Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

It depends on your point of view. Personally, I believe he has had a difficult job which is why I'm happy to cut him more slack. Many that I travel to games with believe the same. As with all things in life there are different viewpoints and always will be there. Football is a game of opinions with regard to managers, players, tactics, substitutions etc.

Actually, football is a game of RESULTS with regard to managers, players, tactics, substitutions etc.

Except at Rovers it seems.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on your point of view. Personally, I believe he has had a difficult job which is why I'm happy to cut him more slack. Many that I travel to games with believe the same. As with all things in life there are different viewpoints and always will be there. Football is a game of opinions with regard to managers, players, tactics, substitutions etc.

Parson, apologies if I've missed it (which is likely) but under what circumstances would you say "enough is enough"? Genuinely not having a pop, just intrigued as to your thoughts.

Parson, apologies if I've missed it (which is likely) but under what circumstances would you say "enough is enough"? Genuinely not having a pop, just intrigued as to your thoughts.

For me we are still some way off the tipping point. We have not been very far away in any of the games this season and could easily have picked up more points with the rub of the green. We certainly don't look like a team that is going to be cut adrift so personally, I'm happy to wait to see where we are by late November. I expected us to be in the bottom half of the table this season due to the restrictions and have seen nothing thus far to change my mind. If we were six or seven points adrift by late November then I would be far more concerned than where we are at present. As I said before, football is a game of opinions which is what makes a forum work with people expressing different viewpoints. I accept I may be in a minority but at the end of the day it is the opinion that I hold.

Yes let's wait until we're adrift sounds like a plan. Or wait we could act now appoint a vaguely component manager for once and maximise our chances to avoid such a perilous situation.

Nah we won't do that too simple. Let's just bumble along with the cone man and hope that after 3 years he'll eventually learn and grow into a manager.

Don't you think though Parson that a good tipping point to pick would have been when we dropped below say a 50% or 25% chance of getting back in the PL? Obviously the point at which that happened would be a guess for everyone that would have different answers but one thing I thibk most would agree on is that point happened sometime under Bowyer's tenure and has now long gone.

I certainly picked that because it represents a way out from the path to financial ruin the club is currently on, and it's vital to shore up our constantly dwindling fan base as the demographics of the town change. For the life of me I can't understand the mentality of picking a tipping point after the future of the club has already been decided.

The last few seasons we've driven off a cliff with Bowyer asleep at the wheel. But it's as if yourself and others only mind if Bowyer shuts the car door too hard after staggering out of the smouldering wreck.

Thanks for your response, Parson. IMO we will be cut adrift much earlier than late November, but as you say, it is a game of opinions. Let's hope for all concerned we get 3 points tomorrow.

Cut adrift?

I dont see us being cut adrift at all.

We have been playing well in the 2 games so now we need to play to that level in 1 full game.

I believe our performances deserve more points than we have(around 8-10pts we should have)

IMO, This squad is capable of being mid table(10th-15th).

We have a proven goalscorer at this level plus 2 quality wingers like Conway and Marshall.

But I really hope we win tomorrow and kick on

How many are the many you travel to games with?

Just trying to get a feel for the numbers as to how different this board is to the fan base as a whole.

Personally I think your criteria of not being cut-adrift is way too favourable, I could accept more the we are only a few games in reasoning.

Cut adrift?

We have been playing well in the 2 games so now we need to play to that level in 1 full game.

I believe our performances deserve more points than we have(around 8-10pts we should have)

We have a proven goalscorer at this level plus 2 quality wingers like Conway and Marshall.

Its a really bad sign when you perform well but can't get points, just like the teams that do well sometimes play poorly but still win.

Our key problem seems to be that we are far too open in midfield and concede goals for fun, yet if and when we try to tighten up, we struggle to create anything. That to me highlights a big problem - we don't defend well enough up front.

Cut adrift?

I wish I could be as upbeat as you, Chaddy.

I would love to enjoy everything Rovers again.

The fog of positivity will never disappear from you.

Enjoy.

I'm a lot more optimistic after the last 2 games as we're now creating chances. Real chances not like the long throws and deep crosses that the manager was trying to pass off as chances in the earlier games. We're also moving the ball a lot quicker and getting more players forward.

However, I think that will lead us to 12-18th at best, certainly not top 6 as GB predicted.

I'm a lot more optimistic after the last 2 games as we're now creating chances. Real chances not like the long throws and deep crosses that the manager was trying to pass off as chances in the earlier games. We're also moving the ball a lot quicker and getting more players forward.

However, I think that will lead us to 12-18th at best, certainly not top 6 as GB predicted.

Creating actual chances is the least we should expect.

I'm not having a go, but

Those statements drill home how far we've fallen.

I'm a lot more optimistic after the last 2 games as we're now creating chances. Real chances not like the long throws and deep crosses that the manager was trying to pass off as chances in the earlier games.

Courtesy of Spurr going off injured.

Every season the bar gets set lower.

So true. Bowyers 1st full season in the play off mix was minimum. Now at this stage most sides look to improve or stay the same. Oh no not us 2nd full season mid table was good enough. Now 3rd season underway not being cut adrift at the bottom seems to be acceptable.

Should we go down I'm sure the bar will be lowered again to accommodate the managers failings.

I wish I could be as upbeat as you, Chaddy.

I would love to enjoy everything Rovers again.

The fog of positivity will never disappear from you.

Enjoy.

The fog of positivity LOL!

So true. Bowyers 1st full season in the play off mix was minimum. Now at this stage most sides look to improve or stay the same. Oh no not us 2nd full season mid table was good enough. Now 3rd season underway not being cut adrift at the bottom seems to be acceptable.

Should we go down I'm sure the bar will be lowered again to accommodate the managers failings.

Were we ever really in the mix? My memory is that we only started to play, when we were securely a bridge too far...

Cut adrift?

We have been playing well in the 2 games so now we need to play to that level in 1 full

Pity the team doesn't have ten proven goalscorer instead of just the one.

Maybe a small step would be to have Two proven goalscovers now that would be a step in the right direction or would you go for another four midfielders ?

Conway yeah, you always know you're getting a good shift from him with a decent goals and assists tally along the way. Marshall? No chance unless you're just looking at a few games last Autumn.

Pity the team doesn't have ten proven goalscorer instead of just the one.

Maybe a small step would be to have Two proven goalscovers now that would be a step in the right direction or would you go for another four midfielders ?

Ten? Why are you going play 10 strikers on the pitch plus keeper?

We did have 2 proven goalscorer last season but sadly Rudy has gone now.

It was always going to be hard to bring a proven goalscorer either a free or loan. Cant think of many out there who were available. Can you?

We do have Koita who looks decent and good in the air. Could get 10 goals this season but he has looked a good foil for Rhodes also. He needs a goal today to give him more confidence.

Delfouneso has scored 2 goals and he should be aiming for 10 goals plus this season IMO.

Chaddy I enjoy your input and follow you on Twitter however even you can see that we have gained 4 points from a possible 24 that's the only positive to be gained from GB point of view. Alternatively we the fans are saying we have thrown away 20 points. If we are to accept the excuses painted by bowyer then it's not washing Rovers need 90 points to go up where are we gonna get the outstanding 86? It's not enough to play well and lose its points in the bag that matter end of.

Bowyer seems unable to grasp that simple fact of how to succeed in the footballing world

Chaddy I enjoy your input and follow you on Twitter however even you can see that we have gained 4 points from a possible 24 that's the only positive to be gained from GB point of view. Alternatively we the fans are saying we have thrown away 20 points. If we are to accept the excuses painted by bowyer then it's not washing Rovers need 90 points to go up where are we gonna get the outstanding 86? It's not enough to play well and lose its points in the bag that matter end of.

Bowyer seems unable to grasp that simple fact of how to succeed in the footballing world

I dont see us going up this season in the top 2. However this squad is more than capable of finishing mid table around 10th-15th with maybe a slim chance of finishing 6th if we can be consistent.

After listening/watching to Bowyer's post interview with Rovers player he looked p*ss off/angry we havent won the game and I think he has some choice words with them about the goals conceded.

Now supposedly the players had some words between themselves about the performance according to Duffy's post match QPR interview and Bowyer's pre Charlton match interview.

But at the end of the day we need to win today. Nothing less will do.

Voted yes as I agree with this. People saying we played really well in the last 2 games. I would rephrase to be creating lots of chances in the last 2 games as part of playing well is being able to defend. We conceded 4 goals in the last 2 games 3 of which were very poor. So for me we haven't played well as playing well involves a balance of defending and attacking at the right points. We can't seem to do both. If we keep it tight we don't create and if we open up we concede to easily. Bowyer for me is binary and just can't set the team up to do both for whatever reason. I just don't see it changing so he has to go in my opinion.

Creating actual chances is the least we should expect.

I'm not having a go, but

Those statements drill home how far we've fallen.

It's only because I had us nailed on to go down 2 weeks ago.

Believe me I want and expect more, but it won't happen under Bowyer. Even though (as far as I can see) he's the ONLY person who I've heard who's tipped us to make the play offs.

If your area is anything like mine:

Pre match:

Numerous fans: Hes taken us as far as he can, time for a change.

During match:

A Fan: Get out Bowyer

Numerous fans: Shut up yer d***. Get behind em, he cant legislate for these defensive mistakes, who else we gonna get?

Post Match:

Numerous fans: Hes taken us as far as he can, time for a change.

And rinse and repeat

I love this post. That is EXACTLY as it is.

Archived