BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Away- 16Th Sept

If Lowe recovers he'll be back. And surely having lost his place by conceeding none in his last game Raya will be back, seeing as the man he was dropped for, on a whim,conceeded two??

It makes no sense. So it's likely

You couldn't make it up.....but I did :(

Rovers sweating on Big J Lowe injury, plus more goal line whingeing

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13719584.Blackburn_Rovers_sweat_on_Jason_Lowe_injury_____as_boss_makes_goal_line_technology_plea/?ref=mac

If Lowe is fit you can see him walzting straight back in. Either v QPR or Charlton. Mr Undroppable

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe have been really shocking after his injury. He was bad before but no he is shocking bad. I question Bowyers ability about why he is playing him? I mean hes not blind to see how poor he has been this season and seasons before. Something is wrong there. Maybe he's Bowyers ladyboy?

• Backroom

If Lowe is fit you can see him walzting straight back in. Either v QPR or Charlton. Mr Undroppable

Nailed on.

Hopefully one day somebody will question him on why Lowe and Hanley are the only members of the team who cannot be dropped.

Lowe have been really shocking after his injury. He was bad before but no he is shocking bad. I question Bowyers ability about why he is playing him? I mean hes not blind to see how poor he has been this season and seasons before. Something is wrong there. Maybe he's Bowyers ladyboy?

Lovechild more like and they do say love is blind.

I'm predicting a draw, which will subsequently be portrayed by the club as some almighty achievement at getting a result at QPR (when actually Forest and Cardiff have both got results there already this season).

The reality is that normally a draw would be a good result, but we need wins and urgently. The nature of this division means every game is winnable and should be treated as such, yet I get the impression we're more concerned with ensuring we get a point rather than going for all 3.

We saw it at Huddersfield - after getting back to 1-1 we made little/no effort to go on to win the game when it was there for the taking, and I've no doubt that had we made it to 2-2 against Fulham then we would have sat back and defended the point rather than going for a third.

The Marcus Olsson situation is really starting to frustrate me. He doesn't deserve to be on the bench, yet is being kept out of the team by Spurr seemingly for one reason and that is the long throw.

However, when was the last time a long throw actually led to a goal? Its not a weapon that has served us well, so why continue to persist with it at the expense of playing our best left back?

The occasions we used it against Fulham in the first half more often than not the ball went to one of their players and they quickly broke away with Spurr up at the wrong end of the pitch so he couldn't defend.

I can see it happening now. Olsson is out of contract at the end of the season and will walk away on a free transfer because he hasn't played enough. Then the club can bemoan losing its reigning player of the season and not being able to replace him.

You couldn't make it up.....but I did :(

Rovers sweating on Big J Lowe injury, plus more goal line whingeing

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13719584.Blackburn_Rovers_sweat_on_Jason_Lowe_injury_____as_boss_makes_goal_line_technology_plea/?ref=mac

More predictable swerving around to distract from the real issues.

I'd drop -

Spur for Olsson

Duffy for Kila

Evans for Akpan

Delf for Koita

We need to pick up the three points.

Captain Mike. Swap your complementaries for the away end. I'll get you a pint on the concourse.

Not a bad side there, Aggy... But I don't think we're good enough to play 442 away from home or against the sides who play a 5man midfield.

Henley looked like the weak footballer on Sunday.Why is he not being replaced?

Not losing would be good.....winning on Saturday would be even better.

Even in the 1st half vs Fulham we had better chances than them.....and then murdered them in the 2nd Half.

This season was never going to be easy....losing Gestede and Cairney...and NOT selling Rhodesy.

The hysterics on here is ridiculous.

The 'smaller' London clubs I don't have much of a problem with - the Brentfords, Fulhams, Charltons, and even Millwall, seem to have a decent yet small core of support and are good community clubs. Lower down Leyton Orient, Barnet, Wimbledon and Dagenham are all proper clubs and great days out for away fans.

QPR have got on my nerves in recent years due to them thinking they can buy their way to success and as yet haven't been punished for that.

The 'big' clubs - Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham - are a different matter altogether - mass delusions of grandeur (esp W Ham and Spurs), ruined by membership of the Premier League which has diluted their traditional loyal support and instead given rise to the corporates and tourists who want to watch the Premier League.

Nothing against QPR or their fans, always thought of them as a decent solid small to medium club however I've no time for the idiots who run them. They came into money and you can't begrudge them that but it hasn't worked out and it's fair to say they are getting away with murder with the FFP. Although it could be argued that their owners are standing up to the farce and saying fluck it, if everyone did the same .........

Henley looked like the weak footballer on Sunday.Why is he not being replaced?

Not losing would be good.....winning on Saturday would be even better.

Even in the 1st half vs Fulham we had better chances than them.....and then murdered them in the 2nd Half.

This season was never going to be easy....losing Gestede and Cairney...and NOT selling Rhodesy.

The hysterics on here is ridiculous.

It's a damn good job we didn't sell Rhodes because Gestede was going regardless. Anyone who thinks we could have sold Rhodes and kept Gestede is on the Planet Zog. Would you have trusted GB replacing both of them? Even if it had lifted the embargo, I have no faith that any money would have been invested in replacements. We'd have ended up with Brown and Koita battling it out up top and I guarantee things would get far worse than they are now. With JR leading the line we will get bailed out of a few games by him bagging goals against the run of play. Losing them both would have been an unmitigated disaster.

Probably a bore draw and could see GB starting us lineup:

Steele

Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr

Marshall, Evans, Apan, Guthrie, Conway

Rhodes

We have to stick with 442. We've looked much better with two strikers. If we play one it doesn't suit Rhodes' style and our midfielders lack the pace to give him proper support.

The only question is how many we will lose by...

You could be right of course, but it's just the kind of game Bowyer usually gets a result in, when we on here feel the pressures building.

We'll know this time tomorrow philipl.

After watching the Fulham game I would do the following.

--------------Steele

Henley---Hanley---Duffy---Olsson

--------------Akpan

-Marshall---Guthrie----Conway

---------Koita----Rhodes

The main innovation would be to brief Akpan to energetically protect the back four, and tell everyone else to all out attack like we did second half against Fulham. Cross fingers and hope we score first.

• Backroom

Heard that Mahoney has been added to the squad for tomorrow night and given shirt number 28.

Good on the lad, it has to be seen that performances in the youth team will be rewarded, so far we have seen too little of that.

If Bowyer has learnt anything from the Fulham game, we will start like we did in the second half from the off.

------------------Steele

Henley---Hanley---Killa---Olsson

Marshall---Guthrie---Akpan--Conway

-------------Koita----Rhodes

Not keen on Henley at right back but not sure who else can slot in if Lowe is injured. Marshall could and probably should be dropped but with Barrow gone back the only alternative seems to be either Delf or Lawrence.

KIlla needs to be restored to CB as there are far too many defensive mistakes costing us goals. Although i am a believer that individual mistakes are a symptom of poor management, while Bowyer is still here the best we can do is restore our most experienced CB to try and organise the defence better on the field.

Archived