant and Bowyer more in the Technical area.

Ive very pleased that Evans and Guthrie had good game.

just watched goals great goal from Rhodes ,looks like QPR not only write there own rules for FFP bur also football on our first gaol look where the defender is standing a yard in front of the refs spray good job it did not make any difference. unluck with there first but yet again undone with a ball in the box for there second.

Archived