BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away- 16Th Sept

It's worrying that every game so far this season the opposition has been poor yet we are still without a win.

On last nights game, although we played decent overall, we still gave the ball away needlessly far too many times. All our players panic when put under pressure.

Great goal from Rhodes who easily had his best performance so far this season.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worrying that every game so far this season the opposition has been poor yet we are still without a win.

On last nights game, although we played decent overall, we still gave the ball away needlessly far too many times. All our players panic when put under pressure.

Great goal from Rhodes who easily had his best performance so far this season.

I actually thought ball retention was one of our strengths last night. Some passes did go astray but overall it was much better than it has been for a long time.

This season he has been poor - but for some on this MB it is just a witch hunt.

I think you've got to accept that one of the main problems regarding Lowe is that if he is declared fit he will walk straight back into the starting line up on Sat regardless of who played well last night. It angers people and opens the lad up to critics as much as his poor form, very limited ability.

It's been a recurring theme and will happen again and it just shouldn't. He's always been a squad man at very best. If he was used from the bench to do a certain job you'd see a different reaction towards him I think. Having said that Bowyer would use him as first option sub every game !!!!!

For me Bowyer is his own worst enemy, when he does by accident or design come across a formula that sees an upturn in fortunes or performance it will be short lived often due to unnecessary changes to the starting 11.

I can only hope that he FINALLY sees the light and does not put Lowe (or Spurr) back in the side. If he does, then I have to question what is going on behind the scenes as it makes absolutely no football sense.

• Moderation Lead

I must admit having been a long term critic of Evans he was alright against Fulham and seems to have continued this last night. The simple fact with Lowe is that we have better midfielders than him.

I wouldn't even stick him at right back over Henley if I'm honest.

A really good performance with several players looking very impressive. Duffy and Hanley defended much better as a pairing and Olsson certainly offers more down the left. I thought Evans and Guthrie were excellent in the centre of the park - far more mobile than of late at closing down and then getting forward and creating things up front. Rhodes could easily have had a hat-trick by half time with better finishing but the goal he did score was a superb piece of work. All in all a very encouraging performance with the players clearly giving everything for the manager.

The real test is the team he picks when he has a full squad available...

I think you've got to accept that one of the main problems regarding Lowe is that if he is declared fit he will walk straight back into the starting line up on Sat regardless of who played well last night. It angers people and opens the lad up to critics as much as his poor form, very limited ability.

It's been a recurring theme and will happen again and it just shouldn't. He's always been a squad man at very best. If he was used from the bench to do a certain job you'd see a different reaction towards him I think. Having said that Bowyer would use him as first option sub every game !!!!!

Maybe so but I would be thinking seriously about bringing him I. At right back- Henley struggled again though he got booked thanks to a hospital pass from Conway and to call it an own goal is ridiculous. But he he does get bullied

Maybe so but I would be thinking seriously about bringing him I. At right back- Henley struggled again though he got booked thanks to a hospital pass from Conway and to call it an own goal is ridiculous. But he he does get bullied

Not that I want him anywhere near but Williamson seems to have disappeared off the planet having been given another year.not even making the bench these days

The club continues to regress under Bowyer it's time to go.the team can't and don't defend properly. The lack of knowledge or forethought with substitutes continually baffles leading to one assumption. Bowyer hasn't got a clue what to do.

What happened to all the optimism you had preseason? Not having a go at you, am genuinely curious. You seemed really bouyed-up about things after meeting Shaw, talk of a lot of plans and improvements being put into place.

Not that I want him anywhere near but Williamson seems to have disappeared off the planet having been given another year.not even making the bench these days

I think we should be bringing in a proper right back or at least cover like we should have done last season. The likes of Barrow / Lawrence are pointless really when there is other areas that have needed strengthening since god knows when. If we want to build the defence properly it's a no brainer for me. Maybe given a run Lowe could do better there but I seriously doubt it.

I think the Willo thing was a bit of a cock up by those pen pushers to be honest as it came out not long ago that he'd played enough last season to activate a clause that guaranteed him another 12 months.

The manager obviously doesn't think so, overlooking him for the pedestrian Tommy Spurr.

Ollson started the season very poorly and deserved to be left out.

Why should a promising young natural full back like henley lose his place to lowe?

I do agree Lowe shouldn't start, but i would take him over Henley at right back. I am yet to see what any of the fuss is about with the lad Henley. I actually think he is our big defensive problem.

I think we should be bringing in a proper right back or at least cover like we should have done last season. The likes of Barrow / Lawrence are pointless really when there is other areas that have needed strengthening since god knows when. If we want to build the defence properly it's a no brainer for me. Maybe given a run Lowe could do better there but I seriously doubt it.

Wouldn't disagree one iota Tomphil.The balance of the summer signings looks more and more like blind panic than anything resembling a plan

I think the Willo thing was a bit of a cock up by those pen pushers to be honest as it came out not long ago that he'd played enough last season to activate a clause that guaranteed him another 12 months.

How strange... I just watched the highlights. Looked like Olsson stopped a QPR goal with his hand (no penalty given) but Bowyer didn't mention it at all. I thought it was only us who were on the wrong end of refereeing decisions??

Can't comment on the game much as it's only based on three mins on highlights, but gosh do we look frightened when QPR attack. The players looked all over the place.

Jordan Rhodes. What a goal. What a guy.

Yeah, right. More like Bowyer was waiting for the first chance to drop him because he favours an honest plodder like Spurr and his secret weapon of being able to fling a ball 30 yards to the opposition.

Yeah, right. More like Bowyer was waiting for the first chance to drop him because he favours an honest plodder like Spurr and his secret weapon of being able to fling a ball 30 yards to the opposition.

Well i watched him with my own two eyes and he was very poor. He had reverted back to the original Marcus and not last years player.

A really good performance with several players looking very impressive. Duffy and Hanley defended much better as a pairing and Olsson certainly offers more down the left. I thought Evans and Guthrie were excellent in the centre of the park - far more mobile than of late at closing down and then getting forward and creating things up front. Rhodes could easily have had a hat-trick by half time with better finishing but the goal he did score was a superb piece of work. All in all a very encouraging performance with the players clearly giving everything for the manager.

Not to take too much issue with this Parson, but I don't buy into this whole 'the players worked really hard so they're clearly giving their all for the manager' baloney. Who's to say the players aren't working for themselves? Or for their families or for the fans? Although there's plenty an overpaid premadonna playing football nowadays, I don't believe that putting in graft is a sign that the players are supportive of the manager or any of that. For all we know, they could be as fed up with Bowyer as we are and want to show what they can do as individuals, perhaps to earn a transfer at the end of the year. Yes, some footballers spit their dummies out but it isn't exactly endemic of the industry.

Well i watched him with my own two eyes and he was very poor. He had reverted back to the original Marcus and not last years player.

I wonder why that is? I wonder if knowing that you are considered to be behind Spurr in Bowyer's pecking order has anything to do with it. What a confidence buster that must be.

And Spurr has played very poorly in every game since he replaced Olsson, so why wasn't he left out? Clutching at straws to defend Bowyer there Speedie. Olsson offers a lot more on a consistent basis. Spurr has looked poor for a long time.

If you want a demonstration of what Olsson can do, go to 1:25 on the link below (it's the highlights). You'll see Olsson make a terrific handball stop at 1-1. Gosh, if it was the other way round Bowyer would have milked it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9993820/qpr-2-2-blackburn-watch-highlights-of-loftus-road-draw

I agree that another manager could markedly improve the 'weaker' aspects of our play but the harsh reality is that we are most unlikely to get one.

One thing I noticed last night was that Tony Grant was far more prominent in the Technical Area than Bowyer , Short or McPhillips. In fact I wondered for a while if indeed Bowyer was there such was his low profile as he was sat down for long periods.

I noticed a change in Bowyer's demeanour in the dugout last night. Every game so far this season he has spent the entire 90 minutes on his feet in his suit in the technical area. Last night he reverted back to the old days of wearing his tracksuit and spent most of his time sat down on the bench.

Tony Grant appears to have taken a more hands on role these last couple of games. Prior to Fulham Grant very rarely left the bench and it was nearly always Craig Short who got up to speak to the players and Bowyer. These last two games Short has been sat down with Grant the one shouting onto the pitch.

Probably means nothing but it is a definite change in behaviour in the dugout.

Also those who criticise Bowyer for not showing enough passion should have seen him in the second half last night. He was going ballistic with the referee and fourth official for some of their decisions. This is what I like to see.

Archived